Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Old 09-10-2022, 14:50   #1696
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Streaming services news, offers and general chit chat

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yesterday I was watching Final Score on BBC 1 HD using the Virgin Media Stream device and noticed every so often the picture would worsen and it was mainly noticeable on the on screen graphics giving the scores.

The picture would go softer and a little blurred then correct itself , I ran checks on my Broadband and all was fine however I have noticed this a couple of times and the stream box is right near the Virgin Media hub.

Anyone else suffered with this ?
That sounds like the bandwidth dropping and recovering. We used to get similar on Netflix at our old house where our 4G internet connection could vary in speed quite wildly. I’m surprised you’re getting it on a VM connection though, I’d have thought the speed you’re paying for is so high that even if it drops by 90% for a few seconds there would still be more than enough for a crisp HD picture.

We have BT Full Fibre 300 now and all the streaming stuff we access is always rock sold maximum quality.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-10-2022, 15:49   #1697
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

It defo sounds like bandwidth. Is the stream definitely connecting to the 5Ghz wifi and not 2.4Ghz?

If you have another device to check that’s traditional linear cable, satellite or DTT how close to “live” is “live”?

Last edited by jfman; 09-10-2022 at 15:53.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 16:06   #1698
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Just checked my box and the stream has an Ethernet socket in the three pin plug this is then connected directly into the back of my Virgin Media hub so it’s not Wi-Fi after all , I forgot how I had set it up. Testing the broadband speed seems to give me what I’m paying for so far day and night.

Seems really strange.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2022, 16:10   #1699
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Just checked my box and the stream has an Ethernet socket in the three pin plug this is then connected directly into the back of my Virgin Media hub so it’s not Wi-Fi after all , I forgot how I had set it up. Testing the broadband speed seems to give me what I’m paying for so far day and night.

Seems really strange.
Odd, I subscribe to an overseas service that has can only use one (ropey) VPN for. It’s about 20-25 seconds behind “live” for football but if I use my Apple TV to create a further 30 second delay or so it’s much more reliable.
jfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 22:09   #1700
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Getting closer to the incumbents.
Quote:
Netflix launches £4.99 monthly subscription – but customers will get fewer shows

The new “Basic with Adverts” subscription plan will launch on 3 November at 4pm in nine countries including the UK.

However, customers on the plan will have access to fewer films and TV series to watch compared with subscribers who pick the Premium or Extra tiers, with Netflix confirming that “around 5 to 10pc” of series will not be available on the ad-supported tier.

“A limited number of films and TV series won't be available due to licensing restrictions, which we’re working on; there’s no ability to download titles,” said a spokesman.

Meanwhile, Netflix customers on the Basic plan will also be required to watch four to five minutes of adverts every hour, each lasting for 15 to 30 seconds each.
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/othe...ea4e48a5ff9e8a
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-2022, 22:15   #1701
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Just get a Turkish VPN
Old 14-10-2022, 02:20   #1702
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Just get a Turkish VPN
And a India one for Youtube premium.
Old 14-10-2022, 10:06   #1703
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
And a India one for Youtube premium.
and Argentina for Tidal
Old 14-10-2022, 14:59   #1704
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
Just get a Turkish VPN
Or just use TeaTV, I may cancel Netflix because the quality is very top notch.
Old 15-10-2022, 02:27   #1705
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Or just use TeaTV, I may cancel Netflix because the quality is very top notch.
Yeah let's all use illegal services and not pay at all, that way there'll be no money for new movies and shows fantastic idea.
Old 15-10-2022, 08:01   #1706
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Yeah let's all use illegal services and not pay at all, that way there'll be no money for new movies and shows fantastic idea.
You can blame Netflix for that in my case and other streaming services deciding they want a piece of the streaming action.

I currently sub to Netflix and Amazon Prime but with shows getting removed and placed on a rival service that could change.
Old 15-10-2022, 13:41   #1707
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
You can blame Netflix for that in my case and other streaming services deciding they want a piece of the streaming action.

I currently sub to Netflix and Amazon Prime but with shows getting removed and placed on a rival service that could change.
Be great to have a all in one service tbh, i just get annoyed with seeing illegal services advertised on forums it's how they get shut down mate.
Old 15-10-2022, 13:54   #1708
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Be great to have a all in one service tbh, i just get annoyed with seeing illegal services advertised on forums it's how they get shut down mate.
Yes, something like Gamepass would be awesome for Streaming.
Old 17-10-2022, 15:12   #1709
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
That's just the sort of service that the DTC streamers are trying to avoid. Cut out the middleman and keep all of the profit for themselves. It's going to be interesting to see how viable it will be as the market becomes saturated with streamers competing for customers.
epsilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2022, 21:52   #1710
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Three months free Disney+ for £8 in Tesco Clubcard vouchers is now available.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote