Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky TV and the snow.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky TV and the snow.

Old 30-01-2013, 10:56   #16
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Sky TV and the snow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
ok we'll have to wait for Itshim to tell us whether he was talking to Sky or third party ?
Perhaps I recall the price first quoted incorrectly & it was £65. However I understand the call she made was to Sky.Who did the work as of this moment I have no idea. I can not see her calling a third party - given that she at one point said she might change to Free sat to get rid of the wiring Hope she meant freeview
She was telling her mother all about it, while I played with the grand kids. So only picked up bits of the story.
Old 30-01-2013, 13:59   #17
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

So it might not been about snow, might not have been related to wiring, might or might not have been sky, but we do know the kids were laughing

Probably not worth the original post unless you wanted to dig at sky
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2013, 16:23   #18
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
So it might not been about snow, might not have been related to wiring, might or might not have been sky, but we do know the kids were laughing

My post did say would snow affect the wiring? in as much as it was totally replaced. Not have ago at Sky - really I do not care either way - any more than I worry or defend whom I get my gas from. Really have no idea what the fault was, & the guy it seemed said nothing about what caused it. Thought the price drop was strange, £50 knocked off without any sort of fight ( Should that be classed as good or bad ,not sure) The time she had to wait seems long - but given the weather - well I guess India has a sheet from the UK to use. Would not be happy about the lack of a time slot. & no offer of reduced payment due to lack of service.
So we have a fault with the fittings that is clear ( & I checked it was done via Sky- sub-con who knows - Van had Sky all over it) that started out at £65 charge going down to £15, a poor time slot & a ten day wait. Would this be the norm for service from Sky OMG thought Virgin were poor !
Old 30-01-2013, 16:34   #19
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

have you passed on the email addy to your daughter and has she fired off an email?
thenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 08:51   #20
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
have you passed on the email addy to your daughter and has she fired off an email?
My son in law has called in the company that put all the cabling in when the house was built. Its in ducting with service hatches ( Sorry if these are the wrong terminology ) So can be worked on if required. They could not understand why the Sky engineer did what he did .My son in laws mother let him ( Sky)in & just get on with it . Would have thought it was clear to see if he really looked, but in fairness he was not shown it ( Just see an 70 year up a ladder pointing out)

It seems that the original cable was still there. Upon checking it he was told that there is nothing wrong with it ! So much so that it has now been reconnected & is working. Clearly he had no idea what cause the problem in the first place, but it begs the question as to how much the Sky engineer really understands. Decorators are being arranged to make good the mess Sky left behind. Lesson learn`t . Life is too short to follow up with Sky & as he said "I like what Sky offers so why get stressed over "her" mistake in calling them to fix a hardware fault."
So is will cost a few hundred to put right. Doubt there is any redress. After all he was told to do it !!
Old 31-01-2013, 09:32   #21
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post

If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2013, 09:34   #22
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Oh, the irony......
Just don't see you comment when others do it. Again point proven

A difference between those that are direct and those who are slimey and sly with their posts
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 22:48   #23
greyposter
Inactive

Services: Tivio500
greyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nicegreyposter is just really nice

I've still got my dish and box.Handy for travel and Irish channel for the misses.Snow did cut off her programmes for an hour or two until I got home and stuck the broom over the dish.
greyposter is offline   Reply With Quote