Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | PS5 thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems

PS5 thread

Old 30-05-2020, 18:35   #76
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
Re: PS5 thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
I guess they won't be showing off the final console design then, just the games.
Would be great if they surprised us like with the controller.

Let's hope the games showcase proves more popular than Microsoft's effort.
Old 01-06-2020, 23:05   #77
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Delayed due to the recent events in America.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 23:11   #78
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Yes, it's understandable.
Old 08-06-2020, 23:57   #79
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
A PS5 Games Showcase has been announced for June 4th 9pm GMT.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/05...playstation-5/
Resheduled date is now June 11th 9pm BST.
Old 11-06-2020, 15:58   #80
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Resheduled date is now June 11th 9pm BST.
Just a reminder tonight is the night for the PS5 games reveal and hopefully a few surprises, it is recommended to watch with a good set of headphones.
Old 11-06-2020, 16:02   #81
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

I'll be watching tonight. It's apparently about 2 hours long and one of the games will be a Harry Potter game. Not featuring the characters we know but a few years after the books and about a 5th year student. Supposedly pretty dark and more grown up looking.

Not sure if the final console design will appear though
Old 11-06-2020, 16:17   #82
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
I'll be watching tonight. It's apparently about 2 hours long and one of the games will be a Harry Potter game. Not featuring the characters we know but a few years after the books and about a 5th year student. Supposedly pretty dark and more grown up looking.

Not sure if the final console design will appear though
I heard 1hr, it would be great if they do show the console as it will leak in a few weeks when production starts.

Got my Sony headset ready and Twitch installed on the PS4 so I can hear how good the PS5 sound will be, I just need to not fall asleep before it starts!

4K video will be available right after but the stream is 1080p.
Old 11-06-2020, 16:23   #83
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Yeah 1080p 30fps for YouTube as well.

I have my headphones connected on my tablet.
Old 11-06-2020, 20:04   #84
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I heard 1hr, it would be great if they do show the console as it will leak in a few weeks when production starts.

Got my Sony headset ready and Twitch installed on the PS4 so I can hear how good the PS5 sound will be, I just need to not fall asleep before it starts!
Won't you just the hear the sound of your PS4/Headphones?
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 20:52   #85
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Won't you just the hear the sound of your PS4/Headphones?
I don't think so, this info came from Sony.

And luckily my PS4 has always sounded silent when running lol.

Quote:
It’s also best if you watch while wearing headphones, if you can — there’s some cool audio work in the show, and it might be harder to appreciate if it’s pumped through your phone or laptop speakers.

Last edited by SnoopZ; 11-06-2020 at 21:08.
SnoopZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2020, 21:18   #86
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

There are 118,000 people watching the stream already. Lol.
Old 11-06-2020, 21:23   #87
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
There are 118,000 people watching the stream already. Lol.
65K on Twitch via PS4, i read the quality maybe better via Twitch so thought i would give that a go on the TV, don't want to ruin it on a small monitor.
Old 11-06-2020, 21:42   #88
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Stream is only 1080p though so won't look as good as the games will on the actual console.

Watching the 4k videos later will show it off better.
Old 11-06-2020, 21:58   #89
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Here we go! Sofa Twitch and headphones ready, bring on the 3d audio and games.
Old 11-06-2020, 22:17   #90
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Ughhh GTA 5 again! Its now been on 3 generations of console.