Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Returning Equipment

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Returning Equipment

Old 21-10-2020, 17:57   #1
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era
Returning Equipment

I have cancelled my account which happens next week.

I am aware I will be required to return equipment to Virgin, but have the following questions.

1 will returning cost me anything?
2 how do they notify me of return details?
3 I assume they want the V6 boxes and router returned - what about the remotes?
4 how long do I have to return the equipment?

Thanks
Raider999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-10-2020, 17:59   #2
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: Returning Equipment

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/vir...ipment/returns
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2020, 22:43   #3
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Thanks for the link Hugh
Old 08-11-2020, 13:44   #4
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Well, the packaging arrived Thursday.

Not exactly delivered, but thrown on the front garden - very professional, not
Old 08-11-2020, 19:45   #5
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
Well, the packaging arrived Thursday.

Not exactly delivered, but thrown on the front garden - very professional, not
Maybe it arrived by drone!
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 13:17   #6
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

They want my faulty box back, so they'll have to come and pick it up. It says that they will do this for 'accessible customers', what a bizzare term to use.

What about those that aren't disabled but are self isolating? What if the customer actually has covid, are they happy to have the virus & box returned together?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 14:02   #7
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
They want my faulty box back, so they'll have to come and pick it up. It says that they will do this for 'accessible customers', what a bizzare term to use.

What about those that aren't disabled but are self isolating? What if the customer actually has covid, are they happy to have the virus & box returned together?
They probably hope the customer would be considerate and sensible enough to contact them in this circumstance...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 15:22   #8
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They probably hope the customer would be considerate and sensible enough to contact them in this circumstance...
https://www.virginmedia.com/help/coronavirus-update

Quote:
Can I return my equipment?
Normally, we ask you to return your kit. That’s because while you're with us, you rent your kit, rather than own it. But as the government advice is to stay home, we don’t want to ask customers to venture outside to post kit back to us. We’ll drop you a line at a later date to organise the return through CollectPlus, or one of our key workers will safely collect it from your doorstep so we can help to keep other people connected. For now, please keep your kit somewhere safe.
Old 03-12-2020, 16:32   #9
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Even in non-COVID times, they'll take appropriate precautions. You should see the state of some of the returned kit
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 20:15   #10
Raider999
cf.mega poster

When you have returned your kit, I would expect some sort of acknowledgement that they have received it - done a month ago, so far nothing!
Old 03-12-2020, 20:52   #11
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

I got a text from a guy who was working for Virgin Media CPE. He said he was trying to arrange a collection of VM equipment, and that he was working in my area and could pick it up. He collected it later that day and I got an email from VM to confirm the collection soon after.

Jimmy-J is offline   Reply With Quote