Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 17-02-2022, 23:12   #451
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
Paramount would probably have to come an agreement with Sky and AMC Networks to close their joint venture channels.

Or just wait until existing contracts expire.
Old 18-02-2022, 12:07   #452
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Sky have 25% stake in Comedy Central and 40% in Nickleodeon before 2005/2006 it was 50% , Surprised Sky haven't already sold their stakes in either as they have Sky Comedy and Sky Kids which apparently their unable to launch as linear channel due to their stake in Nickelodeon.

CBS channels are jointly owned by Paramount Networks UK and Australia and AMC Networks International.

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 18-02-2022 at 12:15.
Old 18-02-2022, 14:49   #453
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
You got 90 days to watch - unless told by Virgin.
Is that all? When VM removed BBC Four SD the programmes were available for a year.
Old 18-02-2022, 14:53   #454
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
Is that all? When VM removed BBC Four SD the programmes were available for a year.
But when BBC Four SD was remove Virgin has a on screen Slate telling viewers they has a year to watch.

No slate has appeared this week.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 18-02-2022, 17:45   #455
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Just noticed programs set to record on bbc1 Wales hd (101) are coming up on 864 !
Old 18-02-2022, 18:02   #456
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Just noticed programs set to record on bbc1 Wales hd (101) are coming up on 864 !
Which is BBC1 Wales in the rest of the UK on VM (outside of iPlayer app) and a duplicate for those in Wales.

861-865 contain duplicates for everyone.
Old 18-02-2022, 18:55   #457
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
To be honest the out put of BBC Wales is pretty poor , and the news coverage leave a lot to be desired. However l can understand why people would look , however I think as far as virgin is concerned it's more about number of channels offered . After all I player is available for such use .

Quote:
I'm surprised you are recording from BBC Wales, given that you say it is pretty poor and given that you have pointed out that iplayer is available for such use.
Old 18-02-2022, 20:05   #458
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Which is BBC1 Wales in the rest of the UK on VM (outside of iPlayer app) and a duplicate for those in Wales.

861-865 contain duplicates for everyone.
I know but it always recorded on 101,before.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
I'm surprised you are recording from BBC Wales, given that you say it is pretty poor and given that you have pointed out that iplayer is available for such use.
I was referring to "local" programmes* national are another story * note I live in Cardiff . so have had HD locally for sometime . Why change
Old 18-02-2022, 20:15   #459
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I know but it always recorded on 101,before.

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:02 ----------

I was referring to "local" programmes* national are another story * note I live in Cardiff . so have had HD locally for sometime . Why change
You may have missed the point, which was that all the regional channels are on the I-Player.
Old 19-02-2022, 11:46   #460
Richardr
cf.addict

Services: V6, Full House, Braodband
Richardr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Paramount Networks UK & Australia own in UK:

-CBS Drama^^
-CBS Justice^^
-CBS Reality^^
-Horror Channel^^

^^Joint venture with AMC Networks International.
AMC own 51% of these, so will presumably have the final word in what happens to them.
Old 19-02-2022, 15:55   #461
Mad Max
cf.mega poster

Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array
Mad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze arrayMad Max has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardr View Post
AMC own 51% of these, so will presumably have the final word in what happens to them.
Hopefully in a big bin.
Old 19-02-2022, 16:33   #462
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
But when BBC Four SD was remove Virgin has a on screen Slate telling viewers they has a year to watch.

No slate has appeared this week.
Thank you for that.

I asked the same question on VM's community forum and they said up to a year so you can see why I am confused.
Old 19-02-2022, 17:50   #463
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You may have missed the point, which was that all the regional channels are on the I-Player.
You are missing my point , set to record on BBC 1 Wales (101 )when the show returned ( peaky blinders) when looking at future programs saw it was not set to record . Checking it came out on the other number. Since looking more are as well.
Old 21-02-2022, 09:44   #464
carbon60
Needs more upload

Services: TiVo V6, TiVo 500GB, Samsung V Box, Full House TV + Sky Sports SD, VIVID 200, Talk Weekends Phone
carbon60 is on a distinguished roadcarbon60 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
You are missing my point , set to record on BBC 1 Wales (101 )when the show returned ( peaky blinders) when looking at future programs saw it was not set to record . Checking it came out on the other number. Since looking more are as well.
I had a similar issue with the Peaky Blinders Series Link. This series it was set to record from 864 BBC One Wales HD. I live in the Midlands.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...HD/m-p/4946596

Seems I'm not the only one. I believe that the Series Link was set to 'All Channels'.
Old 21-02-2022, 10:23   #465
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon60 View Post
I had a similar issue with the Peaky Blinders Series Link. This series it was set to record from 864 BBC One Wales HD. I live in the Midlands.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5...HD/m-p/4946596

Seems I'm not the only one. I believe that the Series Link was set to 'All Channels'.
I think the (behind the scenes) channel ID codes are ranked, and what was the highest ranked of the BBC1 HD variants streams, got changed into BBC1 Wales HD on 864. Series Links set to All Channels go for the "highest ranked" stream, therefore the service on 864 as it has the highest ranked ID code on the network. It clearly doesn't work on EPG number order.

Or follow other settings in certain circumstances. Series Links set to All Channels for Channel 4 on my V6 box records from 104 despite my Series Link being set to HD If Available. By the logic of the selected options it should be recording from 141.
Closed Thread