Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 18-02-2021, 01:49   #196
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Easy excuse for everything these days. Customer Service in most cases is abysmal, blamed on Covid - why they have had over 10 months to get used to it.
Exactly. A lot of the companies blaming covid (including VM) had dire customer service before the pandemic.
Advertisement
Old 18-02-2021, 10:22   #197
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Easy excuse for everything these days. Customer Service in most cases is abysmal, blamed on Covid - why they have had over 10 months to get used to it.
Agree mate
Old 18-02-2021, 17:16   #198
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Whilst I'd agree that those firms who had good CS setups before Covid have generally coped better since...

Many firms' processes have literally been torn up since Covid, and rebuilding their operations (as some have genuinely had to do) in 11months is simply impractical.
Old 18-02-2021, 17:27   #199
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by japitts View Post
Whilst I'd agree that those firms who had good CS setups before Covid have generally coped better since...

Many firms' processes have literally been torn up since Covid, and rebuilding their operations (as some have genuinely had to do) in 11months is simply impractical.
Many companiex have managed to do it though eg Tesco.

Someone made a good point earlier that it could be because cheapskate VM outsourced their call centres to those dreadful/useless offshore call centres. Then, when the pandemic hit poorer countries more than the UK, they were screwed.

After being slated on The One Show earlier this week, they said that they've taken on thousands more call centre staff. If true, let's hope that they've learnt their lesson & will scrap them.

They're still sending out letters full of lies that look like they've been written by a child.
Old 18-02-2021, 17:44   #200
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Is DMAX also set to close on March 1st? My TiVo has reveal that listings for both DMAX (Channel 171) and DMAX +1 (Channel 214) are saying on March 1st 'channel off air'. I have also seen online that Freeview has a UK Wide slot up for sale.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-02-2021, 17:44   #201
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of

Ok I'll bite. Mrs japitts works in back-office admin for a financial services firm - their processes are still in turmoil to this day, heavily reliant on paper files and not helped by a round of cost-cutting redundancies a few months back.

Some of the external (i.e. from customers) emails she has to deal with are, frankly, outright rude - so I've developed a bit of grudging sympathy for firms who are genuinely trying to muddle through.

But this is OT for this thread.
Old 18-02-2021, 18:12   #202
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Is DMAX also set to close on March 1st? My TiVo has reveal that listings for both DMAX (Channel 171) and DMAX +1 (Channel 214) are saying on March 1st 'channel off air'. I have also seen online that Freeview has a UK Wide slot up for sale.
There are a few programs listed at 9am & 9pm on 2nd March on 360

Doubt it will be closing as it is advertised as part of Discovery Plus unlike the two channel that closed last month.
Old 18-02-2021, 18:32   #203
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Ok I'll bite. Mrs japitts works in back-office admin for a financial services firm - their processes are still in turmoil to this day, heavily reliant on paper files and not helped by a round of cost-cutting redundancies a few months back.

Some of the external (i.e. from customers) emails she has to deal with are, frankly, outright rude - so I've developed a bit of grudging sympathy for firms who are genuinely trying to muddle through.

No biting neccessary in order to put your point across!

I'm surprised that a financial services firm is still reliant on paper files! I'm afraid I don't see the correlation with poor CS & rude customers.

---------- Post added at 18:32 ---------- Previous post was at 18:22 ----------

Quote:
I asked about this and this was Angus's reply, hope this helps:

It's post #586

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...dge/?pageNo=20
Old 18-02-2021, 19:04   #204
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I asked about this and this was Angus's reply, hope this helps:

It's post #586

https://www.forumbox.co.uk/forum/thr...dge/?pageNo=20
My reply was in context of Court TV, this DMAX speculation is just coming to my attention just now reading MB's post.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

DMAX has pretty decent ratings, especially relative to Discovery's other channels. I can't see it closing.
Old 18-02-2021, 20:52   #205
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
My reply was in context of Court TV, this DMAX speculation is just coming to my attention just now reading MB's post.

---------- Post added at 19:04 ---------- Previous post was at 19:02 ----------

DMAX has pretty decent ratings, especially relative to Discovery's other channels. I can't see it closing.
I was thinking that it might explain the spare channel capacity that MB has seen ie if there are 2 spare, but one will be taken up by a news channel.
Old 18-02-2021, 21:28   #206
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
It's not closing.
Old 18-02-2021, 23:24   #207
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

I'd keep quiet about that if I were you.

Any company still relying on paper files is living in the dark ages. what would happen if there was a fire - no more customer service?

Absolutely no excuses for a company not to be back up to speed after 10 months +
Old 18-02-2021, 23:51   #208
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
I'd keep quiet about that if I were you.

Any company still relying on paper files is living in the dark ages. what would happen if there was a fire - no more customer service?

Absolutely no excuses for a company not to be back up to speed after 10 months +
Agree one of the priorities at work was to get back up to capacity, we had a target of just 1 month, these big companies have got it easy imo.
If our customer service was poor it would be very costly for the company.
Old 19-02-2021, 10:53   #209
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Not all work processes can go paperless, it's not a question of simply being "behind the times". And even paperfree businesses can have problems because of it.

Also, all businesses are different, just because many can cope with changing things in a short time period doesn't mean they all can, even big businesses. Even though I may dislike a company or their service unless you work there you don't know why things are the way they are.

The general public usually have a greatly simplified idea of what goes on and is required to do something. In my own work life I've seen how complicated, how many things need factored in for something that looks outwardly straightforward. What looks to the outside world as "you just do A, B and C" is actually more like "you need to do A to Z, Aa-Zn and then go back to Fr846" and those that work there are wanting to curl up into a ball in a dark room...and that was pre-Covid. And that can just be the regulations.

Back on topic...the EPG still says Channel Off-Air for DMAX, so I was wondering...maybe it's getting replaced by a HD version on VM? Not saying it's likely, just an alternative suggestion to closing.
Old 19-02-2021, 12:48   #210
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Not all work processes can go paperless, it's not a question of simply being "behind the times". And even paperfree businesses can have problems because of it.

Also, all businesses are different, just because many can cope with changing things in a short time period doesn't mean they all can, even big businesses. Even though I may dislike a company or their service unless you work there you don't know why things are the way they are.

The general public usually have a greatly simplified idea of what goes on and is required to do something. In my own work life I've seen how complicated, how many things need factored in for something that looks outwardly straightforward. What looks to the outside world as "you just do A, B and C" is actually more like "you need to do A to Z, Aa-Zn and then go back to Fr846" and those that work there are wanting to curl up into a ball in a dark room...and that was pre-Covid. And that can just be the regulations.

Back on topic...the EPG still says Channel Off-Air for DMAX, so I was wondering...maybe it's getting replaced by a HD version on VM? Not saying it's likely, just an alternative suggestion to closing.

I think it's more a EPG thing no HD version is on the horizon as far as we know, then again we never got info about Lifetime closing lol.