Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures
Closed Thread

Old 23-05-2020, 21:33   #181
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Dominic Cummings visited parents during lockdown measures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
There isn't a rule saying you can go where you like after you have had the infection.
Was he going to work?
Old 23-05-2020, 21:34   #182
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
Was he going to work?
250 miles away is a hell of a commute.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:34   #183
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
It's quite explicit what those rules state, it's not a Woolworths pick'n'mix where you select those rules you like and leave the ones you don't like.
Your admiration of Cummings' undoubted talents is clouding your judgment in this case as you didn't defend the other key individuals who transgressed the lockdown rules.
I've already said a few posts ago that I'm no fan of Cummings.

As to the other key individuals to whom you alluded, the Scottish MO did break the rules because she had no reasonable excuse to visit her 2nd home, unlike Cummings who was protecting his child.

What's the matter with you or are yo so blinded by your resentment of Cummings?

My advice is at your risk.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:34   #184
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Well you've read it as you replied to it. Maybe read the thread before jumping in.
Yeah but I’m not convinced you understand.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:35   #185
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Police have just arrested two Scottish guys that went 500 miles.............
was it these two
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbNlMtqrYS0
Old 23-05-2020, 21:35   #186
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yeah but I’m not convinced you understand.
Why is that?
Old 23-05-2020, 21:42   #187
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Can't make it any easier for you than that, I'm afraid. Sorry.
Shame

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

Quote:
250 miles away is a hell of a commute.
Is a maximum distance stipulated?

I have A neighbour that has been travelling the four corners of the nation throughout lockdown.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Quote:
Why is that?
Because you Don’t come across as if you do.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:43   #188
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
Shame

---------- Post added at 21:41 ---------- Previous post was at 21:40 ----------

I have A neighbour that has been travelling the four corners of the nation throughout lockdown.

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

Because you Don’t come across as if you do.
Well explain why?
Old 23-05-2020, 21:45   #189
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
We already know he lives in London and if he had to return for work he can self-isolate at home. He doesn't need to go back and forth, he clearly cannot commute back and forth from Durham to Westminster daily.

I think this is getting a bit silly now. I don't quite understand why you're so defensive of him but we clearly don't agree, I think he broke the rules of the lockdown and advisors to the Government who helped design these rules should follow them.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:51   #190
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Well explain why?
How do you expect me to explain it if you can’t?
Old 23-05-2020, 21:54   #191
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

No 10, tonight and digging their heels in here and who can blame them over a non-story.

Basically they rubbish the claims written in the Mirror and Guardian, calls them "Campaigning newspapers" and won't waste time answering questions to inaccurate stories written in them. Couldn't have said it any better myself, tell them to piss off Boris and co.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:57   #192
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
How do you expect me to explain it if you can’t?
I think you've confused yourself and rather than just admitting it are now trying to skirt around the issue by blaming me.
Old 23-05-2020, 21:59   #193
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
We already know he lives in London and if he had to return for work he can self-isolate at home. He doesn't need to go back and forth, he clearly cannot commute back and forth from Durham to Westminster daily.

I think this is getting a bit silly now. I don't quite understand why you're so defensive of him but we clearly don't agree, I think he broke the rules of the lockdown and advisors to the Government who helped design these rules should follow them.
It is getting silly, we can agree on that.

I’m not defensive of him so much, but I am defensive in so far as a media/political witch hunt that is unnecessary and boring, and I would love him to tell the media to go screw themselves.

I’m on record as saying the quickest way to make this go away would be to resign, but I’m happy if He doesn’t.

I am defensive Of him, in so far as he did what he thought was best for him and his family, and I would do the same. Any father on this forum is lying if they say otherwise.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

Quote:
I think you've confused yourself and rather than just admitting it are now trying to skirt around the issue by blaming me.
I haven’t blamed you for anything.
Old 23-05-2020, 22:04   #194
Mythica
cf.geek

Quote:
It is getting silly, we can agree on that.

I’m not defensive of him so much, but I am defensive in so far as a media/political witch hunt that is unnecessary and boring, and I would love him to tell the media to go screw themselves.

I’m on record as saying the quickest way to make this go away would be to resign, but I’m happy if He doesn’t.

I am defensive Of him, in so far as he did what he thought was best for him and his family, and I would do the same. Any father on this forum is lying if they say otherwise.

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:58 ----------

I haven’t blamed you for anything.
Sigh. Let's get back to basics.

What was the problem with what I said?
Old 23-05-2020, 22:08   #195
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
No 10, tonight and digging their heels in here and who can blame them over a non-story.

Basically they rubbish the claims written in the Mirror and Guardian, calls them "Campaigning newspapers" and won't waste time answering questions to inaccurate stories written in them. Couldn't have said it any better myself, tell them to piss off Boris and co.
What they're actually doing is dismissing it without an outright denial of the claims since they don't know if The Guardian and The Mirror are holding anything back.

Quote:
If we leave aside the rights/wrongs and perceptions of what he is accused of doing and talk about that media aspect. I think the media are probably in better touch with their readership here. You may feel it's unfair but notice how even the Tories traditional allies in the press are deserting them on this issue, I think the public is likely to be furious about it.

As you said most people would want to do what's best for their families but for them that has meant being kept away. Some times in very hard situations. Any perception that doesn't apply to those who made the rule is very toxic. If there was an exception that you can relocate to ensure you live near a support network then I don't think that's a rule that has been communicated clearly either.
Closed Thread