Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 30-03-2014, 21:43   #451
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
Been getting UI-113 On Netflix, is this a problem with VM or Netflix. I can watch it on Laptop just not through tivo.
Had the same problem last night. You will need to sign out of Netflix and then sign back in. It took me a few attempts for TIVO to connect to sign me out, but I got there in the end. Been working fine all day today.

Hope it helps.
Advertisement
Old 30-03-2014, 22:04   #452
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post
Had the same problem last night. You will need to sign out of Netflix and then sign back in. It took me a few attempts for TIVO to connect to sign me out, but I got there in the end. Been working fine all day today.

Hope it helps.
Same happened to me yesterday, just signed out and back in and all was sorted, also oddly enough suggestions have been fixed at same time.
Old 30-03-2014, 22:54   #453
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

I tend to use my Chromecast for Netflix these days - it seems like such a faff going through Tivo (and takes forever). It did me okay for a while, but Chromecast is the way forward now

Old 30-03-2014, 22:58   #454
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry_hitch View Post

Hope it helps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Same happened to me yesterday, just signed out and back in and all was sorted, also oddly enough suggestions have been fixed at same time.
Thanks took your advice and just kept signing out then back in, and it eventually worked.
Old 31-03-2014, 00:04   #455
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
I tend to use my Chromecast for Netflix these days - it seems like such a faff going through Tivo (and takes forever). It did me okay for a while, but Chromecast is the way forward now
I just have a long hdmi lead running from my pc to my tv that works great but thinking of getting either a WD live tv or chromecast.
Old 31-03-2014, 00:14   #456
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Been getting UI-113 On Netflix, is this a problem with VM or Netflix. I can watch it on Laptop just not through tivo.

I had this last night and struggled with it for 30 mins. I logged out then logged back in and it came back

Old 31-03-2014, 07:27   #457
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by clayts View Post
I just find it so unresponsive on TiVo, takes a good few seconds to acknowledge commands from the remote control. Is that any better on other devices?
Old 31-03-2014, 10:24   #458
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I just find it so unresponsive on TiVo, takes a good few seconds to acknowledge commands from the remote control. Is that any better on other devices?
I've used Netflix via the following devices Roku 2 XS , Roku 3 and PS4 , the Roku 3 and PS4 are excellent however the Roku 2 XS still has the old Netflix UI and can be a little sluggish and slow to load images.
Old 31-03-2014, 10:48   #459
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I think I've noticed a slow down since the new ui appeared, particularly starting shows. I now get audio a full second before any picture. The new ui is better to look at but didn't actually add anything in terms of ease of use.

For those unaware new series From Dusk till Dawn is available on Netflix UK, 3 episodes so far being added to each week.
Old 31-03-2014, 10:50   #460
Dazza124
cf.member

Services: Tivo,152mb
Dazza124 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Thanks took your advice and just kept signing out then back in, and it eventually worked.
I had the same issue. Did a reboot at the wall and straight in.
Old 31-03-2014, 23:32   #461
clayts
Inactive

Services: Tivo; XL TV; L Broadband; M Phone
clayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about themclayts has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
I have a WDTV Live and that takes ages too.

Chromecast is as quick as loading the Netflix app on your phone, waiting about five seconds, hitting the cast button and pressing play on your chosen programme (particularly quick if you are piling through a whole season like I am at present with Sons of Anarchy, as the Netflix app, on whatever platform, will line up the next episode for you).

Using Tivo is just too sluggish, and there's no guarantee once you've faffed about that you won't get a connection error.

As I say, it's a great feature on Tivo, but I've outgrown it now.

Old 07-04-2014, 14:00   #462
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Xbox co-funds first UK TV drama

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-4-real-humans

Yahoo planning to make original web TV shows to rival Netflix, Amazon

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tech/new...ix-amazon.html
Old 07-04-2014, 14:32   #463
theone2k10
Inactive

For those who may be interested in WWE Network but were a bit unsure on how it'll cope with live events, i watched Wrestlemania30 on it last night and there were no issues at all, it looks like they have ironed out the problems from it's launch.
Old 17-04-2014, 14:10   #464
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

The number of Netflix subscribers has grown to 14% of the UK’s online population - bolstered by the launch of the service on Virgin Media’s Tivo platform, according to a survey from Decipher Media.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/m...070798.article
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 17-04-2014, 15:00   #465
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
The number of Netflix subscribers has grown to 14% of the UK’s online population - bolstered by the launch of the service on Virgin Media’s Tivo platform, according to a survey from Decipher Media.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/m...070798.article

We had it for a couple of months just to see House of Cards, but imo its just a load of old stuff, not worth it unless it can get more up to date quality like House of Cards.
Closed Thread