Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] Promote your own website

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Internet Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] Promote your own website

Old 24-08-2003, 19:14   #61
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
Mines pretty good

No it's not
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-08-2003, 20:13   #62
Stuart W
Inactive

Services: BroadBand 4M
Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Stuart W
Agreed. That has to be one of the worst boards I've ever seen!

Just how many pop-up adds are needed???

I downloaded Invisions PowerBoard and feel it is a far superior board.

The only thing I liked about your entire site was clicking the X in the top right corner of IE6.
Stuart W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 20:14   #63
Mal
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
I'm starting to feel sorry for WNA. Leave him be.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 20:21   #64
Stuart W
Inactive

Stuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to allStuart W is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
Did you sign up to his forum?
Old 24-08-2003, 20:23   #65
Mal
Inactive

Mal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny starMal has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by Stuart W
Did you sign up to his forum?
No.......

but you're all picking on him It won't do his confidence any good.....
Old 24-08-2003, 20:27   #66
Stuart W
Inactive

Might improve his web design tho

Or at least encourage him to get shot of that awfull "FREE" board which opens a whole new browser for an add with every click!
Old 24-08-2003, 20:51   #67
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Quote:
Originally posted by Mal
It's an unwritten law that you never boast about your own web site, the punishment for breaking said law is to have your site picked apart (no matter how fantastic (or in this case, crap) looking it is)

edit: spotted this on his "site" too

Quote:
© 2003 Gaming World. The trademark belongs to it's respective owner
I'm willing to bet my ears that he hasn't had the name "gaming world" trademarked (chances are someone else has though).
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 21:09   #68
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
No i made that copyright up myself just to make the site look good ok!!!!!!!!!!!!!
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 21:12   #69
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

And i don't see the people saying that anyones elses site is CRAP just mine!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 24-08-2003, 21:15   #70
Mal
Inactive

Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
And i don't see the people saying that anyones elses site is CRAP just mine!!!!!!!!!!!
Just to point out, you did set yourself up for a fall, by saying it was good.

Is it your first attempt?
Old 24-08-2003, 21:24   #71
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
WNA, a little suggestion for you, if you can't take critiscm then don't post your site.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 21:25   #72
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

IT WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT YOU KNOW!!!!!!! . and of all the websites ive visited of people i don't know well they're pretty CRAP as well!!!!!
Old 24-08-2003, 21:36   #73
Rara Avis
Inactive

Rara Avis is an unknown quantity at this point
*To WNA. It's a great start. Most of the guys on here work in I.T or related fields. Many of the others spend all day on the net and are all knowing, or like to think so.
Don't worry too much about people being hard, just learn from any constructive comments and ignore the others.
From what I've seen on here, most of the members are here to help each other. Take it on the chin. I mean, my site's tosh and I'm NEVER going to come on here saying 'come look at mine, it's fantastic'. In fact , I'm not telling anyone where it is That's asking for it. But I'm learning and picking titbits up as I go along.
Do the same, mate. You'll be fine.

Just a thought, you may have copyright, which you do by creating the site etc and don't need to register it to have legal rights, but the trademark is a different issue completely. I'd get it sorted.
Rara Avis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 21:56   #74
poolking
Inactive

Services: Sky World 300k BB NTL Phone
poolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant futurepoolking has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to poolking Send a message via MSN to poolking Send a message via Yahoo to poolking
Quote:
Originally posted by WNA
IT WAS MY FIRST ATTEMPT YOU KNOW!!!!!!! . and of all the websites ive visited of people i don't know well they're pretty CRAP as well!!!!!
Get the bee out of your bonnet and read my post. I'm giving you some friendly advice.
poolking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-08-2003, 22:13   #75
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

As for the forum, i SIGNED UP to a website that provided it for free there is nothing i can do about the banner ads, ok the forum comes ready made like that there is nothing i can do. i mean if i had the money i would pay to get rid of them but i don't for the moment.