Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Time Delay on sky sports Channels

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Time Delay on sky sports Channels

Old 06-02-2020, 08:52   #16
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads
Re: Time Delay on sky sports Channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Really must be poor internet then as i stream live sport and the delay is only 17 seconds, 40 seconds tops.
BT Sport? When I watch a CL match on my V6 my mate watching it on the BT Sport app on his iPad is a good couple of minutes behind the action
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2020, 12:31   #17
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
BT Sport? When I watch a CL match on my V6 my mate watching it on the BT Sport app on his iPad is a good couple of minutes behind the action
No i use a vpn with Nbcsports, i have used the bt sport app too and have never been minutes behind a few seconds at most, but then again i'm not with one of the big 6 isp who throttle despite claiming they don't so maybe that's why?
Old 07-02-2020, 21:21   #18
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Lol, I was at a game BT sport's were covering. Tuned into the stream on my phone to see a goal that had been, scored again, by the time it came through, another had been scored in real time !
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 22:38   #19
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Lol, I was at a game BT sport's were covering. Tuned into the stream on my phone to see a goal that had been, scored again, by the time it came through, another had been scored in real time !
Who would ever of thought it that you'd see a goal whilst at the match before you see it on a streaming service eh?
Old 07-02-2020, 22:51   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Who would ever of thought it that you'd see a goal whilst at the match before you see it on a streaming service eh?
Missed the point old chap. The streaming service was 5 minutes and a goal behind real time.
Mr K is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 00:11   #21
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Missed the point old chap. The streaming service was 5 minutes and a goal behind real time.
Must be extremley poor coverage then as i stream and at most i'm only 50 seconds behind SKY broadcast.
Old 09-02-2020, 14:03   #22
bubblegun
cf.addict

Services: Virgin TV 360 Virgin 500Mb FTTP -AX86+AC86U AIMesh - O2 Mobile
bubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nicebubblegun is just really nice

In my experience you get a longer delay streaming on Android vs Apple.

For example streaming locally from Sky Q box my dad's ipad is a second or two ahead of my Android phone on the same channel.
bubblegun is offline   Reply With Quote