Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | UHD on Virgin Media

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

UHD on Virgin Media

Old 25-06-2018, 09:13   #766
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: UHD on Virgin Media

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
plus I see no news about wimbledon being on the V6 red button so looks like thats sky only, which is mind bending
Sky Q customers are only getting the semi-finals and finals plus it won't be shown in HDR

VM V6 customers will get the best offering with 4K/HDR via the iPlayer and every match which is on centre court
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-06-2018, 11:36   #767
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky Q customers are only getting the semi-finals and finals plus it won't be shown in HDR

VM V6 customers will get the best offering with 4K/HDR via the iPlayer and every match which is on centre court

V6 customers get a trial....

Were now at the point where getting less service than sky is being pushed as a good thing....

Edit: last week I was told it's impossible for the BBC to offer platforms varying services due to its charter, this week I'm getting this rubbish...
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 11:55   #768
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

I'm sure the BBC have made the iPlayer trial available to Sky - just that Sky can not take it.
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 12:02   #769
awesometeeth
cf.addict

awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
I'm sure the BBC have made the iPlayer trial available to Sky - just that Sky can not take it.
so different from last weeks rubbish.

ah thats okay then, we get a trial because sky cant take it....
Old 25-06-2018, 12:21   #770
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

It would have been still a trial even if Sky had took it , it would have just been delivered to Sky customers over satellite using capacity courtesy of Sky.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 12:29   #771
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

What's wrong with a trial if it works and is better?

Anyway - the BBC releases says the "World Cup Trial" - Wimbledon makes no mention of a trial.

I would rather have the trial service over having no service.

???
Quote:

Last edited by ozsat; 25-06-2018 at 12:37.
Old 25-06-2018, 12:52   #772
awesometeeth
cf.addict

The logic is insane.

I would like the BBC to give cable the same as sky, is that not hard to understand.

---------- Post added at 12:52 ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It would have been still a trial even if Sky had took it , it would have just been delivered to Sky customers over satellite using capacity courtesy of Sky.
You mean without going over the uncontrollable outside variable that is the internet?

Sounds great, can we have that please.
Old 25-06-2018, 14:01   #773
ozsat
cf.mega poster

I fully understand now - you mean:
VirginMedia should not be allowed to have the 4K/HDR iPlayer on their platform - because Sky is technically, by their own design, unable to support.

Or are you on about just the semi-final coverage being in 4K on Sky - but with nothing confirmed yet for VM - who will get it in 4K/HLG anyway.
Quote:
The logic is insane.

I would like the BBC to give cable the same as sky, is that not hard to understand.[COLOR="Silver"]
Old 25-06-2018, 15:07   #774
awesometeeth
cf.addict

I've wandered back into primary school :-)

It's really simple, plenty of Virgin customers would like the red button option that sky are getting.

I was told last week the BBC can't do different options for different platforms. This week I'm being told that Virgin customers should be happy they can't access the red button like sky.

Bizarre.
Old 25-06-2018, 15:12   #775
ozsat
cf.mega poster

You're at Primary School - that explains everything.

The fact that VirginMedia and BT are not mentioned in the original relased does not mean "it will not be on VM or BT".

Sky were not mentioned initially for the Eurosport 4K red button - but were added later.

I agree if Sky are offered it then it should be made available for all platforms which can carry it. The fact that only Sky have initially been mentioned doesn't mean a lot at this stage.

Hopefully a DTT test could be done too.

Last edited by ozsat; 25-06-2018 at 15:15.
Old 25-06-2018, 15:43   #776
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I've wandered back into primary school :-)

It's really simple, plenty of Virgin customers would like the red button option that sky are getting.

I was told last week the BBC can't do different options for different platforms. This week I'm being told that Virgin customers should be happy they can't access the red button like sky.

Bizarre.
I don't really understand your rants on here.

VM will get 4K HLG feed via the iPlayer, something that Sky cannot do (at the moment)

It doesn't matter whether there is a red button option or not...you are just trying to cause arguments where none is needed...goodnight
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 15:56   #777
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
I don't really understand your rants on here.

VM will get 4K HLG feed via the iPlayer, something that Sky cannot do (at the moment)

It doesn't matter whether there is a red button option or not...you are just trying to cause arguments where none is needed...goodnight

you dont understand then, thats odd, its really simple stuff.

you know what I dont understand, the amount of rubbish Ive seen on here from people, I just cant understand how you can defend this.

well if you looked at my earlier posts you might find im not getting a 4k feed off the iplayer and clearly when other channels can do the red button and it work, you know, like TV has for decades, then its bizarre to see people defend a system which is far less capable and reliable.

Im not arguing, I would like to watch wimbledon on the red button as I dont want to have to tell everyone they need to get off the internet as I want to watch a few tennis matches in 4k.

sleep well, try not picking fights with people who have extremely reasonable comments

---------- Post added at 15:56 ---------- Previous post was at 15:54 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
You're at Primary School - that explains everything.

The fact that VirginMedia and BT are not mentioned in the original relased does not mean "it will not be on VM or BT".

Sky were not mentioned initially for the Eurosport 4K red button - but were added later.

I agree if Sky are offered it then it should be made available for all platforms which can carry it. The fact that only Sky have initially been mentioned doesn't mean a lot at this stage.

Hopefully a DTT test could be done too.
well there you go, we agree, how ironic.

I am not confident as its been a few days and nothing from virgin.
Old 25-06-2018, 16:09   #778
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
you dont understand then, thats odd, its really simple stuff.

you know what I dont understand, the amount of rubbish Ive seen on here from people, I just cant understand how you can defend this.

well if you looked at my earlier posts you might find im not getting a 4k feed off the iplayer and clearly when other channels can do the red button and it work, you know, like TV has for decades, then its bizarre to see people defend a system which is far less capable and reliable.

Im not arguing, I would like to watch wimbledon on the red button as I dont want to have to tell everyone they need to get off the internet as I want to watch a few tennis matches in 4k.

sleep well, try not picking fights with people who have extremely reasonable comments [COLOR="Silver"]

If you cannot watch the 4K feed on the iPlayer - then you have the incorrect setup

If you need to ask people to get off the internet to watch 4K - then you have the incorrect setup

Anyone with the V6, 100mbs or more plus a 4K tv will be able to watch the 4K feed and have everyone surfing the internet with no problem....well at least in my house it wasn't a problem.

All of you anger is coming from not having a red button lol
Your comments aren't reasonable, you're just making a fuss over nothing.

I'll go back to watching the 4K feed and surfing the internet
Old 25-06-2018, 16:13   #779
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Anger? From the people squealing over someone wanting a reliable connection :-)

I get it, you don't like people having a view you don't agree with.

Sure, go off and do something else, thanks for you time.

My connection btw is giving me 100mb to the TV so...

And yeah, you don't think using the internet while trying to stream a 4k feed might cause issues?

Bizarre.

Edit: and part of the reason it's a trial is because they don't think the UK network could cope without limiting it. Does that sound like a better system than using cable or satellite....

Last edited by awesometeeth; 25-06-2018 at 16:18.
Old 25-06-2018, 16:24   #780
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Anger? From the people squealing over someone wanting a reliable connection :-)

I get it, you don't like people having a view you don't agree with.

Sure, go off and do something else, thanks for you time.

My connection btw is giving me 100mb to the TV so...

And yeah, you don't think using the internet while trying to stream a 4k feed might cause issues?

Bizarre.
You are very angry..

I don't have a different view, I'm just able to watch the 4K via the iPlayer. Having a red button or not is no issue to me...you seem to be the only one who has an issue with it. Being vocal on this forum will not help you though.

If you have 100mb to your TV and it's a 4K tv which supports HLG then you should be able to watch the feed with no problems at all. We all suffered buffering and sound issues, but these have improved throughout the world cup.

There are no issues with 100mbs streaming 4K and surfing...again this could be your setup if you are having problems.

These issues you are having don't seem to be related to having a red button or not, but down to the setup in your house.