Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Golf

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Golf

Old 25-08-2007, 00:21   #1
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
Golf

Any other golfers on here?

Getting really peed off with the game at the mo. Used to average in the low 90s now i'm struggling to break 100.

Was out this evening pared 3 holes and birdied 1 but blew up on about 5 others.

Hit a good hybrid from the rough about 200 yards which ended in the greenside bunker. Hit my bunker shot to about 6" and rolled the putt in for a par. The next hole I hit a terrible slice on my drive hit a five iron so fat it nearly broke my wrists and then thinned my wedge over the green. Ended up taking a 9.

Thinking of getting a couple of lessons see if it helps, but am tempted to put the clubs away for a while and take a break
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-08-2007, 03:47   #2
videodj
cf.addict

Services: Vivid 300Mb, Tivo V6, Tivo (Full House TV)
videodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enoughvideodj will become famous soon enough
Re: Golf

Quote:
Originally Posted by gazzae View Post
Any other golfers on here?

Getting really peed off with the game at the mo. Used to average in the low 90s now i'm struggling to break 100.

Was out this evening pared 3 holes and birdied 1 but blew up on about 5 others.

Hit a good hybrid from the rough about 200 yards which ended in the greenside bunker. Hit my bunker shot to about 6" and rolled the putt in for a par. The next hole I hit a terrible slice on my drive hit a five iron so fat it nearly broke my wrists and then thinned my wedge over the green. Ended up taking a 9.

Thinking of getting a couple of lessons see if it helps, but am tempted to put the clubs away for a while and take a break
Lessons will definitely help.

I used to play 3-4 times a week, got my handicap down to 18 and couldn't get lower, I'd play good holes then shoot a ten. More so in a competition. I just couldn't seem to put a decent round together. I got frustrated and that just made me worse. I can shoot par's, birdies, etc, just inconsistent!

I took a break for about a year and now play once a month or so, I enjoy it more and tend to score better these days, my worse score on a hole being no more than a double bogey.
videodj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 06:47   #3
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

I would recommend getting some lessons had lessons earlier this year and my game has improved no end. Didn't realise how bad my game was until I had the lessons

Reading your post it doesn't sound too much of a problem just lack of playing and the weather this year has been cr*p with a capital K. I play off 16 and try to get out most weekends. Days of playing competitions are way behind me I just play socially now and we have a society at work that plays once a month at different courses

See www.matrixcourtgolf.co.uk and try this site as well for tips and ideas www.golfmagic.com
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2007, 23:51   #4
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Went to the range today and hitting the ball fine, but there is no pressure on the range so I guess its a mental thing when out on the course. Will still sort a lesson though. Am also going to get a new set of clubs at xmas will get them custom fitted too.
gazzae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2007, 08:33   #5
bayonet
cf.addict

Services: 152Mb 2AC Superhub XL TV with TIVO
bayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nicebayonet is just really nice

It also gives a different feel to hit it off grass uneven stances uneven lies but the range does have an effect. Hit a bucket before playing yesterday and it did help

Here's my course http://www.ourgolfclub.co.uk/main.htm
bayonet is offline   Reply With Quote