Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | New package cost

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

New package cost

Old 24-02-2019, 10:38   #1
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold
New package cost

Hi have just had 2 x v6 boxes installed to replace my beloved vhd boxes due to the catch up/on demand services on the vhd's not working.My new package price is the same as it was before new boxes instillation. £97.60 pm.

full house tv,vivid 100(which was upgraded by the engineer from 70),talk more anytime.

Is this a reasonable price for the above services or am i/have i been paying top whack for these services.Not really complaining as i have been with virgin forever and have no problem with their service but just like to check that i am not paying over the odds.
figgyburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-02-2019, 10:58   #2
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: new package cost

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Hi have just had 2 x v6 boxes installed to replace my beloved vhd boxes due to the catch up/on demand services on the vhd's not working.My new package price is the same as it was before new boxes instillation. £97.60 pm.

full house tv,vivid 100(which was upgraded by the engineer from 70),talk more anytime.

Is this a reasonable price for the above services or am i/have i been paying top whack for these services.Not really complaining as i have been with virgin forever and have no problem with their service but just like to check that i am not paying over the odds.
Sounds like top whack. I'm on a similar package (full house, talk more anytime) except one of my boxes is a TiVo rather than V6 and I'm on 200mb. I'm paying £52 with line rental already prepaid, so effectively it's £71.
You should get cheaper but it will involve signing up to a 12 month contract. Ring retentions, be nice, and don't accept their first offer !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 11:02   #3
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Without checking i think you maybe paying around top wack.

I rang up retentions as i was out of contract late last year as my price for 1xV6 with Full House TV, 150mbit and basic phone had gone up to around £94.

After the phone call i ended up with 1xV6 Full House TV, 200mbit and talk more anytime, and i am now paying £76 a month for 12 months.
Old 24-02-2019, 17:19   #4
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post

Wow there is something wrong here

Current price for what you have is £82

I get 2 V6
Sky cinema HD and sports
350 mb broadband
Full house tv
And 250 mins to all 08 numbers for £96

Its the vip renewal package where it’s automatic

Ask for that, they are taking advantage
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 18:48   #5
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post

I get 2 V6
Sky cinema HD and sports
350 mb broadband
Full house tv

The OP has a legacy non standard package & has just added the new boxes, so will be on a lot smaller discount. VIP is (& always has been) more heavily discounted than any other packs.
nodrogd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2019, 21:04   #6
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
The OP has a legacy non standard package & has just added the new boxes, so will be on a lot smaller discount. VIP is (& always has been) more heavily discounted than any other packs.

i.e. long standing loyal customers will get screwed over.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2019, 13:06   #7
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post

I get 2 V6
Sky cinema HD and sports
350 mb broadband
Full house tv

Also I’m not a new customer I have been a customer since 2002
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2019, 13:16   #8
qwakuk
cf.member

Services: Ultimate Oomph, 3 V6 boxes, M600 BB
qwakuk is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New package cost

Definitely worth a phone call, paying £94.25 pm with 3 x V6 boxes, Full House Sport & Movies and Talk Anytime (?) and 350mb broadband.

Once I got the discounts on the bill (a couple of years ago), just need to phone up when they are about to run out and they renew them without question. I think the full price is £120 - £130 odd for what we have.
qwakuk is offline   Reply With Quote