Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 03-02-2021, 12:02   #616
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

There has been an overnight update to the 360 software from version 4.28 to 4.29. Just some fairly minor tweaks but if I understand it correctly it seems to go a little way to addressing some of the misgivings of the V6 users and the series link deficiencies. There's more info about the update over on the VM Community forum https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...e/td-p/4599120
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2021, 14:19   #617
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

We currently have 2 x V6 boxes and are on the OOMPH package which I'm pretty happy with. Usually very interested in a new box, but have been a bit put off by some of the comments in this thread.
Specifically, I manage to keep my disc usage below 30% by extensive use of bookmarks - for movies that I may watch some time and for series that I may pick up when there's a chance to watch all of it in one bite. I would therefore expect the smaller disc size on 360 not to impact us to any degree, unless this bookmarking facility has gone.

Any thoughts on my predicament would be welcome.
Old 03-02-2021, 14:23   #618
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacquesb View Post
We currently have 2 x V6 boxes and are on the OOMPH package which I'm pretty happy with. Usually very interested in a new box, but have been a bit put off by some of the comments in this thread.
Specifically, I manage to keep my disc usage below 30% by extensive use of bookmarks - for movies that I may watch some time and for series that I may pick up when there's a chance to watch all of it in one bite. I would therefore expect the smaller disc size on 360 not to impact us to any degree, unless this bookmarking facility has gone.

Any thoughts on my predicament would be welcome.
There is a Watchlist facility. I use it to bookmark things I may want to watch in the future without recording it. Things that are on demand.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 14:33   #619
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

You can even use Watchlist to watch rather than record current series. Great for those series that have all episodes On Demand from the start or those that have Catch Up for 30 days. Of course, you do have to be aware of when On Demand or Catch Up ends.
This approach does get you round the record/watch/delete issue where repeats get recorded.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 14:40   #620
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

And if you already have 2 V6 boxes then you just need the 360 software, your disc size is still the same, so you don’t really have a predicament.

Last edited by iadom; 03-02-2021 at 14:44.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 16:00   #621
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
And if you already have 2 V6 boxes then you just need the 360 software, your disc size is still the same, so you don’t really have a predicament.
I take it any new customers to Virgin are automatically on 360 software with only 1 x 1Tb recording box?
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 17:21   #622
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Correct.
Old 03-02-2021, 19:03   #623
Jacquesb
cf.addict

Services: VM phone , 2xV6 (Full house XL), ViViD200 Optical fibre BB. Stream - Netflix, iPlayer,
Jacquesb is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the info guys, that's useful. I won't request the change but may feel better about it when it comes.
Old 03-02-2021, 19:04   #624
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
What addition to the current Watchlist function are you looking for?
The function that enables you to bookmark Netflix, Amazon and programmes from the TV channels and adds the content to ‘My Shows’.
Old 03-02-2021, 19:32   #625
lonespeaker
cf.member

lonespeaker is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
The function that enables you to bookmark Netflix, Amazon and programmes from the TV channels and adds the content to ‘My Shows’.
You can Watchlist programmes from Amazon Prime.
lonespeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 19:53   #626
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

… and you can Watchlist programmes on the TV channels.
Don’t know about Netflix.
Old 03-02-2021, 20:20   #627
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonespeaker View Post
You can Watchlist programmes from Amazon Prime.
Thank you, and does that ‘Watchlist’ get added to your recordings list?
Old 03-02-2021, 20:27   #628
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

Watchlist is a separate section of Saved.
For example, here is an Amazon Prime Video series in my Watchlist:
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ADF06494-FA06-48BB-ACAE-ECD0F4FEC7C0.jpeg (275.9 KB, 70 views)
Old 03-02-2021, 20:50   #629
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Watchlist is a separate section of Saved.
For example, here is an Amazon Prime Video series in my Watchlist:
I see, thank you for this.
Old 04-02-2021, 08:52   #630
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know if you have to pay extra monthly to keep a third v6 converted to a 360? (I know it requires a visit)

I only ask since my upgrade pack was supposed to arrive yesterday but of course virgin just sent the hub4 and forgot the new remotes.. I then phoned up and the guy initially kept saying I was only allowed one 360 and a mini - he eventually went away, came back and confirmed and then the IT system wouldnt let him order remotes for me! Still awaiting the promised callback...

Ohh and my £96.50 a month new contract suddenly led to an email saying my next bill will be £159 per month.. I do love Virgin!
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote