Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Old 16-01-2021, 15:30   #526
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Virgin TV 360 users (Horizon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Aye, lad - we had things then we don’t have now - diphtheria, rickets, polio, etc., etc..

Luxury
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 17-01-2021, 08:39   #527
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Hardly a like for like change - presumably you are aware that you cannot record anything through NowTV?
Yes.
But I hardly record anything these days. I’d say 90% of our viewing these days is streaming
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2021, 10:10   #528
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Yes.
But I hardly record anything these days. I’d say 90% of our viewing these days is streaming
Ditto for me. The only reason for recording programmes these days is to be able to skip forward through the commercials. This is a doddle with the 360 voice-recognition software.
heavyside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 00:19   #529
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Ditto for me. The only reason for recording programmes these days is to be able to skip forward through the commercials. This is a doddle with the 360 voice-recognition software.
or even the more responsive remote, with a push on the right segment it skips 30 seconds ahead instantly.

quality is far better on the channel than catch up though.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2021, 20:00   #530
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Seems to me that those that changed protest to much . Can not see any real reason that warrants the change at this time. Given time and a great number of twiks I guess most will want it. Unless forced to because the V6 is down graded . Can see why lg would want us to!
Old 18-01-2021, 20:49   #531
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Seems to me that those that changed protest to much . Can not see any real reason that warrants the change at this time. Given time and a great number of twiks I guess most will want it. Unless forced to because the V6 is down graded . Can see why lg would want us to!
I think the new UI was badly needed, the current one for the V6 is looking well past its sell by date and it is a poor comparison with Sky.

It’s just a shame that there are those downsides.
Old 18-01-2021, 23:26   #532
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I think the new UI was badly needed, the current one for the V6 is looking well past its sell by date and it is a poor comparison with Sky.

It’s just a shame that there are those downsides.

I presume you refer to SkyQ - from what I've read on this thread it is very very similar.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 00:12   #533
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
so basically those of us who have and use the service and talk about the positives are "protesting too much". when to be fair the only single reason i posted is because, as is so often the case, people were really painting a negative picture of things. As that wasnt the reality at all for me, kinda felt it should be balanced out so others arent unjustly put off by the moaning brigade.

for my setup its a been a nice step up, the voice control, the profiles, the light up remote (yeah i love it) and the fact it has a page dedicated to things you're half way through watching is a genuinely useful upgrade over the v6.
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 01:43   #534
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
I presume you refer to SkyQ - from what I've read on this thread it is very very similar.
It is.
Old 19-01-2021, 10:54   #535
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometeeth View Post
so basically those of us who have and use the service and talk about the positives are "protesting too much". when to be fair the only single reason i posted is because, as is so often the case, people were really painting a negative picture of things. As that wasnt the reality at all for me, kinda felt it should be balanced out so others arent unjustly put off by the moaning brigade.

for my setup its a been a nice step up, the voice control, the profiles, the light up remote (yeah i love it) and the fact it has a page dedicated to things you're half way through watching is a genuinely useful upgrade over the v6.
The Tivo and V6 also have a Partially Viewed feature.
cheekyangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 10:56   #536
heavyside
cf.geek

heavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to beholdheavyside is a splendid one to behold

Recently I have noticed that the red backlit on-off button (top right of the 360 remote control) will occasionally flash shortly after I use it to turn the box off. I wonder if this is a low battery warning. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 19-01-2021, 11:36   #537
bluecatt73
cf.member

Services: M250 Broadband, Mega TV, Sky Sports HD, Netflix, Disney+
bluecatt73 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
Recently I have noticed that the red backlit on-off button (top right of the 360 remote control) will occasionally flash shortly after I use it to turn the box off. I wonder if this is a low battery warning. Has anyone else noticed this?
The remote has a backlight for use in the dark. This is motion activated. I suspect this is what you are referring to.
bluecatt73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2021, 12:07   #538
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecatt73 View Post
The remote has a backlight for use in the dark. This is motion activated. I suspect this is what you are referring to.
No, I am familiar with the motion-activated backlight. This is after I have used the button to switch the box off. I then lay the remote down on the table and after all of the motion-activated backlights have gone out the on-off red button will flash slowly about five times once a second. I wondered if this could be some kind of warning light - probably low battery. There is nothing in the meagre instructions that came with the remote.
Old 19-01-2021, 13:04   #539
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

If the 360 box is in standby the remote will only flash the power button. It only lights up the rest of the buttons if the 360 box is on.

So it may be that putting the remote down is still activating the lights - but only the power button.
Old 19-01-2021, 13:40   #540
heavyside
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
If the 360 box is in standby the remote will only flash the power button. It only lights up the rest of the buttons if the 360 box is on.

So it may be that putting the remote down is still activating the lights - but only the power button.
FYI the box would have been in standby when I experienced the slowly flashing red on-off button.

Is there a low battery warning for the 360 boxes? I had one of my two remotes die on me yesterday evening without any warning due to flat batteries. I was wondering if I had missed any warning.