Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 25-02-2022, 15:13   #511
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

A lot of fabrication involved
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1701-e View Post
You couldn't make it up....
Advertisement
Old 25-02-2022, 21:03   #512
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Is Al Jazeera Arabic (Virgin Channel 831) set to close next week?

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/al-jazeera...es-astra-19-2e
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 25-02-2022, 22:04   #513
nodrogd
cf.mega poster

Services: Maxit + Movies/Sports HD (V6x2), BB350, Anytime Chatter. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG
nodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful onenodrogd is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Is Al Jazeera Arabic (Virgin Channel 831) set to close next week?

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/al-jazeera...es-astra-19-2e
I would think not. It's only the Astra 1L feed that is being closed. All cable operators (including VM) plus the majority of DBS reception is now by Hotbird 13 which has a more generous footprint than Astra 1L.
Old 25-02-2022, 22:12   #514
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodrogd View Post
I would think not. It's only the Astra 1L feed that is being closed. All cable operators (including VM) plus the majority of DBS reception is now by Hotbird 13 which has a more generous footprint than Astra 1L.
So there is already an alternative version in Arabic?
Old 26-02-2022, 17:03   #515
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Look like both Nat Geo Wild and National Geographic will NOT close in 2022 after all.

https://www.skymedia.co.uk/opportuni...etwork-2022-2/[COLOR="Silver"]
Good news. They are both excellent channels.
Old 26-02-2022, 21:16   #516
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
So there is already an alternative version in Arabic?
Astra 1 and Hotbird footprints cover large chunks of Europe and it would be relatively easy for anyone to receive both using a single satellite dish with an offset bracket. It probably isn't cost effective for broadcasters to cover a single area from multiple satellites. Having said that, Qatar isn't short of money, so cost cutting doesn't really seem like something they would do.

If you look at the availability, Al Jazeera Arabic is available from multiple satellites across Europe. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Jazeera is probably the best source if you don't want to try to read Arabic.
Old 27-02-2022, 00:40   #517
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Good news. They are both excellent channels.
Everything will be on the streamers eventually. This is only a temporary reprieve.

Just sayin’.

---------- Post added at 00:40 ---------- Previous post was at 00:30 ----------

Quote:
Hochanda Global Limited did reveal LIVE on air at around 9pm tonight that Virgin Media UK viewers can carry on watching Create & Craft when it relaunch tomorrow on Virgin UK Channel 748.
Seriously, though - does anyone care?

MB, do you ever watch these channels? Am I only one to say I don’t give a s** t?

These low quality channels on a precarious budget produce material that most of us consider to be unprofessional and, frankly, boring. I cannot believe that you spend watch these low budget channels very much at all.

But hey-ho - each has their own…

The streamers will put paid to this nonsense.
Old 27-02-2022, 03:37   #518
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Everything will be on the streamers eventually. This is only a temporary reprieve.

Just sayin’.

MB, do you ever watch these channels? Am I only one to say I don’t give a s** t?

These low quality channels on a precarious budget produce material that most of us consider to be unprofessional and, frankly, boring. I cannot believe that you spend watch these low budget channels very much at all.

Why does your vision of the streamers putting paid to linear services sound similar to Russia's treatment of Ukraine?

I guess Media Boy mentioned the channel as it was a potential change to Virgin TV, which is what the thread is about. The thread title isn't Thrilling and Exciting Changes to Virgin TV, some changes will be mundane.

Your analysis of the channel being a low budget entertainment channel is off the mark. It's a shopping channel, selling packs of tat to viewers so that they can create even more tat. And don't tell me you haven't bought into their Tattered Lace Subscription.
Old 27-02-2022, 11:33   #519
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
I only started to watch to see what would happen to a channels when Hochanda Global Limited took over in January.

If I was starting a TV Channel I would launch a non PC Channel. with shows broadcasters say they cant show anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I guess Media Boy mentioned the channel as it was a potential change to Virgin TV, which is what the thread is about. The thread title isn't Thrilling and Exciting Changes to Virgin TV, some changes will be mundane.
If I know a channel is closing on a date - like "Cable Forum TV" is closing on Feb. 30th on Virgin channel 8888. I would go to Channel 8888 on Feb. 16th to see if a listing is saying "Channel no longer broadcasting" on Feb. 30th.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 27-02-2022, 11:50   #520
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

I suspect that you'd soon be fined or shut down for breaching the broadcast code.
Old 27-02-2022, 11:58   #521
Legendkiller2k
cf.mega poster

Services: Giganet broadband 1gbs, netflix, Peacock,HBOMAX, kodi
Legendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of QuadsLegendkiller2k has a fine set of Quads

Quote:

Just sayin’.

Yeah about that. https://www.qvcuk.com/content/shop-live-tv.html
Old 27-02-2022, 12:24   #522
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Why does your vision of the streamers putting paid to linear services sound similar to Russia's treatment of Ukraine?

Your analysis of the channel being a low budget entertainment channel is off the mark. It's a shopping channel, selling packs of tat to viewers so that they can create even more tat. And don't tell me you haven't bought into their Tattered Lace Subscription.
Yup. And some people clearly use shopping channels as company, there's two-way banter between the studio and the viewers. They were reading out several viewer's emails the other day when I flicked it on out of curiousity, they also talked about viewers contacting individual presenters on social media, and the comments on social media reflect that, some people view them as friends who share an interest. I've never bought anything from shopping channels, or watch them, but I can see why others do. I also see why others view them so badly. But as with standard channels, not all shopping channels are the same, some have no banter, no human interaction, some are basically infomercials back-to-back.
Old 27-02-2022, 13:51   #523
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I suspect that you'd soon be fined or shut down for breaching the broadcast code.
Indeed and those programmes are often available online (youtube etc) for anyone still interested in viewing the un-edited versions.

---------- Post added at 13:47 ---------- Previous post was at 13:44 ----------

Quote:
I only started to watch to see what would happen to a channels when Hochanda Global Limited took over in January.

If I was starting a TV Channel I would launch a non PC Channel. with shows broadcasters say they cant show anymore.

---------- Post added at 11:33 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

If I know a channel is closing on a date - like "Cable Forum TV" is closing on Feb. 30th on Virgin channel 8888. I would go to Channel 8888 on Feb. 16th to see if a listing is saying "Channel no longer broadcasting" on Feb. 30th.
Well, yes, exactly. Although in the case of Create & Craft it was a bit of a storm in a teacup as the only real change was re-routing the feed from the old to the new owner.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:47 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Yup. And some people clearly use shopping channels as company, there's two-way banter between the studio and the viewers. They were reading out several viewer's emails the other day when I flicked it on out of curiousity, they also talked about viewers contacting individual presenters on social media, and the comments on social media reflect that, some people view them as friends who share an interest. I've never bought anything from shopping channels, or watch them, but I can see why others do. I also see why others view them so badly. But as with standard channels, not all shopping channels are the same, some have no banter, no human interaction, some are basically infomercials back-to-back.
I've sometimes "watched" IW in the background if the ITV overnight programme started. Only because I couldn't be bothered to turn it off and was preoccupied with something else. Hmm, they tend to get a little over excited about what they are selling sometimes. It's more panto than telesales. :p
Old 27-02-2022, 14:01   #524
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
I've sometimes "watched" IW in the background if the ITV overnight programme started. Only because I couldn't be bothered to turn it off and was preoccupied with something else. Hmm, they tend to get a little over excited about what they are selling sometimes. It's more panto than telesales. :p
I suspect some people prefer it like that.

I saw Peter Simon, formerly of Double Dare (Saturday mornings BBC kids TV many a moon ago), is an Ideal World presenter the other day when I was flicking through the channels. He was totally going for the silly panto banter approach.
Old 27-02-2022, 14:25   #525
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I suspect some people prefer it like that.

I saw Peter Simon, formerly of Double Dare (Saturday mornings BBC kids TV many a moon ago), is an Ideal World presenter the other day when I was flicking through the channels. He was totally going for the silly panto banter approach.
It's been going on for years. Careful though, it almost makes Old Boy's point about low budget entertainment. Not all shopping channels are like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61E0PhuF7TQ
Closed Thread