Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2021)
Closed Thread

Old 15-01-2021, 19:29   #106
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2021)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
This is where Old Boy's example is poorly thought out. Virgin aren't selling you a glorified smart stick in box form. They're selling you a TV package.

If they just dump all the content into one search box and every option says "sorry, please subscribe to Amazon", Netflix, Disney, Apple, Starzplay, Eleven Sports (RIP) suddenly people ask themselves what they are paying Virgin Media for!

Incidentally my Netflix monthly cost is now greater than what I pay over and above 200MB standalone broadband for Maxit TV.
What on earth are you paying netflix sorry just noticed bb cost

Last edited by Itshim; 15-01-2021 at 19:34.
Advertisement
Old 18-01-2021, 18:00   #107
Phunkenstein
cf.addict

Phunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the roughPhunkenstein is a jewel in the rough

The rebrand of the Star India channels has been confirmed -

https://twitter.com/startvuk/status/...111854081?s=21

From 22 Jan 2021, the channels #StarPlus #StarBharat & #StarGold will be rebranded to #UtsavPlus #UtsavBharat & #UtsavGold in UK/Europe
Old 18-01-2021, 18:56   #108
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phunkenstein View Post
The rebrand of the Star India channels has been confirmed -

https://twitter.com/startvuk/status/...111854081?s=21

From 22 Jan 2021, the channels #StarPlus #StarBharat & #StarGold will be rebranded to #UtsavPlus #UtsavBharat & #UtsavGold in UK/Europe
Presumably so that people don't get confused with the Disney+ hub?
Old 18-01-2021, 19:28   #109
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Presumably so that people don't get confused with the Disney+ hub?
Yes that's correct.
Old 19-01-2021, 09:54   #110
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Happy New Year everyone...sorry it's a bit late

Top of my list would be the Sky UHD content - be good to finally see some Sky Sports, movies and box sets in UHD.
Old 19-01-2021, 15:05   #111
Topgun
1 of a 1000!

Services: Ultimate Oomph.
Topgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to allTopgun is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post

Top of my list would be the Sky UHD content - be good to finally see some Sky Sports, movies and box sets in UHD.
I soooo agree. It should have happened last year, let's hope they get on with it ASAP...
Old 19-01-2021, 15:11   #112
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgun View Post
I soooo agree. It should have happened last year, let's hope they get on with it ASAP...
best we don't hold our breath
Old 19-01-2021, 16:16   #113
RV95
cf.member

RV95 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I myself, as I am sure many others, have been waiting for this to be announced and I'm putting all my chips in and say they will finally announce the launch in February.
But I am not expecting any HDR content, as this has only been turned on for Sky customers in the past couple of months so do not expect VM to have it so soon.
Old 19-01-2021, 17:01   #114
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV95 View Post
I myself, as I am sure many others, have been waiting for this to be announced and I'm putting all my chips in and say they will finally announce the launch in February.
But I am not expecting any HDR content, as this has only been turned on for Sky customers in the past couple of months so do not expect VM to have it so soon.
I hope you are right mate. End of Feb isn't too far away.
Old 19-01-2021, 20:05   #115
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
I hope you are right mate. End of Feb isn't too far away.
He only states the will announce when it starts in Feb - doesn't mean it will start in Feb or even if it is Feb 2021.
Old 20-01-2021, 03:00   #116
Derekb108
Wont Give into $ky!

Services: Virgin Media TV XL, 300mb Broadband.
Derekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enoughDerekb108 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Discovery+ would be a nice addition to Virgin Media, as would the Disney+ and UKTV Play apps.
Why has Sky got the exclusivity rights to Discovery+, when Liberty Global has the overall share of Discovery Inc? That surely isn't fair?
Old 20-01-2021, 09:03   #117
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Why has Sky got the exclusivity rights to Discovery+, when Liberty Global has the overall share of Discovery Inc? That surely isn't fair?
It's probably because sky were willing to pay a premium to have Discovery+ as an exclusive and Virgin Media couldn't or wouldn't pay the amount that sky were willing to pay.

It doesn't matter that Liberty Global owns overall share of Discovery Networks. Each business within a group runs as its own entity.

Just like Samsung's phone business has to compete with other phone manufacturers to buy memory from Samsungs Semiconductor Memory Business. They're separate companies even though they're are owned by the same group.
Old 20-01-2021, 13:31   #118
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekb108 View Post
Maybe VM should learn to stop penny pinching and actually bid decent ammounts?
Just because LG have major shares in something it doesn't mean VM will automatically get it, money talks.
You could flip it and say "why won't VM allow anyone else to use their fibre network?"
Old 20-01-2021, 14:35   #119
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
He only states the will announce when it starts in Feb - doesn't mean it will start in Feb or even if it is Feb 2021.
I didn't assume anything other than that, but an announcement is better than nothing.
Old 20-01-2021, 15:11   #120
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RV95 View Post
Any reason why you think that it's possible that an announcement will be made in February?