Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Chrome browser - Windows Home key (on keyboard) not taking to top of page

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > General IT Discussion

Chrome browser - Windows Home key (on keyboard) not taking to top of page

Old 11-03-2018, 09:49   #1
techguyone
Deus Vult

Services: VM M350 with Superhub4 (modem mode) > Anytime Chatter > No TV
techguyone has reached the bronze age
techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age
Send a message via Yahoo to techguyone
Chrome browser - Windows Home key (on keyboard) not taking to top of page

Home key (on keyboard) not taking to top of page (PC)

I don't know if it's me, but whilst the End key takes me to bottom, the Home key doesn't do anything. I've checked the key itself isn't broken, it's not, so has Google broken the chrome browser and this key?

Maybe it's a chrome add on.

I'm using some ad blockers, all new tab start page, auto HD for youtube, chrome remote desktop, google play music, google mail checker plus classic, google search view image button, last tab standing, session manager, smoothscroll, twitter, watcher for yahoo mail

I must admit that it's been like this for a long time, it's just annoyed me enough now to see if I can resolve it.

Has anyone else had a similar problem?
techguyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2018, 11:22   #2
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice
Re: Chrome browser - Windows Home key (on keyboard) not taking to top of page

I'm currently on a laptop and just fired up Chrome (usually use Firefox) and the Home key is working as it should for me.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 13:14   #3
techguyone
Deus Vult

techguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze agetechguyone has reached the bronze age

How strange, Ctrl + home works, but not Home on its own.
Old 11-03-2018, 13:29   #4
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Have a look at https://productforums.google.com/for...A/5jEoILX5AAAJ it does sound as if it might be an add-on problem.
Bofrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 14:20   #5
techguyone
Deus Vult

Good call, I'll check my extensions
Old 11-03-2018, 14:23   #6
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Does your page up and down key work as well.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 14:31   #7
techguyone
Deus Vult

Yes pg up & dn are fine.

Found the issue : Smoothscroll extension.
Old 11-03-2018, 14:58   #8
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Services: XL Phone, XXXL Gig1 BB SH4 (wired).
alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

Smooth scroll can cause all sorts of issues, i remember it used to cause major issues in firefox when attempting to scroll down the page so i never use it anymore.
alanbjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 15:03   #9
techguyone
Deus Vult

Yes its something I had on from ages ago, its not like its still not smooth now in any case
Old 11-03-2018, 15:17   #10
alanbjames
R.I.P.

alanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these partsalanbjames is just so famous around these parts

If i recall its something to do with Logitech.
Old 11-03-2018, 15:49   #11
techguyone
Deus Vult

Could be, I have logitech keyboard & mouse
Old 11-03-2018, 20:40   #12
alanbjames
R.I.P.

Yep that's it!
Old 12-03-2018, 06:16   #13
Dude111
An Awesome Dude

Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Dude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appealDude111 has a bronzed appeal
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanbjames
Smooth scroll can cause all sorts of issues, i remember it used to cause major issues in firefox when attempting to scroll down the page so i never use it anymore.
Thats interesting..... I have AUTO SCROLL on MyIE2 but I dont use it but seeing this thread I tried it and 1/2 way down the page I pressed HOME and it went back to the top........ I dunno why techguyone wasnt able to use HOME with the scrolling feature on....

Techguyone: Does Chrome let you use the mouse to control the scrolling speed? (I noticed in my memu that MyIE2 will let me use the mouse instead of a set speed for scroll)

EDIT:

When I checked "Use mouse to control speed" nothing happend (It stopped scrolling)

Ah well........I usually have it disabled anyway

Last edited by Dude111; 12-03-2018 at 06:24.
Dude111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:35   #14
techguyone
Deus Vult

It wasn't related to the mouse or mouse software, it was a chrome extension.

Outside of chrome it worked as expected.