Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] Windows 10 Discussion

Old 29-05-2015, 20:27   #556
truthspeaker
cf.addict

truthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the guttertruthspeaker likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: [Update] Windows 10 Discussion

RTM is for manufacturers like dell, sony, HP, fujitsu to install on there computers.
truthspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-05-2015, 20:33   #557
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

No that would be OEM.
Old 29-05-2015, 23:44   #558
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Build 10130 has just been released to the fast ring! although i still can't see it, but this happened minutes ago.

Possibly another different set of icons in this build from what we saw in 10125. http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/12...w/?p=596867760

Looks like i won't be going to bed just yet then!

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:39 ----------

Downloading now but it is taking forever so maybe a Saturday install.

---------- Post added at 23:44 ---------- Previous post was at 22:57 ----------

The icon set is now said to be the same as build 125.
Old 30-05-2015, 00:54   #559
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

all done here
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 02:08   #560
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
all done here
Same here, i had to remove Comodo firewall again as it blocked all internet then reinstall it.

I see the start menu icons are fixed but when opening file explorer the window still never opens in the same location, i wonder if this is intentional? It is a pain in the ass though i hate it.

---------- Post added at 02:08 ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 ----------

Some changes are listed here but the icons picture is wrong so maybe they will be in another build.
http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwin...10130-for-pcs/
Old 30-05-2015, 03:54   #561
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

well this totally killed my install. Downloaded set to upgradefrom 10122 reboot loop. Installed 10074 clean would not set up a user correctly so installed 9926 installed fine this would not update so updated it to 10074 again installed fine. Downloaded the 10130 update created a stand alone usb installer rebooted. The update crashed as before so tried to boot from the usb and this displayed the same reboot loop.

Will try with a different SSD later but very strange
johnhook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 11:26   #562
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I didn't have any problems upgrading from build 10122, however when closing windows down i always get a box popup saying explorer.exe memory error, after looking at Neowin looks like i am not the only 1.

Other than that all fine.
Old 30-05-2015, 11:46   #563
johnhook
Permanently Banned

johnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about themjohnhook has a spectacular aura about them

gonna install 10125 see if that does it. Tested on another machine it installed fine moved the hard drive over crashed the same ( similar board not a cause with the swap) it could be a bios setting but ive tried what I think are the obvious ones. If they leave the boot as it is I could well struggle running 10 full stop on this board.
Old 30-05-2015, 12:32   #564
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

I can't get the 4 digit pin login screen box to show on this build so if i want to switch account i need to use my normal password.
Old 30-05-2015, 12:33   #565
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I can't get the 4 digit pin login screen box to show on this build so if i want to switch account i need to use my normal password.
try resetting it in settings see if that helps 10130 working great here so far
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 12:34   #566
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Personally l ain't going to be doing anything as better the devil you know rather then the devil you don't know.
Old 30-05-2015, 12:36   #567
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

That's not good johnhook and I hope you find a solution to your issue ASAP.

I upgraded to 10130 with no issues this time. The new icons look good and no problems like previous builds.
Edit: It wont let me in the Insider Hub app, says I'm not a member of the programme, oops!
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 12:41   #568
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stop It View Post
That's not good johnhook and I hope you find a solution to your issue ASAP.

I upgraded to 10130 with no issues this time. The new icons look good and no problems like previous builds.
Edit: It wont let me in the Insider Hub app, says I'm not a member of the programme, oops!
The icons are likely to change again as MS posted a different picture by mistake last night, but these icons we have now are the same as build 125, i still like them though.

http://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/12...entry596867760
Old 30-05-2015, 12:46   #569
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Ah, the icons are as pictured on the bottom row in 10130, so are already different to 10125, then
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 12:56   #570
johnhook
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
try resetting it in settings see if that helps 10130 working great here so far
Done clean installs and everything

Anyway installed 10125 US cortana does not work I expected that. Went into update and downloaded the 10130 update extracted the install.esd and converted it to iso but allowed the update to continue and low and behold I am now on 10130 US. However in between I decided to update my bios as this was literally the only thing I did not try previous so it could be that. I will ghost this and try again with the gb 10130 iso I created earlier