Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 19-08-2022, 23:43   #1051
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Have it in Cardiff channel 141
That's what he is saying. In Cardiff you will have the London Advertising Macro Region. When Channel 4 eventually makes the correct advertising region available in HD, it should move to 108 and replace the SD version.

---------- Post added at 23:43 ---------- Previous post was at 23:30 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Sure but once a year or so a little nugget comes , convinced that most of his"news" /" I ,ve been told "is drawn from various web news sites . But hay ho.
The funny thing is, I've been noticing that some of the so called "news" sites have been breaking news shortly after it has been disclosed on forum sites. I'm not saying they lift their information from online speculation but occasionally it seems to prompt them into researching something they would otherwise have missed.
Advertisement
Old 20-08-2022, 01:40   #1052
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I’m surprised at the recent disrespect of MB. He was the reason I joined Cable Forum in 2013. I also follow him on Twitter for this reason, too.

He works hard for this forum, giving us ultra-reliable information. Thanks for everything, MB. Here’s to many more years.
Media boy is a top guy! I respect the work he does too.

I'm intrigued about the next big sports rights to come up. Does anyone have a website with key dates? I know the EPL got auto renewed last season for the same amount due to covid?

Would be intrigued to see foreign football rights/F1 etc
Old 20-08-2022, 02:48   #1053
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Has anyone received an end of contract notice from virgin? Seems they have to let you know before your contract ends

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guid...ble%20to%20you.
Get mine by email. They word it as if they are doing you a big favour, when in reality their regulator required them to do it in an attempt to prompt customers to stop Virgin ripping them off.
Old 20-08-2022, 05:44   #1054
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

At least you got one. Sky seem to be opposed to it and have not been doing it - they believe they are exempt.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...fications.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Get mine by email. They word it as if they are doing you a big favour, when in reality their regulator required them to do it in an attempt to prompt customers to stop Virgin ripping them off.
Old 20-08-2022, 11:39   #1055
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozsat View Post
At least you got one. Sky seem to be opposed to it and have not been doing it - they believe they are exempt.

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...fications.html
Very interesting. I imagine that Virgin don't like sending them out either, so will be watching to see if the outcome of any legal review could also apply to them.

Sky must think that this requirement will seriously damage their profits if they're prepared to take on their own regulator over the matter!
Old 20-08-2022, 13:49   #1056
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
Media boy is a top guy! I respect the work he does too.

I'm intrigued about the next big sports rights to come up. Does anyone have a website with key dates? I know the EPL got auto renewed last season for the same amount due to covid?

Would be intrigued to see foreign football rights/F1 etc
-F1 rights end in 2024.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ll-formula-one

-SPFL end in 2024/2025 - SPFL are said to be in ongoing with Sky over new deal over new rights but if Sky don't want all rights
Premier Sports (Soon to be took over by Viaplay), BT Discovery and BBC Scotland are said to be waiting in a winds to take up to 20 games per season if Sky do not wants all 60 games.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-bids-27779537

-Foreign Football rights
https://www.live-footballontv.com/fo...rights-uk.html
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 20-08-2022, 15:27   #1057
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aguero9320 View Post
I’m surprised at the recent disrespect of MB. He was the reason I joined Cable Forum in 2013. I also follow him on Twitter for this reason, too.

He works hard for this forum, giving us ultra-reliable information. Thanks for everything, MB. Here’s to many more years.
Without wanting to derail the thread, he didn't give any information. Said he had some and wouldn't post it yet. You've then got to question of what the point was in the post in the first place.
Old 20-08-2022, 15:35   #1058
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

BT Sport will broadcast WWE Clash At The Castle live from Wales on BT Sport 2 HD rather than BT Sport Box Office on September 3rd.
Old 20-08-2022, 15:44   #1059
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
Has anyone received an end of contract notice from virgin? Seems they have to let you know before your contract ends

https://www.uswitch.com/mobiles/guid...ble%20to%20you.

Yes. Got mine by email around 2 to 3 weeks before the 18-months was up
Old 20-08-2022, 16:12   #1060
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
It's also on Sky.
I think it's also on Freesat.

From what I can gather, the only platform that has not seen CNN return to it after it was removed a year ago is Virgin Media.
Old 20-08-2022, 17:04   #1061
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
I think it's also on Freesat.

From what I can gather, the only platform that has not seen CNN return to it after it was removed a year ago is Virgin Media.
It's not on Freesat. You can manually tune it in, but they aren't paying to be on the EPG.
Old 20-08-2022, 17:44   #1062
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Warner Bros. Discovery has reveal that Peter Crouch: Save Our Beautiful Game is set to be shown on Quest HD in September.

Peter Crouch: Save Our Beautiful Game was first shown on Discovery+
Old 20-08-2022, 18:05   #1063
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
That's what he is saying. In Cardiff you will have the London Advertising Macro Region. When Channel 4 eventually makes the correct advertising region available in HD, it should move to 108 and replace the SD version.[COLOR="Silver"].
Never noticed the adverts !!!! Only record and fast forward .

---------- Post added at 18:05 ---------- Previous post was at 18:03 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythica View Post
Without wanting to derail the thread, he didn't give any information. Said he had some and wouldn't post it yet. You've then got to question of what the point was in the post in the first place.
Hear hear
Old 20-08-2022, 21:54   #1064
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Media Boy UK Sources has today given me some hot info on Warner Bros. Discovery. But I have make up my mind after thinking about it long and hard to sit on it until I get more info.
UPDATE: My Sources did reveal to me on August 17th that Discovery are in very hot water apparently something to do with the Warner Bros. Discovery merger, no other info was given.

I feel it will be HBO or DC.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 20-08-2022 at 22:00.
Old 21-08-2022, 00:34   #1065
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
-F1 rights end in 2024.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ll-formula-one

-SPFL end in 2024/2025 - SPFL are said to be in ongoing with Sky over new deal over new rights but if Sky don't want all rights
Premier Sports (Soon to be took over by Viaplay), BT Discovery and BBC Scotland are said to be waiting in a winds to take up to 20 games per season if Sky do not wants all 60 games.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...-bids-27779537

-Foreign Football rights
https://www.live-footballontv.com/fo...rights-uk.html
Excellent link this! Thanks MB!
Closed Thread