Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

Old 25-02-2021, 17:41   #31
mot12
cf.addict

Services: V.I.P
mot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enoughmot12 will become famous soon enough
Re: Sky Cinema and Entertainment UHD to launch

Hopefully when red button sport UHD comes that won't occur an add on charge. For those on top packages. New or old customers.
We can hope.
mot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2021, 17:46   #32
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Wow, as an existing Ultimate Oomph subscriber I feel they are having a laugh!
Old 25-02-2021, 17:50   #33
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgollop View Post
Wow, as an existing Ultimate Oomph subscriber I feel they are having a laugh!
You could say they have done some customers up like a kipper.
Old 25-02-2021, 18:33   #34
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You could say they have done some customers up like a kipper.
To be honest, going in and having a look at this reminded me how nasty the VM On Demand system is to navigate and how little I use the TiVo anymore. If it wasn't for live sport I could quite happily go down to broadband only
Old 25-02-2021, 19:30   #35
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Sky customers have to pay extra for UHD so why shouldn't VM customers?

Of course it is your choice.
Well, that goes without saying!

It doesn’t change the fact that it is an exorbitant charge for what it is.

The ‘additional content’ going onto the on demand system is all stuff that has been shown on live TV already, so the programmes that are worth watching have already been watched or are recorded in this house.

So it’s really £6 just for UHD as far as I am concerned. Fortunately the pictures are upscaled to near-UHD already on my equipment, so I can live without it.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Have I got this correct.

Those that take the Ultimate Oomph package now pay £139 (forget the cheaper price for now) with no price rise added and Sky UHD included.

Those already on Ultimate Oomph package pay £139 plus £4 price rise plus £6 Sky UHD.
When the issues on the 360 software are sorted, I will inquire as to whether I can have the Ultimate Oomph with Sky UHD included for about £100. With luck, given that I would be adopting the new software, a deal will be there to be had. If so, I’ll go for it then.
Old 25-02-2021, 20:12   #36
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Well, that goes without saying!

It doesn’t change the fact that it is an exorbitant charge for what it is.

The ‘additional content’ going onto the on demand system is all stuff that has been shown on live TV already, so the programmes that are worth watching have already been watched or are recorded in this house.

So it’s really £6 just for UHD as far as I am concerned. Fortunately the pictures are upscaled to near-UHD already on my equipment, so I can live without it.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:24 ----------

When the issues on the 360 software are sorted, I will inquire as to whether I can have the Ultimate Oomph with Sky UHD included for about £100. With luck, given that I would be adopting the new software, a deal will be there to be had. If so, I’ll go for it then.

You'll be lucky - I doubt even new customers will get it for that.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:19   #37
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Sky customers have to pay extra for UHD so why shouldn't VM customers?

Of course it is your choice.
Won't there be 2 main cost components for Sky? Content and delivery system. Sky's delivery costs shouldn't be passed on to VM, as VM will have their own costs to add. Sky UHD cost to customers is £4/month, so why is VM charging £6?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:29   #38
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
Won't there be 2 main cost components for Sky? Content and delivery system. Sky's delivery costs shouldn't be passed on to VM, as VM will have their own costs to add. Sky UHD cost to customers is £4/month, so why is VM charging £6?
No idea personally, but I guess it is worth pointing out that the UHD content will be available on all V6 or 360 boxes that a Virgin TV customer has, rather than just on the main box like Sky Q customers will get.
Old 25-02-2021, 20:35   #39
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
really? thats even worse then. the idea of paying for 4k these days is a joke, but us having to pay even more than sky is off the wall.

I was actually pretty pleased with virgin recently, but as someone who only signed up to the oomph package last month, this is pretty irritating to say the least.

edit: so they pay £4 and get netflix upgrade (if they are with sky for netflix) and sports and movies all in 4k, we pay £6 for just this?

Last edited by awesometeeth; 25-02-2021 at 20:45.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:41   #40
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No idea personally, but I guess it is worth pointing out that the UHD content will be available on all V6 or 360 boxes that a Virgin TV customer has, rather than just on the main box like Sky Q customers will get.
Not sure why that should make a difference. Still a single household viewing content, even if at different times.

The point is that VM shouldn't have to charge more than Sky. How much of that is Sky imposed extra costs, and how much is VM?
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:50   #41
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Not sure why that should make a difference. Still a single household viewing content, even if at different times.

The point is that VM shouldn't have to charge more than Sky. How much of that is Sky imposed extra costs, and how much is VM?
People on here saying the VM offering doesn't include HDR either on the Sky UHD content.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 20:55   #42
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
You'll be lucky - I doubt even new customers will get it for that.
New customers get it for £89.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 21:18   #43
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
How much of that is Sky imposed extra costs, and how much is VM?
Unless you're part of the Sky or Virgin Media content negotiation team, then that's not an answer you're ever going to get
Old 25-02-2021, 21:43   #44
TMLeafs
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Oomph Plus Extra Tivo (Three Total)
TMLeafs is on a distinguished roadTMLeafs is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Existing customers have to add the Sky Entertainment and Cinema UHD pack on for £6 a month.

It's only currently included in Ultimate Oomph for new customers.
Entertainment is show up as included but Cinema UHD isnt is this an error or do I have to phone will it be added for free, I'm on the Ultimate Oomph only just signed a new contract two days ago
LG OLED55BX6LB, Onkyo TX-NR656 AVR, Cambridge Audio S70 L & R, Cambridge Audio SX-70 Center, Cambridge Minx Min 22 RR RL, PSB Imagine XA Atmos, S90 Subwoofer, PS3, PS4, Tivo V6, Nvidia Shield (2017), Apple TV & Logitech Harmony Companion
TMLeafs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2021, 22:33   #45
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

My dad has payed £6 how long would it take to show up on vm
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote