Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Merged] BB Speed Upgrades
View Poll Results: Have you been upgraded ?
Yes 59 86.76%
No, not yet 9 13.24%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-10-2004, 23:46   #1456
RazorD
Inactive

RazorD is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: [Merged] BB Speed Upgrades

Yay! Spoke to a great guy at TS who was baffled as to why it wasnt updated, (his system said it was), so i told him what you guys had been saying, and how they fixed it for others, and he tried it It worked! :P

So, im on 1.5 now

-Raz
Advertisement
Old 03-10-2004, 10:37   #1457
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
Hi... Looks like I'm late to these discussions, but anyone in Brighton experienced any upgrade in their speed yet?
If you're on an STB no, if you're on a SACM, you should be.
Old 03-10-2004, 13:59   #1458
Wilty
Inactive

Wilty is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks BBKing - am on an STB.
Just wondering when the October upgrade will happen - hopefully beginning of October rather than the end of...

Cheers.
Old 03-10-2004, 15:01   #1459
PC_Arcade
Inactive

PC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about them

Does that mean ALL SACM users should have been upgraded now?
Old 06-10-2004, 21:43   #1460
Golden Boy
Inactive

Golden Boy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,

I am a bit late to these discussions but hopefulyl someone can advise me. I live in Northampton and am awaiting the upgrade to 1.5meg on my stand alone modem. I have not received a new modem as yet and heard nothing. Can anyone tell me if I should have been upgraded yet?

Thanks
Old 06-10-2004, 21:55   #1461
jtwn
Inactive

jtwn has reached the bronze age
jtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze agejtwn has reached the bronze age

Try your postcode here
Old 06-10-2004, 21:59   #1462
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Boy
Hey all,

I am a bit late to these discussions but hopefulyl someone can advise me. I live in Northampton and am awaiting the upgrade to 1.5meg on my stand alone modem. I have not received a new modem as yet and heard nothing. Can anyone tell me if I should have been upgraded yet?

Thanks

I don't know if Northampton has been done yet for standalone cable modems (SACMs), but I would've thought so. Hopefully someone in the know will be along soon

By the way, you don't need a new modem. People who receive ntl broadband through their digital TV set top box (STB) require a new (Samsung) STB for the 1.5meg speed. Those who use a SACM do not need any new equipment.
Old 06-10-2004, 22:14   #1463
Golden Boy
Inactive

Thanks for this.

When i input my post code it only makes reference to October but then goes on to say STB's will be upgraded on 21st October 2004 but no date or mention for SACM.

So it doesn't really make it clear if SACM should have already happened.

It is encouraging to know however that I wont need a new SACM to upgrade.
Old 06-10-2004, 22:40   #1464
Golden Boy
Inactive

Just spoke to technical help. Very nice and helpful. Said my service had shown the upgrade but when they checked my modem it was still showing the 1meg. They reconnected me at their end and I got my upgrade. So if you have a SACM and no upgrade it might be worth ringing them to make sure they haven't made a mistake.

But good service to resolve this and I am very pleased.
Old 07-10-2004, 08:54   #1465
PC_Arcade
Inactive

PC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about themPC_Arcade has a spectacular aura about them

Yeah, that's how I got mine sorted too
Old 07-10-2004, 13:32   #1466
Musicman
cf.addict

Services: Variable speed 10MB BB, Phone & Sky+
Musicman is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in St.Albans and due for the upgrade this month.

Has anyone else in this area already been upgraded?
Old 07-10-2004, 13:53   #1467
punky
Inactive

punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura
punky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aurapunky has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D
By the way, you don't need a new modem. People who receive ntl broadband through their digital TV set top box (STB) require a new (Samsung) STB for the 1.5meg speed. Those who use a SACM do not need any new equipment.
I thought they had the same chipset, and were essientially the same equiptment as the Pace 4000 series?

Anywho, I have just got a letter today, telling me I have 1 week to get it all sorted, before I am demoted. I thought they would let me use the service at 1m until I upgraded. I had to e-mail them. Beats sitting on the phone, but God knows when i'll get a reply. If I had know there was an urgency to it, I would have been more proactive.
Old 07-10-2004, 14:12   #1468
BBKing
R.I.P.

Services: 20Mb VM CM, Virgin TV
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
BBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny starBBKing has a nice shiny star
Send a message via ICQ to BBKing

Quote:
I thought they had the same chipset, and were essientially the same equiptment as the Pace 4000 series?
Nope. Same specification, but not same hardware (2 CPUs to the Pace's 1, which is the key issue here). The Pace will do 1.5Mb fine, as it happens, the judgement was whether it was reliable enough.
Old 08-10-2004, 19:26   #1469
spanner
Inactive

spanner is an unknown quantity at this point

My 1MB service [Terayon SACM] in Hertfordshire still hasn't been upgraded. The postcode checker said it was due in September. Presumably mine should have been updated then?

How come so many people seem to be having this same problem? Is this a way to reduce bandwidth by only upgrading those people who complain they haven't got the upgrade?
Old 08-10-2004, 20:37   #1470
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by spanner
My 1MB service [Terayon SACM] in Hertfordshire still hasn't been upgraded. The postcode checker said it was due in September. Presumably mine should have been updated then?

How come so many people seem to be having this same problem? Is this a way to reduce bandwidth by only upgrading those people who complain they haven't got the upgrade?

Might be worth re-booting the modem. Some people have had to do that to get the upgrade to occur.

Failing that, phone up ntl tech support (0845 650 0121), & they should be able to sort you out (unless, of course, the checker is wrong, & your part of Herts hasn't been done yet).
Closed Thread