Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Multiroom box/phone line?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q

Multiroom box/phone line?

Old 29-04-2013, 11:54   #1
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Services: Sky Q
ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all
Multiroom box/phone line?

Hi all,
Recently defected to the dark side and I've taken Sky World with multi room. The downstairs box is fine, brilliant in fact, however I'm beginning to suspect the problems that I'm having with the upstairs box are linked to the fact it's not connected to a phone line. Is this crazy? If its not, are there any relatively cheap ways of connecting a phone line to the box upstairs?
The problems that I'm having are; 1) box won't give me option for series link, 2) sometimes recordings won't play, and 3) the TV guide won't show me listings more than 24 hours in front. I've done a planner rebuild, a system update and a full system reset.
Cheers for any help.
ChrisLUFC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-04-2013, 12:06   #2
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Multiroom box/phone line?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
Hi all,
Recently defected to the dark side and I've taken Sky World with multi room. The downstairs box is fine, brilliant in fact, however I'm beginning to suspect the problems that I'm having with the upstairs box are linked to the fact it's not connected to a phone line. Is this crazy? If its not, are there any relatively cheap ways of connecting a phone line to the box upstairs?
The problems that I'm having are; 1) box won't give me option for series link, 2) sometimes recordings won't play, and 3) the TV guide won't show me listings more than 24 hours in front. I've done a planner rebuild, a system update and a full system reset.
Cheers for any help.
1. Are they both brand new boxes ?
2. Are they both PVR's or is one the non PVR
3. All Sky multiroom installs require both boxes connected to your landline , the engineer should have seen to that for you that said that wouldn't cause the issues your having.

Let us know the answers and I'll try and help you further.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 12:12   #3
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

ChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to allChrisLUFC22 is a name known to all

The downstairs box is brand new, upstairs is off eBay but has been paired to my viewing card. And yes, they are both Sky+ boxes as it does sometimes let me record single programmes.
Old 29-04-2013, 13:46   #4
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

What's the manufacturer and version number in your system details ? Its got two feeds going into it from your dish hasn't it ?
Old 29-04-2013, 21:47   #5
ChrisLUFC22
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What's the manufacturer and version number in your system details ? Its got two feeds going into it from your dish hasn't it ?
Yes, it was installed as a twin feed, there is no doubt about that.
The manufacturer is Sky (I thought it was Amstrad to be honest) and the version number is 4f3107.
Old 29-04-2013, 22:31   #6
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisLUFC22 View Post
Yes, it was installed as a twin feed, there is no doubt about that.
The manufacturer is Sky (I thought it was Amstrad to be honest) and the version number is 4f3107.
That is the latest Sky+HD box (DRX890) so my conclusions would be its a hardware issue with the box , you could rule out there's no issues with signal/cabling by swapping the boxes around.