Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)
Closed Thread

Old 21-04-2018, 10:25   #706
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You won't get proof until it happens, Den; you know that.

Have you now taken on the mantle of, "Media Boy".....
Advertisement
Old 21-04-2018, 14:06   #707
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post
Have you now taken on the mantle of, "Media Boy".....
You will know when that time comes when I tell you that I've moved into a brand new HQ called OLD BOY Associates and I post on here that I've got some exciting intel but I'm not telling you what it is.
Old 21-04-2018, 15:48   #708
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
If that's the case then why are you still a subscriber?.
broadband -simple !
Has any one else been offered a " bribe" to take a V6 ?

Had phone call yesterday ( number withheld) Asking why I had not taken up the free V6. Said ,as well known here "if it an`t broke don`t fix it" And from what I have seen its no better than my Tivo ( in the way I use it which is not a lot!)
Asked if I would like to have one ,upgrading my package for 6 months at the price I pay now ( on new contract) Said no as I was looking at down grading TV yet again. WHY are they so keen to push it out . I see price increase written all over this free offer!
Old 21-04-2018, 16:06   #709
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Probably so that they can make the SD channels MPEG4 or possibly close them altogether.
Old 21-04-2018, 20:14   #710
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
broadband -simple !

Had phone call yesterday ( number withheld) Asking why I had not taken up the free V6. Said ,as well known here "if it an`t broke don`t fix it" And from what I have seen its no better than my Tivo ( in the way I use it which is not a lot!)
Asked if I would like to have one ,upgrading my package for 6 months at the price I pay now ( on new contract) Said no as I was looking at down grading TV yet again. WHY are they so keen to push it out . I see price increase written all over this free offer!
Maybe you are too focussed on price. Fair enough if that if all you can afford, but don't make the mistake of thinking that you will only get marginal benefits when getting a V6.

If you try to get into Netflix on the Tivo, it performs well when you you are in, but it takes about a minute to get in. That's not a big problem, but with the V6 you get in as soon as you press the button. That is so cool, and the experience these days that you expect.

When I tried to use the BBC i-Player on my Tivo, I experienced stuttering, buffering and being thrown out altogether. But with the V6 it is playing perfectly.

VM are aware of these issues and are keen to bring a better experience to their customers and keep complaints to the minimum.

So you why are you resisting this?
Old 21-04-2018, 23:37   #711
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
broadband -simple !

My parents have TiVo and have been offered V6. They are both over 60, don't have the Internet and aren't big on change. Do you need to have the Internet to have a V6 box? They don't need it for TiVo yet I'm sure it's a requirement for V6. Can anyone confirm?
Old 22-04-2018, 08:37   #712
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

They actually have the Internet on their old TiVo but they are possibly not paying to be able to use the Internet themselves - TiVo requires it for itself.

Don't know if the same applies to the V6.
Old 22-04-2018, 09:04   #713
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

V6 needs a separate VM broadband connection. They shouldn't have been offered a V6. (Unless VM are also offering to give them broadband for free???)
Old 22-04-2018, 09:32   #714
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

My mother got a vastly reduced Internet package as she almost no use for it - always worth asking.

You can be added as somebody able to speak to VM on your parents behalf- and explain their requirements.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
V6 needs a separate VM broadband connection. They shouldn't have been offered a V6. (Unless VM are also offering to give them broadband for free???)
Old 22-04-2018, 10:40   #715
johnasimmons
cf.mega poster

Services: 500mb, Full House (with Sky Sports & Movies, BT Sports and ViaPlay), 1 TiVo, 1 V6, iPhone 14 Pro Max
johnasimmons has reached the bronze age
johnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze agejohnasimmons has reached the bronze age

So, how much truth is there in the rumours about Amazon Prime Video, Sky Atlantic & UHD channels coming to Virgin Media soon?
Old 22-04-2018, 11:28   #716
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
So, how much truth is there in the rumours about Amazon Prime Video, Sky Atlantic & UHD channels coming to Virgin Media soon?
Diddly Squat but in the world of some posters anything is possible.
Old 22-04-2018, 15:57   #717
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Wink Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Maybe you are too focussed on price. Fair enough if that if all you can afford, but don't make the mistake of thinking that you will only get marginal benefits when getting a V6.

If you try to get into Netflix on the Tivo, it performs well when you you are in, but it takes about a minute to get in. That's not a big problem, but with the V6 you get in as soon as you press the button. That is so cool, and the experience these days that you expect.

When I tried to use the BBC i-Player on my Tivo, I experienced stuttering, buffering and being thrown out altogether. But with the V6 it is playing perfectly.

VM are aware of these issues and are keen to bring a better experience to their customers and keep complaints to the minimum.

So you why are you resisting this?
Price isn't the issue ,the mess created to set it up the way l would like is.Honestly if l could get Freeview to my TV l would go with that just having bb would be fine by me.I get Netflix via my smart TV and as you say instant.As l run 2 TVs off the one box and the scart is in the wall I do not have cables showing . Putting a splitter to run V6 would mean holes repapering . Just not worth it as l only have the second one on if l am busy in the kitchen. Have to say l can't recall the last time
I have aproblem with Virgin.

Last edited by Itshim; 22-04-2018 at 15:59. Reason: Predictive text l hate it!
Old 22-04-2018, 19:01   #718
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnasimmons View Post
No-one can be sure at the moment, John, everything on here is based on rumour, conjecture and hope, because official announcements on what is coming rarely occur these days.

However, I do think that these three events you highlight will be happening later this year (although Sky Atlantic may not be until next year).

If the thought of ITV Encore rocks your boat, we should be getting the on demand version of this in May.
Old 23-04-2018, 16:48   #719
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Base on INFO given by an old Source (NOT Old Boy) given to Media Boy HQ in 2017:

-Sky Atlantic may appear on Virgin by 3rd quarter of 2018 on the Fun Pack.
-Sky Atlantic HD will launch on Virgin in 2019.
-An UHD Channel was rumoured to be set to launch an Virgin Media by May 2018 (That channel is still to even start testing on the network).

We was given FOUR other bit of information but any has still to happen.

NOTE: I DO NOT WORK FOR VIRGIN MEDIA UK OR VIRGIN MEDIA IRELAND SO ALL THE INFORMATION ON THIS POST IS STILL SUBJECT TO CHANGE.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 23-04-2018 at 16:53.
Old 23-04-2018, 16:54   #720
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Well we shall see but l am sure at OB HQ tonight he will be doing double somersaults.