Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Recording while watching another recording

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Recording while watching another recording

Old 10-12-2012, 21:52   #1
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Services: Sky Fibre Unlimited 40/10
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal
Recording while watching another recording

If I am watching a recording and I have another programme due to start recording, will it still record without stopping my current playback? Got a Sky+HD box.
Qtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-12-2012, 21:59   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Recording while watching another recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtx View Post
If I am watching a recording and I have another programme due to start recording, will it still record without stopping my current playback? Got a Sky+HD box.
Yes you can record two and watch a recording off the HDD.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 21:59   #3
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Qtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appealQtx has a bronzed appeal

Also.....if something starts recording, can I still go and watch something that has been recorded while its playing? Guess its similar to the first question.

Would have tested it myself but the situation has just come up and I dont have the time before the programme starts lol

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes you can record two and watch a recording off the HDD.
Awesome, thanks matey!
Old 10-12-2012, 22:20   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Lets say you record Hunted on BBC One at 9pm , you could go into your planner at say 9.05pm and start watching it from the start whilst the rest continues to record , hope that makes sense.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:37   #5
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Yeah it does. That was actually the first thing I found out about the recording and by accident

Its a shame no short manual comes with the box, would have been handy. The recording stuff is pretty sorted now but it was only by luck I stumbled across the remote key-combo to switch inputs on my tv.
Old 11-12-2012, 10:38   #6
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Yeah it does. That was actually the first thing I found out about the recording and by accident

Its a shame no short manual comes with the box, would have been handy. The recording stuff is pretty sorted now but it was only by luck I stumbled across the remote key-combo to switch inputs on my tv.
I got a short manual. It was a leaflet giving the basics about the remote mind you

You can download the manuals from Sky site somewhere
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:46   #7
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

You got more than me lol. I'll have a look on their site. Just want to make sure im not missing out on any feature or if I can do anything a better way.
Old 11-12-2012, 11:02   #8
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just google the model of the box and it will be there somewhere
Old 11-12-2012, 16:10   #9
Mick Fisher
Inactive

Services: Sky Unlimited FibrePro Sky Talk Sky+HD
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array
Mick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze arrayMick Fisher has a bronze array

Quote:
if I can do anything a better way.
Get the sky+ app for your ipad.
1. You can re-order your favourites.
2. It has an awesome clash manager
3. And much,much more.....

Just try it and you will see.
Mick Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 16:40   #10
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Think the new 2TB/1.5TB model has the same manual as the 1TB one, so will have a read through that. In case anyone else needs to get it: http://storage.sky.com/prod/helpcent...sHD1TBR2v2.pdf

Did grab the Sky+ app for android and saw the remote record stuff but good to know its easier to arrange favourites in it. Only thing thing I havn't seen that I expected was an android app to change the channels like a remote.
Old 11-12-2012, 16:48   #11
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Think the new 2TB/1.5TB model has the same manual as the 1TB one, so will have a read through that. In case anyone else needs to get it: http://storage.sky.com/prod/helpcent...sHD1TBR2v2.pdf

Did grab the Sky+ app for android and saw the remote record stuff but good to know its easier to arrange favourites in it. Only thing thing I havn't seen that I expected was an android app to change the channels like a remote.
You can use Zeebox for that
Old 11-12-2012, 16:56   #12
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
You can use Zeebox for that
Keep hearing Zeebox mentioned lately, will have a look now
Old 11-12-2012, 16:57   #13
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.caa&hl=en
Old 11-12-2012, 18:08   #14
Qtx
CF's Worst Nightmare

Zeebox is brilliant

Only thing I don't like is I can't seem to block specific contacts. One person I don't want to share when im home watching tv appeared on the live zeetag thing, so guess they could see me too. They are in my phonebook so im guessing that where the connection has come from.