Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | VM trash ex customers credit score & cost him thousands

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Billing Issues

Receipts

Old 29-01-2021, 20:33   #1
entseo
cf.member

entseo is an unknown quantity at this point
Receipts

Hello,

Why does Virgin Media have a policy of not providing receipts?

Every time I make a payment I am told that I will get a receipt, but I have never had a receipt from Virgin in my life.

What does it take to get them to send me a receipt?

And does anyone have an email address so that I can write to their support department (if they have one)?

I live in hope, but experience suggests that I hope in vain.
entseo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2021, 20:39   #2
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Receipts

Why do you want a receipt?
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 20:42   #3
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by entseo View Post
Hello,

Why does Virgin Media have a policy of not providing receipts?

Every time I make a payment I am told that I will get a receipt, but I have never had a receipt from Virgin in my life.

What does it take to get them to send me a receipt?

And does anyone have an email address so that I can write to their support department (if they have one)?

I live in hope, but experience suggests that I hope in vain.
How do you make your payments?
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 20:56   #4
entseo
cf.member

Why do I want a receipt? Because it is standard business practice to send a receipt whenever a customer has paid money. Also I have reasons not to trust Virgin Media because of their past (and present) egregious behaviour. Therefore I want a receipt. Why would you think that this is an unusual request? If you had the same experience of Virgin as I have then you would want a receipt as well.

---------- Post added at 19:51 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

I normally pay bills by standing order, but in Virgin media's case I phone them on their 150 number and pay them that way because it is more convenient for me to do so. Every time I pay them I am told that I will get a receipt, and every time I do not. Do they have a customer support email address? If I knew what that was (if they have one) then I could write to them directly instead of having to post on a forum.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:51 ----------

In any case, why should I need a reason to want a receipt? It is standard business practice to send receipts on receipt of payment (especially when I'm specifically told that I will get one). What is strange is that I am always told I will get one and never get one. Every time. That is very strange. Don't you think?

Do they have an email address?
Old 29-01-2021, 21:00   #5
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

OMG Come into the modern world and pay by DD or don’t deal with a business you have such a poor opinion of.
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 21:08   #6
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

With DD you have 2 weeks or more advance notice of the amount to be taken. Plenty of time to sort any issues out.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2021, 21:52   #7
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
With DD you have 2 weeks or more advance notice of the amount to be taken. Plenty of time to sort any issues out.
I don't pay by direct debit but get advanced notice of my bill. I then access my account online, pay with debit card and recieve a reciept via email in seconds.
Old 29-01-2021, 22:09   #8
entseo
cf.member

<removed>

pip08456 and nomadking, the DD option sounds good, but I believe that there's a more basic problem here. It bears all the hallmarks of them having the wrong contact details for me, which could be a possible explanation of their behaviour. I tried to open a new account with Virgin Media with my new (and working) email address, but they insist I use an account which has an old (and non-working) email address. But the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting them to tell them this. They could be sending me receipts to my old email address, for all I know; the point being that there is no way of knowing this.

Without actually knowing what is going on I have no way of addressing it. But I could address it if I had a support email address for them.

So are you aware of a customer support email address for Virgin Media?

Last edited by Paul; 30-01-2021 at 02:23. Reason: Dont pick fights with our members either
Old 29-01-2021, 22:15   #9
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Quote:
RobboEddin, all sensible and constructive responses are welcome, of course. I don't know what your issue is, but I suspect you'll have more success making people angry elsewhere. Go and pick a fight with someone on Twitter, perhaps. If your only purpose is to criticize and find fault then don't bother responding again; I'm not listening to you.

pip08456 and nomadking, the DD option sounds good, but I believe that there's a more basic problem here. It bears all the hallmarks of them having the wrong contact details for me, which could be a possible explanation of their behaviour. I tried to open a new account with Virgin Media with my new (and working) email address, but they insist I use an account which has an old (and non-working) email address. But the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting them to tell them this. They could be sending me receipts to my old email address, for all I know; the point being that there is no way of knowing this.

Without actually knowing what is going on I have no way of addressing it. But I could address it if I had a support email address for them.

So are you aware of a customer support email address for Virgin Media?
I don't pay via DD I pay by card. Re acoount: why don't you ask for help here?

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...count/ct-p/faq
Old 29-01-2021, 22:22   #10
entseo
cf.member

That link certainly leads to a lot of dissatisfied customers, by the look of it!

Just a simple customer support email address: it surely isn't that much to ask. Of course, there's the possibility that I could spend forever doing this.

I'd go back to BT, but they're worse!
Old 29-01-2021, 23:16   #11
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It bears all the hallmarks of them having the wrong contact details for me, which could be a possible explanation of their behaviour. I tried to open a new account with Virgin Media with my new (and working) email address, but they insist I use an account which has an old (and non-working) email address. But the problem is that there doesn't seem to be any way of contacting them to tell them this.
Call Customer Services and ask them to update the email address on your account.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2021, 11:19   #12
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

If you can access your VM account you can change the details used by adding your current email details in your 'Profile' as your prefered contact option.
Quote:
Contact details
Your contact email address will be used to send notifications to you including your monthly eBill. It's important to keep your contact details up to date. Please make any changes here.