Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 questions

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking

Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 questions

Old 02-03-2021, 00:29   #1
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts
Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 questions

I have a Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000.

Im having major speed issues with stock firmware, on my Intel & Realtek LAN card im lucky to achive an Internet speed of 240mb.

The firmware is upto date and all LAN drivers are to.

Anyone have any ideas?
BTW my Ethernet Cables are CAT 7.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-04-2021, 15:21   #2
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 questions

I stopped updating this router some time ago as one particular update seem to hit the speeds on it.

After a long time I updated today to the latest version to trial it.

Currently I'm getting 660mbps using the speedtest on the pc connected by Ethernet to the router - although the router itself only repeats 200-300mbps.

How are you doing the speedtest?
ozsat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2021, 00:26   #3
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netgear Nighthawk X6 R8000 questions

I have this router, and I use stock firmware.

I get my download speed 99% of the time, even over Wi-Fi.

Don't forget the PCs, Tablets and Phones might not be able to get the speed you pay for.

I used a wired connection on my Samsung NC-10 Netbook I'm lucky to get 90meg