Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2022, 23:11   #1141
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Reports say that The Box is likely to be rebranded as Boxmas from November 1st.

Source from TiVo and Richie
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 24-10-2022, 17:10   #1142
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

CONFIRMED: ITV PLC to rebranded ITV back to ITV1 from November 3rd.

https://cleanfeed.thetvroom.com/1515...-3rd-november/
Old 26-10-2022, 14:48   #1143
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

UKTV Play app was added to 360 - in case anyone missed it
Old 26-10-2022, 17:46   #1144
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
UKTV Play app was added to 360 - in case anyone missed it
Yes, I received it yesterday.
However, does anyone know if the Lionsgate+ app is to be added? It is listed as avaiable on the Lionsgate+ website via Virgin TV but its not added on my 360.
Old 26-10-2022, 18:03   #1145
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Yes, I received it yesterday.
However, does anyone know if the Lionsgate+ app is to be added? It is listed as avaiable on the Lionsgate+ website via Virgin TV but its not added on my 360.
They rebranded the Starzplay section pretty much immediately to Lionsgate+. Yes, I know that's not the same thing.
Old 26-10-2022, 18:36   #1146
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
They rebranded the Starzplay section pretty much immediately to Lionsgate+. Yes, I know that's not the same thing.
Thanks I didnt know that. Only just found that section now buried away in Box Sets and Movies.
But, their own website is stating 30 day free trial of app with Virgin TV. This is bad implementation on Virgins part.
Old 26-10-2022, 19:34   #1147
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

There was £1.99 monthly subscription offer on VirginMedia when it was Starzplay.

It launched on SkyQ this week which is likely why new users are getting the free month offer.

Even though the app on on SkyQ - you still have to go to Lionsgate+ for a subscription or free access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Thanks I didnt know that. Only just found that section now buried away in Box Sets and Movies.
But, their own website is stating 30 day free trial of app with Virgin TV. This is bad implementation on Virgins part.

Last edited by ozsat; 26-10-2022 at 19:47.
Old 31-10-2022, 18:41   #1148
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

ITV2/3/4 HD are all going FTA on Sky tomorrow 1st November.

Surely going to happen on VM too, you'd think.
Heads-up from @cleanfeed_ttvr on Twitter.
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...40159?nobounce
Old 31-10-2022, 21:00   #1149
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

My TiVo box has reveal that Desi Entertainment (Virgin UK Channel 800) will close on November 4th.

Both Voot and Eros Now apps will no longer be able to launch via channel 800 from that date.

Source: My TiVo box.

---------- Post added at 20:52 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

Quote:

Virgin viewers may need to wait until ITV PLC deal is up with Virgin Media.

---------- Post added at 21:00 ---------- Previous post was at 20:52 ----------

CONFIRM: BBC reveal closing date for "BBC One East West" TV News service.

*Cambridge-based Look East is now set to it final broadcast on 16th December 2022 and will join up with BBC One viewers in Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Northamptonshire and parts of Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire from December 17th.

Info from RXTV

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/confirmed-...e-within-weeks
Old 31-10-2022, 21:58   #1150
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Aren’t they already free , I don’t pay for any TV pack on VM and get them all for free on my Virgin Stream box.
Old 31-10-2022, 23:19   #1151
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Warner Bros. Discovery / BT has pick up the UK TV rights to a "Billie Jean King Cup Finals" being hold in Glasgow.

TiVo has reveal that BT Sports will broadcast "Billie Jean King Cup Finals" from November 8th to November 13th from Emirates Arena.

Info from TiVo.
Old 01-11-2022, 05:44   #1152
ozsat
cf.mega poster

My mum is on basic 360 pack and does NOT get them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Aren’t they already free , I don’t pay for any TV pack on VM and get them all for free on my Virgin Stream box.
Old 01-11-2022, 17:26   #1153
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
My mum is on basic 360 pack and does NOT get them.
Your mum should be getting them. ITV2-ITV4 HD have been available on the Sky & Virgin streaming boxes from launch, which is why i'm not too surprised that they've gone FTA on satellite.

These channels have now been moved down to the lowest pack, thus further devaluing the top pack.
Old 01-11-2022, 18:26   #1154
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Your mum should be getting them. ITV2-ITV4 HD have been available on the Sky & Virgin streaming boxes from launch, which is why i'm not too surprised that they've gone FTA on satellite.

These channels have now been moved down to the lowest pack, thus further devaluing the top pack.
The TV360 and Stream lineups aren't the same as I understand it, they just both use the Horizon platform.
Old 02-11-2022, 00:20   #1155
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The TV360 and Stream lineups aren't the same as I understand it, they just both use the Horizon platform.
Indeed. Richard is incorrect on this.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide

Player and Mix customers with a V6 or 360 box do not receive ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD, ITV4 HD and ITVBe HD. On the Mixit TV package they are available with an extra charge in a Personal Pick.
Closed Thread