Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2017, 12:04   #3421
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Be interesting to see what channels.
Advertisement
Old 20-05-2017, 12:07   #3422
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
That is the vexed question MM as no one knows currently.
Old 20-05-2017, 12:13   #3423
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
That is the vexed question MM as no one knows currently.
I highly doubt any Sky channels will be on the service as Sky still don't allow Now TV on the Fire TV devices
Old 20-05-2017, 12:17   #3424
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
I highly doubt any Sky channels will be on the service as Sky still don't allow Now TV on the Fire TV devices
I imagine the channels will be similar to those on TV Player.
http://tvplayer.com/plus
Old 20-05-2017, 12:19   #3425
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckeye View Post
l quite agree as that is a non starter end of..
Old 20-05-2017, 12:54   #3426
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I think the UKTV channels were certainly be on it and Discovery too.
I feel it will be exactly the same as tvplayer premiun line up.
Old 20-05-2017, 13:22   #3427
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
I think the UKTV channels were certainly be on it and Discovery too.
I feel it will be exactly the same as tvplayer premiun line up.
Got to agree. If that's the case I don't see this as a big announcement or a game changer in anyway as TV Player is already available on Amazon.

Here is a description of the service in the States:

"Amazon Channels, on the other hand, is a collection of streaming content services that you can subscribe to through the e-retailer's offering. So, there's no single Amazon Channels interface where you'll watch all the content you want like Netflix and Hulu. Instead, Amazon Channels is a place where you can subscribe to the content you want and watch it through Amazon Video on any number of devices. Amazon handles all payment processing to the channels you subscribe to."

The only real difference I see is you might be able to sign up for apps like Hayu, Boxnation, WWE Network and Disney Life but you'll be able to pay Amazon directly instead of having multiple subscriptions to multiple providers. A one and done service.

Will wait for more news before making a final judgment moment I'm totally underwhelmed.
Old 20-05-2017, 15:21   #3428
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Got to agree. If that's the case I don't see this as a big announcement or a game changer in anyway as TV Player is already available on Amazon.

Here is a description of the service in the States:

"Amazon Channels, on the other hand, is a collection of streaming content services that you can subscribe to through the e-retailer's offering. So, there's no single Amazon Channels interface where you'll watch all the content you want like Netflix and Hulu. Instead, Amazon Channels is a place where you can subscribe to the content you want and watch it through Amazon Video on any number of devices. Amazon handles all payment processing to the channels you subscribe to."

The only real difference I see is you might be able to sign up for apps like Hayu, Boxnation, WWE Network and Disney Life but you'll be able to pay Amazon directly instead of having multiple subscriptions to multiple providers. A one and done service.

Will wait for more news before making a final judgment moment I'm totally underwhelmed.
That could indeed come into play as Amazon already do this with HBO, Showtime, Hulu etc in the USA i think you're onto something here Chad mate.
Old 23-05-2017, 09:36   #3429
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-39979009

Underwhelming
Old 23-05-2017, 11:24   #3430
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

Quote:
Yeah, £3.99 a month to have the ITV channels and an ad-free catchup.

Lets hope it gets better although TVPlayer is beginning to seem like a bargain.
Old 23-05-2017, 12:56   #3431
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It makes Now TV look a steal
Old 23-05-2017, 13:11   #3432
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Sounds like it could be very expensive tbh.
Old 23-05-2017, 17:41   #3433
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
And pretty pricey into the bargain.

---------- Post added at 16:41 ---------- Previous post was at 16:40 ----------

Quote:
It makes Now TV look a steal
Indeed MM.
Old 23-05-2017, 22:48   #3434
Chad
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Sounds like it could be very expensive tbh.
I've had a look at what's on offer and it is very expensive. There is plenty of channels, here is an idea of some of the stuff on offer and the cost.

Eurosport Player - £6.99 per month
Discovery - £4.99 per month
MGM - £4.49 per month
Shudder (Horror Movies) - £4.99 per month
Love Nature - £3.99 per month
Studio Universal - £3.99 per month

If this is the future of streaming, at those prices, I ain't interested. It's not going to be long until the likes of UKTV and Viacom jump on the bandwagon.

On a side note todays launch is having a negative effect on my Amazon TV experience. A lot of these channels and their content are now present in the various search catergories. This along with the usual pay content means it's becoming harder and more confusing to find Prime content. Amazon Prime Video is the only reason I have an Amazon Fire TV stick and Amazon Prime account. I can only see it getting worse. Don't think I'll be renewing my annual subscription if this keeps up.
Old 23-05-2017, 23:35   #3435
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
I've had a look at what's on offer and it is very expensive. There is plenty of channels, here is an idea of some of the stuff on offer and the cost.

Eurosport Player - £6.99 per month
Discovery - £4.99 per month
MGM - £4.49 per month
Shudder (Horror Movies) - £4.99 per month
Love Nature - £3.99 per month
Studio Universal - £3.99 per month

If this is the future of streaming, at those prices, I ain't interested. It's not going to be long until the likes of UKTV and Viacom jump on the bandwagon.

On a side note todays launch is having a negative effect on my Amazon TV experience. A lot of these channels and their content are now present in the various search catergories. This along with the usual pay content means it's becoming harder and more confusing to find Prime content. Amazon Prime Video is the only reason I have an Amazon Fire TV stick and Amazon Prime account. I can only see it getting worse. Don't think I'll be renewing my annual subscription if this keeps up.
Add another £79 for Amazon prime too as you need prime to be able to get these channels from Amazon.
Shudder you can get for £3.99pm just sub to their newsletter and they'll eventually send you the offer of £3.99pm for life.
Closed Thread