Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs

Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Old 07-02-2018, 15:06   #541
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Worrying news for ESA claimants converting from DLA to PIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
They were fibbed to - Decision Makers at the DWP do the decision making.

The Capita people may be needed to re-assess the claimants, but at the moment the DWP is still working out what is needed.
Yes according to reports its going to take them a considerable while to review 1.6 million claims.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
It is a disgrace when genuine people with mental health and really bad health get a set back, A friend of mines daughter has a lot wrong with her and had her PIP stopped , that night she took a heart attack and is worse that ever,
One cannot blame the decision makers nash as they have to apply the rules as are set in their remit as the fault lies much higher up IMO.
Old 07-02-2018, 16:22   #542
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Yes according to reports its going to take them a considerable while to review 1.6 million claims.

---------- Post added at 14:06 ---------- Previous post was at 14:04 ----------

One cannot blame the decision makers nash as they have to apply the rules as are set in their remit as the fault lies much higher up IMO.
I know Den, But this panel of judges get paid extra for everyone the turn down ,I heard !
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 16:53   #543
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
I know Den, But this panel of judges get paid extra for everyone the turn down ,I heard !
I think that might be an internet rumour, rather than reality...

There's only one judge, and sometimes a doctor and someone else.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be.../your-hearing/
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018, 19:12   #544
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
They were fibbed to - Decision Makers at the DWP do the decision making.

The Capita people may be needed to re-assess the claimants, but at the moment the DWP is still working out what is needed.
Yeah that's why people get the decision overturned when it comes to the appeals. Because the when you get the report back on why you failed in the first place the report omits everything that was said, the evidence and happened in the assessment. Of course the DWP do the decision making....
Old 07-02-2018, 19:44   #545
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

They make a decision based upon the information presented in the assessment, as well as other supporting evidence; they do not validate the assessment.

My wife works in the same building as a couple of hundred of the DMs.
Old 07-02-2018, 21:57   #546
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Great Tory plan in action.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 07:00   #547
RizzyKing

But can the DWP honestly say they didn't see bad assessment's coming from a company that puts people through an assessor's course no previous medical knowledge or qualifications needed making those assessment's. My assessor declared me physically able because i could move nine feet from my riser chair to the kettle in the kitchen if only saying it made it so I'd have paid her. She described my periods of depression as bouts of being unhappy and pain levels as perfectly managed by medications none of which reflected the answers i gave her or the fact i was sweating like a tap with snow on the streets it was anything but a warm day and couldn't move my right arm because of pain.

I am fortunate that i had a fantastic GP and three consultants who all made it clear that I wasn't fit for work and were prepared to state that in a tribunal if necessary but the assessment was a total joke and not everyone has the fortune of having a condition that cannot be faked or a medical team that cares. The system is broken it's not working and it's time it was handed over to the NHS yes they won't make assessments to fit a quota system from the DWP but then the appeals process would be hugely reduced saving a considerable amount of money there.
Old 08-02-2018, 07:09   #548
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

IMO assessment's should be brought back in house because the current system as it stands is utterly unfit for purpose.
Old 08-02-2018, 16:18   #549
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
IMO assessment's should be brought back in house because the current system as it stands is utterly unfit for purpose.
There is a lot of agreement for that proposal, only problem is that it would lead to more Civil Servants, which people also seem not to want..,
Old 08-02-2018, 16:37   #550
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
There is a lot of agreement for that proposal, only problem is that it would lead to more Civil Servants, which people also seem not to want..,
The trouble is in this country is you are damned if you do and you are damned if you don't a lot of the time.
Old 08-02-2018, 16:38   #551
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Who are these 'people' you are referring to?
Old 08-02-2018, 16:44   #552
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
The public are a bit fickle. They want less civil servants, but the private sector, whose motive is profit not public service have to fill the gap. They'll only be interested in targets and getting the next contract, not fairness. After years of cutting civil servants there is now mass panic recruitment after the Brexit vote, so this must be what the public wanted after all !
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 17:12   #553
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

The NHS and Pensions are being hit in the pocket because there are now more people alive, and they're living longer.

The same in a way applies to the disabled, the more there are the less they get from the pot.

The NHS are trying many 'schemes' to reduce outlay - as in the constant attempts to deny the obese, smokers, drinkers etc the same service as 'normal' people get. Is it really any wonder that the Disability powers are doing the same?

In both cases, there needs to be a lot more money going INTO the pot to ensure everyone has a fair share - otherwise we will all soon end up with nothing.
Carth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 07:22   #554
denphone
Still alive and fighting

DWP spent £100m on disability benefit appeals, figures reveal.

Quote:
The costs were described as “staggering” and a former Conservative minister said “something is seriously wrong with the system”.
Quote:
Since October 2015, 87,500 PIP claimants had their decision changed at mandatory reconsideration, while 91,587 others won their appeals at tribunal.
Quote:
Ros Altmann, a Conservative peer and former DWP minister, said the money could be spent on benefits for those who need them, rather than the costs of fighting claims.

“Disability benefits need an overhaul and, of course, we must not let people make bogus claims, but the extent of the appeals we are seeing clearly indicates that something is seriously wrong with the system,” she said.
Quote:
“A vast majority of people are happy with their assessments, and only a very small proportion of all ESA and PIP decisions are overturned at appeal — just 4% for PIP and 5% for ESA.
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/...#ixzz56s8wfE9r
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nsions-figures
Old 12-02-2018, 11:12   #555
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Whilst making the lives of the sick and disabled a misery (an extraordinary amount of deaths have occurred too) through these reforms/cuts, it has actually cost the taxpayer more overall.

2/3 of appeals are said to be successful (the solicitor that I use claim a 100% success rate). Despite my severe disabilities I was awarded nothing and after their involvement obtained the highest amount available.

It has been claimed that their was a culture of routinely turning down the claims again at the Mandatory Reconsideration stage, so as not to undermine the quality of the initial decision making process. Statistics and internal whistleblowers have backed this up.

My worry is that not every disabled person has the strength to fight or the resources to appoint a solicitor to deal with this problem.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote