Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 12:15   #946
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

'Problems included being cut off during crucial football matches, being given a ridiculously short window in which to view box sets etc.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
And the Sky rep's answer suggested to me that there is no way that is going to change.
Which is why my decision not to get the Now TV box is not going to change either. (Apologies for the double negative!)
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2014, 12:20   #947
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
And the rationale she gave for the short time period was laughable.

She should have been put on the spot and asked why the viewing period couldn't be extended.
Agreed. the Now TV lady held her ground and it worked well for her.
Old 05-11-2014, 13:28   #948
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
'Problems included being cut off during crucial football matches, being given a ridiculously short window in which to view box sets etc.'

Which is why my decision not to get the Now TV box is not going to change either. (Apologies for the double negative!)
Sadly, Now TV is the only option for getting HBO shows for non Sky TV subscribers. who don't want to purchase episodes or box sets.

Fortunately for me, I was able to catch up on all the back seasons I wanted to via HBO Nordic. As of this month, I can no longer access HBO Nordic due to their Nordic only Credit card rule. But given that I'm up to date on back seasons, I'll just have to make the limited time viewing window of Now TV work for future seasons. There is no other option.
Old 05-11-2014, 14:15   #949
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Sadly, Now TV is the only option for getting HBO shows for non Sky TV subscribers. who don't want to purchase episodes or box sets.

Fortunately for me, I was able to catch up on all the back seasons I wanted to via HBO Nordic. As of this month, I can no longer access HBO Nordic due to their Nordic only Credit card rule. But given that I'm up to date on back seasons, I'll just have to make the limited time viewing window of Now TV work for future seasons. There is no other option.
You could use Amazon Lovefilm by post, but I appreciate that this way takes quite a while for the DVD's to go back and forth and may well take to long for people to catch up on before the start of a new series and at £5.99 a month, it may be too pricey as well.
Old 05-11-2014, 14:34   #950
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
You could use Amazon Lovefilm by post, but I appreciate that this way takes quite a while for the DVD's to go back and forth and may well take to long for people to catch up on before the start of a new series and at £5.99 a month, it may be too pricey as well.
Now tv is now £6.99p/m O.o
Old 05-11-2014, 14:57   #951
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
I used to use Lovefilm several years ago, but almost exclusively for films. I thought that their postal turnaround was very good.

The problem with TV DVD box sets is that they are not released for several months after they are broadcast.

I will most likely dip in and out of a Now TV subscription; just subscribing for the period of a new TV show or season that I want to watch is on.
Old 05-11-2014, 17:48   #952
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I used to use Lovefilm several years ago, but almost exclusively for films. I thought that their postal turnaround was very good.

The problem with TV DVD box sets is that they are not released for several months after they are broadcast.

I will most likely dip in and out of a Now TV subscription; just subscribing for the period of a new TV show or season that I want to watch is on.
Sorry MM, I meant the turnaround can seem lengthy when you are left on a bit of cliff hanger and you have to wait two days for the next disc/episode. On a good week, I can squeeze three films a week in, so I have no complaints there.
Old 06-11-2014, 15:45   #953
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Showtime is following HBO and CBS by launching a service that means you will not need a tv provider subscription. http://mashable.com/2014/11/05/showt...54M3I0ZnV4NyJ9
Old 06-11-2014, 17:41   #954
blue666666
Inactive

Services: XL tv bb 200 mb tivo 500gb box
blue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to allblue666666 is a name known to all

link http://www.sescoops.com/wwe-network-...le-channel-uk/
Earlier this week, the UK launch of the WWE Network was delayed at the 11th hour, with a lot of speculation that WWE’s ongoing negotiations with Sky TV being the culprit. WWE Chairman Vince McMahon offered a personal apology (read here) to UK fans, assuring them WWE is working around the clock to resolve the matter.

An SEScoops.com reader contacted Sky Sports customer service and was informed that WWE Network will be launching as a cable channel on Sky Sports (not an over the top digital network), similar to channel’s availability in Canada via Rogers Communications. The Sky Sports customer service rep stated:

“Yes, we will launch it as a channel with Sky TV. Currently we don’t have any details but it will be going to be soon… And you will will be notified by adv, email or call.”

When asked directly if the WWE Network will be a cable channel and not available online as it is in the United States, the Sky Sports rep said, “Yes, that is correct.”

WWE has yet to comment on the situation.

---------- Post added at 17:41 ---------- Previous post was at 17:40 ----------

no online would mean harder to get the PPV
Old 06-11-2014, 18:42   #955
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Typical sky screwjob to save their ppv gravy train. Can't wait to pay 16 odd quid to stay up till 4am on a work night

Horrible company
Old 07-11-2014, 11:36   #956
theone2k10
Inactive

Basically confirmed now SKY did indeed stick their beaks in regarding WWE Network. http://kocosports.net/2014/11/07/wre...ky-tv-channel/
Old 07-11-2014, 11:52   #957
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Basically confirmed now SKY did indeed stick their beaks in regarding WWE Network. http://kocosports.net/2014/11/07/wre...ky-tv-channel/
Couldn't help themselves could they. I'm guessing it won't show pay per views? I'm guessing it'll cost extra and not be in sky sports package which is another comedy example of how bad sky is.

"You want to watch wwe? Yeah it's in the premium sky sports bundle not the normal tv package so an extra 25 quid a month"
"How about the wwe network if wwe tv is on sky sports will the network be a sky sports channel"
"No it'll be a standalone channel on sky tv for extra since you did want to pay that extra 6 quid anyway"
"Pay per views for free?"
"it'll be on sky box office for 16 quid. In HD!"
Old 07-11-2014, 11:56   #958
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

The original chat with Sky Customer Services is here: http://i.imgur.com/JHpHwJo.png

It also says "we have not launched the channel the WWE network channel is [a] third party channel which you'll need to contact the WWE network to get this channel"

People may be jumping the gun a bit on this.
Old 07-11-2014, 12:39   #959
theone2k10
Inactive

deleted - misread andrews post
Old 07-11-2014, 13:03   #960
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The original chat with Sky Customer Services is here: http://i.imgur.com/JHpHwJo.png

It also says "we have not launched the channel the WWE network channel is [a] third party channel which you'll need to contact the WWE network to get this channel"

People may be jumping the gun a bit on this.
so that means it wont be coming to virgin media. so sky and wwe have done a cosy deal to rip people off, provide a channel to a smaller % of people and provide less content.

wow mcmahon really you know how to p*ss people off
Closed Thread