Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Caller ID

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service

Caller ID

Old 05-11-2017, 20:10   #16
Carth
cf.addict

Carth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud ofCarth has much to be proud of
Re: Caller ID

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
At the same time as a price rise no doubt....
oh Mr K, you are awful . . but I like you
Old 04-06-2018, 09:07   #17
Mr K
cf.mega poster

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a goldfish
Mr K has reached the bronze age
Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age

https://www.cable.co.uk/news/phone-p...lay-700001945/

Is this still happening ? Will Caller Display be given free to all customers from October ?
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 16:32   #18
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Sky Q
Inactive Digital has a spectacular aura about themInactive Digital has a spectacular aura about themInactive Digital has a spectacular aura about themInactive Digital has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
https://www.cable.co.uk/news/phone-p...lay-700001945/

Is this still happening ? Will Caller Display be given free to all customers from October ?
I got a Virgin phone line installed in April, at no point was caller display mentioned and its not listed on my bill (it used to be when I previously had a landline, even though it was provided free) but I do have it.
Perhaps it's being included as standard for new installations. Appreciate this doesn't help existing customers a great deal, but something seems to have changed.
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 17:56   #19
iadom
Red Devils Rule.

Services: V6 & TiVo stb. Phone. 200 Meg BB.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

I changed my phone last week to one that is able to display caller ID etc, after several attempts to contact them via 150 I was finally able to get through and get caller ID added to my package. I was informed that there would be a charge of 2.25 for this service.
iadom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 12:17   #20
Mr K
cf.mega poster

Mr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze ageMr K has reached the bronze age

4 months till October, VM will have to comply with the Ofcom ruling to make Caller ID free. Are they waiting for the next price rise and claiming this is a 'give away' to compensate?
Old 12-06-2018, 21:26   #21
Mr K
cf.mega poster

VM have confirmed on the support forum that Caller ID will be made free this year. Be amazed if there isn't a price rise before then so you can take the word 'free' to mean whatever you want !
Old 08-07-2018, 03:28   #22
alanbjames
cf.mega poster

Services: XL Phone, XXL 350mb BB SH3 (wired).
alanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant futurealanbjames has a brilliant future

Can u send me a link to this please, i currently pay for my Caller ID on Virgin.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 09:43   #23
Mr K
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames View Post
Can u send me a link to this please, i currently pay for my Caller ID on Virgin.
the link is in post #17.

I have contacted VM and they have reluctantly confirmed they'll be complying. However they don't have to make it free till October so guess they'll leave it till then or claim it's a 'freebie' at the time of the next price rise - I know their ways Wish they'd hurry up, I want to screen out Mother-in-law calls....
Old 17-07-2018, 19:09   #24
Paul M
Dr Pepper Addict
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM Phone : Sky TV : VM Cable (350 Mbps) : Sky BB (38 Mbps)
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars
Paul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny starsPaul M has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Wish they'd hurry up, I want to screen out Mother-in-law calls....
Change your number, and dont give it to her

Baby, I was born this way.
Paul M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2018, 20:33   #25
Mr K
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul M View Post
Change your number, and dont give it to her
Mrs K would be the fly in the ointment Paul !