Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sound out of sync.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Sound out of sync.

Old 04-01-2021, 09:42   #1
aleconner
cf.member

aleconner is an unknown quantity at this point
Sound out of sync.

Hi,

First, I'm new to forums, so apologies if I'm not doing this right. Second, I'm a 77 year-old, non-techy so if there is a solution, could you please keep it simple!

I have a TV360 box and have just bought a Samsung Smart TV and, as recommended, a Samsung sound bar. My problem is that the sound is out of sync with the picture. There is an adjustment on the sound bar but this is set at 00 which is supposed to be "no delay". I have tried connecting via optical cable, HDMI and Bluetooth, all with the same result. There is no problem if I watch "terrestial" TV or play something from a USB stick direct into the TV.

I hope someone can help.
aleconner is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 04-01-2021, 10:19   #2
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sound out of sync.

If you change the delay on the soundbar, does it make the problem better or worse? There is also a delay available in the TV360 settings, but at the moment a fault keeps resetting it to zero, so it would be better to use the soundbar delay instead if possible.

ps. Welcome to the forum!
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 11:46   #3
aleconner
cf.member

Thanks for your reply. The scale runs from 00 to 300 milliseconds in units of 25. The more I increase it, the worse it gets. Having said that, the more I concentrate on watching and listening to determine the delay, the more I wonder if my eyes and ears are deceiving me!
Old 04-01-2021, 12:52   #4
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Ok, if increasing the audio delay makes it worse, the audio is behind the picture. That's actually quite unusual. It might be possible to change the TV settings to delay the picture so that it matches the audio. What model TV do you have?
Old 04-01-2021, 13:08   #5
aleconner
cf.member

Going back to your first reply - you mentioned a delay available in the 360 box settings. I didn't know this existed. I found it, zeroised it (it was set at 100) and all is now well.

Many thanks for pointing me in the right direction!
Old 04-01-2021, 13:53   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

That's weird. I'd heard of it resetting to 0, but not 100. Glad it's fixed.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:55   #7
aleconner
cf.member

Back to square 1! I checked again and realised that with all the playing around with the remotes and swapping cables, I inadvertently ended up with the sound output coming from the TV speakers which does not result in the sound being out of sync.
Old 05-01-2021, 10:14   #8
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

OK, so what TV do you have?
Old 05-01-2021, 12:05   #9
aleconner
cf.member

My TV is Samsung UE43TU7100KXXU and the soundbar is Samsung HW-T550/XU
Old 05-01-2021, 19:56   #10
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

try going to audio and visual and disabling dolby digital and see if that helps
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 12:01   #11
aleconner
cf.member

Thumbs up Re: Sound out of sync.

I've been going cross-eyed and cross-eared over that last few days trying to decide whether the sound is in or out of sync but I really think your suggestion has worked!

Many thanks indeed.
Old 07-01-2021, 20:20   #12
awesometeeth
cf.addict

Services: vip
awesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enoughawesometeeth will become famous soon enough

glad its working now
awesometeeth is offline   Reply With Quote