Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 26-01-2021, 22:11   #586
FrogGuy
cf.member

FrogGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Does the 360 still have the backwards EPG? Where you can go back days in the EPG for catch up shows?
FrogGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 26-01-2021, 23:13   #587
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogGuy View Post
Does the 360 still have the backwards EPG? Where you can go back days in the EPG for catch up shows?
Just tried it out, can go back as far as the 19th Jan.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 19:55   #588
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

dont know if its new, but when the virgin tv go app really works well with the 360 platform. it did just get an update but i cant be sure this stuff was in there before.

all the profiles stuff is there and you can watch recordings or stream live from the one app and its all integrated with the 360 now.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 20:25   #589
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
dont know if its new, but when the virgin tv go app really works well with the 360 platform. it did just get an update but i cant be sure this stuff was in there before.

all the profiles stuff is there and you can watch recordings or stream live from the one app and its all integrated with the 360 now.
That’s always been there for TV 360.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 23:44   #590
awesometeeth
cf.addict

awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
That’s always been there for TV 360.
so there has been no change in this new update? could have sworn it had a lot more 360 stuff than when i first checked.
Old 29-01-2021, 05:18   #591
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

What version are you now on? Mine has said 'updated' before and it hasn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
so there has been no change in this new update? could have sworn it had a lot more 360 stuff than when i first checked.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 09:18   #592
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

The 360 boxes can have both major 'point' releases and minor updates within those releases. So there are times where it'll get an updated doesn't fundamentally change what you see.

Same with the TV Go app.

Saying that, profiles in the TV Go app for the 360 boxes has been since the start.
Old 29-01-2021, 10:15   #593
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
The 360 boxes can have both major 'point' releases and minor updates within those releases. So there are times where it'll get an updated doesn't fundamentally change what you see.

Same with the TV Go app.

Saying that, profiles in the TV Go app for the 360 boxes has been since the start.
BenMcr, is the 360 TV Go a new app with a separate app store listing, or does it rearrange itself according to whether the account has a Horizon or Tivo powered equipment on it?

I don't know where I read it, but I vaguely remember reading somewhere that the TV Go app was always an adapted (for UK Tivo) and reskinned version of the app used with the Horizon in mainland Europe anyway.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 11:30   #594
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, it's the same TV Go app for all UK customers, with the 360 features hidden if you have TiVo or V6.
Old 29-01-2021, 14:10   #595
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes, it's the same TV Go app for all UK customers, with the 360 features hidden if you have TiVo or V6.
Thanks.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 21:03   #596
awesometeeth
cf.addict

wish I had paid more attention, just seems now app is now fully complete and you can do anything with profiles that you can with the box. and playback seems to have more options.

either way, im actually pretty impressed with the app now, feels odd coming here singing virgins praises
Old 30-01-2021, 11:39   #597
PtolemyIV
cf.member

PtolemyIV is an unknown quantity at this point

I currently have 3 V6 boxes and am considering 'upgrading' to 360. Can anyone confirm if Virgin are still charging extra for the third box under the new system?

Also has anyone got any good deals on the ultimate oomph bundle given latest £4.50 price hike? Otherwise I would be up to £120/month for the 3 boxes.

One other question - does virgin tv go app now work with *all* channels? It got a lot better but still annoying when you would go to eg BBC or BT Sport and they didn't have license ability

Last edited by PtolemyIV; 30-01-2021 at 11:53.
PtolemyIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 12:22   #598
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 V6 running 360. 500mb BB, Phone line, mobile simm.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

£120 a month, I have 2 V6 boxes, 200gb BB, single phone line. Full Sky/BT package. The latest price hike will push my payment to exactly £140 per month. Definitely not on the Ultimate Oomph package.

I just wish I could get the Sports without all the film channels which we never use.

Time to make that phone call again methinks.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 12:45   #599
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
£120 a month, I have 2 V6 boxes, 200gb BB, single phone line. Full Sky/BT package. The latest price hike will push my payment to exactly £140 per month. Definitely not on the Ultimate Oomph package.

I just wish I could get the Sports without all the film channels which we never use.

Time to make that phone call again methinks.
The problem is one does not exactly save that much when they get rid of the film channels and keep the sports channels..

Last edited by denphone; 30-01-2021 at 13:11.
denphone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 13:02   #600
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by iadom View Post
You can have Sky Sports without Cinema. Probably won't save you much though
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote