Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)
Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2023, 09:24   #16
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2023)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
its very odd isn't it? Content is king. Virgin Media without owning any tv content themselves are in a bit of a pickle potentially. People can realistically just have freeview, Netflix, amazon prime for delivery and now tv for sky sports.

what can virgin media offer? 700 live channels very few watch?

Streaming companies need reliable income streams. Virgin Media need to make deals with them.
This.
Advertisement
Old 05-01-2023, 09:58   #17
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
its very odd isn't it? Content is king. Virgin Media without owning any tv content themselves are in a bit of a pickle potentially. People can realistically just have freeview, Netflix, amazon prime for delivery and now tv for sky sports.

what can virgin media offer? 700 live channels very few watch?

Streaming companies need reliable income streams. Virgin Media need to make deals with them.
Virgin's business plan isn't to be the king of TV. Since before Liberty Global bought the company, the focus has been on broadband. But by providing TV alongside that, Virgin can also target consumers looking to bundle their services. The recent launch of Stream is another way of trying to protect their broadband customer base from exactly what you describe by aggregating content into one box and letting customers decide what and when they want to subscribe to, rather than have them switch to Now for their broadband and Sky Sports for example. Virgin has deals with the big streamers in place and more will hopefully follow but for Virgin the main aim is to be the broadband service that people use to stream content.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:01   #18
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
lets see what 2023 brings i have given up on getting sky sports UHD
Ive been thinking exacly the same Dave. It was only promised almost 4 years ago.
Old 05-01-2023, 11:36   #19
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
Best thing i did was cut the cord, quite happy with my humax aura and nvidia shield although my isp do provide netgem tv at no extra cost as part of my broadband package.
What's Netgem TV like? Never heard of them.
Old 05-01-2023, 14:36   #20
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
What's Netgem TV like? Never heard of them.
It ain't worth the £15 they charge imo as most of the channels are available via plex live tv anyway but you do get viaplay sport https://www.netgem.co.uk/
Old 05-01-2023, 15:49   #21
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendkiller2k View Post
It ain't worth the £15 they charge imo as most of the channels are available via plex live tv anyway but you do get viaplay sport https://www.netgem.co.uk/
Thanks- I didn't know that there was a charge, I had assumed it was a freebie with your broadband in a similar way to the free channels given to virgin broadband customers!
Old 06-01-2023, 02:30   #22
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Thanks- I didn't know that there was a charge, I had assumed it was a freebie with your broadband in a similar way to the free channels given to virgin broadband customers!
You're technically paying for the viasport channels tbf, there are loads of niche channels on it but as i said most can be found on plex or rlaxx apps.
We do however enjoy wedo movies and thrillertv on it.
Also worth noting the netgem 4k box only has one tuner and you can only record via usb.
Also quite a few key apps are missing aka Netflix, nowtv most notable.
We have the humax aura too that box is a great box but is missing netflix and nowtv.
Netflix and now we watch via the shield anyway.
Old 06-01-2023, 10:26   #23
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Virgin Media adds 80 fitness classes to TV service at no extra cost

Content from Nuffield Health, Fiit and Fit at Home is now available to Virgin Media TV customers, at no extra cost, so they can keep fit from the comfort of their own home

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/vir...no-extra-cost/
Old 08-01-2023, 01:38   #24
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Virgin Media adds 80 fitness classes to TV service at no extra cost

Content from Nuffield Health, Fiit and Fit at Home is now available to Virgin Media TV customers, at no extra cost, so they can keep fit from the comfort of their own home

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/vir...no-extra-cost/
....don't want haha. Anything else please Virgin media....
Old 08-01-2023, 19:05   #25
JMcB
cf.geek

Services: 2x 306Tivo Full TV with Movies & Sport 1000Mb BB Land Line Mobile Phone x2 (Sim Only)
JMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant futureJMcB has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to JMcB

Any word on 4k/UHD channels coming. I know BBC iPlayer is still running the UHD in the settings options and that VM have a part time channel.
Old 08-01-2023, 19:19   #26
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Any word on 4k/UHD channels coming. I know BBC iPlayer is still running the UHD in the settings options and that VM have a part time channel.
No word.

I wish Virgin would get off their backside and launch more channels. I'm starting to think Virgin don't know the UK have more broadcasters than the big 7 (The BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Paramount. Warner Bros Discovery, UKTV and Sky.).

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

I am starting to watch That's Media Ltd own channels more over the last few months via Freeview.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 08-01-2023, 19:41   #27
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
No word.

I wish Virgin would get off their backside and launch more channels. I'm starting to think Virgin don't know the UK have more broadcasters than the big 7 (The BBC, ITV, Channel 4, Paramount. Warner Bros Discovery, UKTV and Sky.).

---------- Post added at 19:19 ---------- Previous post was at 19:15 ----------

I am starting to watch That's Media Ltd own channels more over the last few months via Freeview.
You mean listen...the picture quality is bloomin' appalling on their channels, both on DTT and Satellite.
Old 09-01-2023, 11:29   #28
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Grass is not always greener!
Old 09-01-2023, 14:22   #29
Aguero9320
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q, Netflix, Prime, Disney+, Paramount+, Apple TV+
Aguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really niceAguero9320 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
You mean listen...the picture quality is bloomin' appalling on their channels, both on DTT and Satellite.
Agreed. I’ve got Sky Q and can confirm most channels outside Sky, PSBs and the US giants have awful audio and picture quality.
Old 10-01-2023, 11:36   #30
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

Yes - Talking Pictures is an example of this.
Terrible on Sky but noticably better picture on Freeview and Virgin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
Agreed. I’ve got Sky Q and can confirm most channels outside Sky, PSBs and the US giants have awful audio and picture quality.

Last edited by ozsat; 10-01-2023 at 11:42.
Closed Thread