Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 20-06-2018, 10:25   #1081
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Personally can't see the point , after reading many in the US say they can't stomach watching things using it.
I rely on subtitles anyway, so having the increased playback speed isn't a problem.
Advertisement
Old 20-06-2018, 12:46   #1082
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
It’s not free correct but say your on vip pack where you get sky cinema and in HD as part then why should be have to fork out £9.99 extra on top for netflix, I’d rather pay £9.99 for a UHD sky cinema sports add on
Life is full of choices, D, but I'm afraid until Sky, with their exclusive rights to content, allow their UHD stuff to be shown on other platforms, cable viewers have to put up with it.

You could always move to Sky if you can't wait. If you don't, I should imagine you will have to wait for one or two years before this gets to cable, as we did for HD.

Hopefully, Virgin will ensure that all new content they acquire rights to (eg the Virgin Exclusives) and the films on Virgin Movies will be in UHD, and that some new UHD channels/apps become available later in the year.
Old 20-06-2018, 15:03   #1083
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Viacom has confirmed that MTV OMG will be temporarily rebrand as MTV Pride from July 2nd to July 9th.

MTV OMG is on Virgin UK Channel 318 and Virgin Ireland Channel 709.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 20-06-2018, 16:46   #1084
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Life is full of choices, D, but I'm afraid until Sky, with their exclusive rights to content, allow their UHD stuff to be shown on other platforms, cable viewers have to put up with it.

You could always move to Sky if you can't wait. If you don't, I should imagine you will have to wait for one or two years before this gets to cable, as we did for HD.

Hopefully, Virgin will ensure that all new content they acquire rights to (eg the Virgin Exclusives) and the films on Virgin Movies will be in UHD, and that some new UHD channels/apps become available later in the year.
More people want premier league in UHD than films - Virgin should be negotiating with sky to make this available before the new season starts, not waiting for existing deals to expire.
Old 20-06-2018, 16:49   #1085
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
More people want premier league in UHD than films - Virgin should be negotiating with sky to make this available before the new season starts, not waiting for existing deals to expire.
Well, they could be doing just that, for all we know. And whether Sky will let them have it remains to be seen.

I certainly do think we will get BT Sport UHD either this year or next.
Old 20-06-2018, 17:09   #1086
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

As far as I know the Sky deal is up in May 2019.

BT Sport deal is up in 2019 when the EPL deal is up.

---------- Post added at 17:09 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
Apologies if this has been posted before but I've just noticed that HD versions of the vast majority of Sky Cinema On Demand movies are now available on my V6 boxes. We used to have these a few years ago but in recent times the only HD On Demand movies were the newest to Sky Cinema. Now they're back.
There are a few still missing (for example, I only see SD versions of Amistad and An Affair To Remember) but everything else seems to be in both an SD and HD version.
Media Boy HQ do not have Sky Cinema but we have found that "101 Daimatians (1996)" is being listed on TiVo boxes on Sky Cinema Disney on Demand in both SD and HD.
Old 21-06-2018, 18:56   #1087
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Raider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation eraRaider999 has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Well, they could be doing just that, for all we know. And whether Sky will let them have it remains to be seen.

I certainly do think we will get BT Sport UHD either this year or next.

From the following post, I would not expect Virgin to get it before 2019-29 season when all contracts are re-negotiated.
Old 21-06-2018, 21:54   #1088
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider999 View Post
From the following post, I would not expect Virgin to get it before 2019-29 season when all contracts are re-negotiated.
Well hope this is not true because another minimum 15 months without quality uhd material scary

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

There was a advert for practise 1 of the French Grand Prix Friday 10.30am sky sports F1 available in UHD and a voiceover says “ To get the beautiful French Grand Prix and much more go to virgin media.com/sky sports” does that mean we getting it in UHD or typically no no on virgin media till at least 2019/2020
Old 22-06-2018, 10:24   #1089
oxfordmark
cf.addict

Services: Virgin Media M+:TV,VM 30mb:BB 1tb and 500gb Tivo, HTC One X
oxfordmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well hope this is not true because another minimum 15 months without quality uhd material scary

---------- Post added at 21:54 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

There was a advert for practise 1 of the French Grand Prix Friday 10.30am sky sports F1 available in UHD and a voiceover says “ To get the beautiful French Grand Prix and much more go to virgin media.com/sky sports” does that mean we getting it in UHD or typically no no on virgin media till at least 2019/2020
I saw that!

VM get its own version of Sky Sports adverts and it deffo said available in UHD!
Old 22-06-2018, 10:36   #1090
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxfordmark View Post
I saw that!

VM get its own version of Sky Sports adverts and it deffo said available in UHD!
Thanks so now the question is was it a mistake and wind up or is it genuine
Old 22-06-2018, 16:18   #1091
Raider999
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Thanks so now the question is was it a mistake and wind up or is it genuine

Did it specify the year?

If not, Could be an advert for 10 years time😭
Old 24-06-2018, 10:42   #1092
Joedm45
cf.geek

Joedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of QuadsJoedm45 has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
What do you mean, it wasn't for you? You hardly notice the difference!

Unless you only watch live TV, of course, which is a right old time waster compared with the alternatives we now have.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
I must admit, the feature has been on my V6 for months, just didn't get on with it but I may re-visit it just to see if it has changed since then.

My main query was the time difference, some DVD players have had this feature for years but 1.2 speed rings a bell for that. VM are claiming 1.33 speed, surely on a fast moving picture it must look horrible.

I know time is a premium for most these days but I'm more than happy watching a recording at normal speed.
Well, I've given this another go and my opinion hasn't changed, it's not for me.

To check a fast moving picture I watched a World Cup Match of the Day highlights show. The screen judder was noticeable and it was too obvious the commentary was quicker than normal, quite annoying and definitely not one to use for football.

I then checked a TV show which happened to be an episode of Legion on Fox. It was ok at times but again, any fast moving scenes there was judder and it was clear the speech was too fast.

The biggest downside for me is the loss of 5.1, don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place, something has got to give when you speed things up. A definite deal breaker for me. My amp is connected via optical cable so couldn't test through HDMI (without swapping cables around behind the TV anyway)

Your comment of hardly notice the difference seems far fetched to me but I respect your opinion.

Of course we all have different set ups and TVs, perhaps my TV is too old and not of a high enough spec. I'm not one to spend 4 figure sums on a TV and replace it when the next big thing comes around but neither do I go for cheap TV's. My philosophy is mid range price, good brand and replace when it dies.

On the plus side, I'm glad VM added this option. Option being the key word. If it works for you then great, if it doesn't then it is never used but at least the option is there.
Old 24-06-2018, 17:20   #1093
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joedm45 View Post
Well, I've given this another go and my opinion hasn't changed, it's not for me.

To check a fast moving picture I watched a World Cup Match of the Day highlights show. The screen judder was noticeable and it was too obvious the commentary was quicker than normal, quite annoying and definitely not one to use for football.

I then checked a TV show which happened to be an episode of Legion on Fox. It was ok at times but again, any fast moving scenes there was judder and it was clear the speech was too fast.

The biggest downside for me is the loss of 5.1, don't know why I didn't think of this in the first place, something has got to give when you speed things up. A definite deal breaker for me. My amp is connected via optical cable so couldn't test through HDMI (without swapping cables around behind the TV anyway)

Your comment of hardly notice the difference seems far fetched to me but I respect your opinion.

Of course we all have different set ups and TVs, perhaps my TV is too old and not of a high enough spec. I'm not one to spend 4 figure sums on a TV and replace it when the next big thing comes around but neither do I go for cheap TV's. My philosophy is mid range price, good brand and replace when it dies.

On the plus side, I'm glad VM added this option. Option being the key word. If it works for you then great, if it doesn't then it is never used but at least the option is there.
There is no juddering for me, so maybe it's your set-up/equipment. I would not use it if this happened.
Old 24-06-2018, 17:24   #1094
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

None here either - Judder is usually caused by incorrect tv settings (like Motion Control or IFC)
Quote:
There is no juddering for me, so maybe it's your set-up/equipment. I would not use it if this happened.
Old 25-06-2018, 17:12   #1095
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

If you do not know STV2 will close at midnight on Saturday.

https://www.a516digital.com/2018/06/...n-on-stv2.html

ITV Scotland here we come...
Closed Thread