Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | V360 engineer arriving soon

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

V360 engineer arriving soon

Old 15-01-2021, 02:25   #16
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light
Re: V360 engineer arriving soon

The coax cable needs to be connected to work at all.
Hard wiring Ethernet is better than wireless if you can do it
It helps streaming from other boxes and ultimately connecting to on demand and other services rather than by (possible) patchy WiFi
ScottishSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 15-01-2021, 02:42   #17
Badmana
cf.member

Badmana is an unknown quantity at this point

thanks ill do it
Badmana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2021, 02:50   #18
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

ScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of lightScottishSteve is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badmana View Post
thanks ill do it
I personally have a powerline adapter and it works fine, some systems work fine on WiFi though if you can then direct connection is best.
Old 15-01-2021, 14:48   #19
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

My modem is way too far from my main TV, but the WiFi works just fine.
Mad Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-01-2021, 10:19   #20
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Thank you, id much rather keep my existing boxes and edit for the OTA upgrade, I phoned VM earlier this morning to cancel the install , 3 times over 3 hours. Got bored of being on hold plus they chewed up my available minutes on my phone so I hung up, just going to turn the engineer away when he arrives. Shame really.
Thanks for your advice.
Then they might charge you for a wasted engineer visit. They charged me £10 because I couldn't get to the door quick enough. I eventually got it refunded, if they try this with you I'd mention that you were kept on hold for hours trying to contact them.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 10:17   #21
crazyronnie
cf.addict

Services: Virgin 360 1TB x2, Maxit TV, M Phone, Hub 5 @ 350/36Mb
crazyronnie is on a distinguished roadcrazyronnie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
tried online before i jumped on the phone - website says i need to call if i want to cancel...also, one other thing...has anyone connected their second V6 box with ethernet, is it worth it ? what exactly is running wirelessly if I've got I'm currently using coaxial for my second box in bedroom? Is it just if i watch a programme recorded on the downstairs box via the bedroom box upstairs?

Only asking because I'm going to be lifting a few floorboards up net week so wondewred if its worth it purchasing/installing a network cable
I have two V6 boxes connected via ethernet. It allows me to play a recorded shows from another box. Also in the extremely rare occasion where one box has all tuners recording something it will say would you like to use the other box to record the show instead. So really i have 2TB to record shows rather than 1TB even though the 2TB is split over two boxes. I really like the way it runs and wouldn't have V360
Old 20-01-2021, 12:41   #22
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyronnie View Post
I have two V6 boxes connected via ethernet. It allows me to play a recorded shows from another box. Also in the extremely rare occasion where one box has all tuners recording something it will say would you like to use the other box to record the show instead. So really i have 2TB to record shows rather than 1TB even though the 2TB is split over two boxes. I really like the way it runs and wouldn't have V360

If, as some seem to have, you can upgrade your current V6 boxes to 360 software thus retaining the 2Tb recording space this would resolve a major problem which for many is a show-stopper.
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 13:34   #23
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
It is by email invite only at the moment to those who are on Ultimate Oomph
I got the invite email back in November, and I am only on the Bigger Bundle (Full House) with Maxit TV, 100Mb Broadband and Talk Weekends.

Last edited by fox35; 20-01-2021 at 14:02.
fox35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2021, 13:35   #24
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
I got the invite email back in November, and I am only on the Bigger Bundle (Full House) with Maxit TV, 100mg Broadband and Talk Weekends.
Me too (except for 350Mb)
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 01:25   #25
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wouldn't do it if I were you, but you said earlier that you had already signed up for TV360? Did you receive an email invite?
is the 360 new software really bad? I was hoping for the new software to freshen up the v6 but i'm guessing its not a good change which will be introduced this year by feedback?
vincerooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-2021, 09:43   #26
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
is the 360 new software really bad? I was hoping for the new software to freshen up the v6 but i'm guessing its not a good change which will be introduced this year by feedback?
No, it's not bad, but there are some tweaks that still need to be done. The tweaks I would like to see are that the box recognises that you have already watched something and doesn't re-record it when repeated and I would like the system to be capable of bookmarking so that you can get all your Netflix and Prime programmes under 'My Shows' in the recordings.

On the plus side, it's a much better, modern UI and it has some good features such as the ability to cope with personal profiles, so if there's more than one person you're living with, each can have their selected programmes listed.

It depends really on what you want from the system. If Virgin fix the two issues I've highlighted and when they have added the players that are currently missing, I'll jump at it.
Old 25-01-2021, 10:28   #27
ScottishSteve
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I think it is great and a lot fresher.

I do miss a few features including those that OB mentioned

Keep recording
Number of episodes
1 button delete (clear)
Series link
Wish list
Radio schedules (it’s all in an app now)

But overall it is a lot fresher the HD channels are swapped out to the higher positions and SD removed completely meaning the EPG isn’t as cluttered with duplicates.

It works great over 2 hard drive boxes and all recordings are in one list no matter where they are saved.

I don’t bother with profiles as the recordings show up no matter what profile.

But overall it is a brand new experience the voice control I thought would be more of a gimmick, it’s really good.
Old 25-01-2021, 12:46   #28
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishSteve View Post
I think it is great and a lot fresher.

I do miss a few features including those that OB mentioned

Keep recording
Number of episodes
1 button delete (clear)
Series link
Wish list
Radio schedules (it’s all in an app now)

But overall it is a lot fresher the HD channels are swapped out to the higher positions and SD removed completely meaning the EPG isn’t as cluttered with duplicates.

It works great over 2 hard drive boxes and all recordings are in one list no matter where they are saved.

I don’t bother with profiles as the recordings show up no matter what profile.

But overall it is a brand new experience the voice control I thought would be more of a gimmick, it’s really good.
Hey, Steve, I didn’t realise that. I assumed only your selected recordings showed up on your profile. What is the point of having a profile if the recording list is the same, with or without it, or did I misunderstand you?
Old 28-01-2021, 00:42   #29
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Hey, Steve, I didn’t realise that. I assumed only your selected recordings showed up on your profile. What is the point of having a profile if the recording list is the same, with or without it, or did I misunderstand you?
Recordings show up across all profiles but the pauses points are kept per profile. If two people watch a recorded show in their own profile and pause at different points then the individual pause point is remembered per profile. You can pick up watching on another box/device (TVGo) from the individual pause point.
paul0363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2021, 09:15   #30
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Thanks, Paul. That's a shame actually, I thought I would be able to separate out all my wife's recordings.