Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 15-02-2022, 14:35   #421
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Also maybe with BBC going HD we may get BBC Two HD Wales and BBC Two HD Northern Ireland launching UK Wide soon using 86x.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by epsilon View Post
Yes, that's correct. (Each of the configs use the same video / audio streams but are set up for different channel numbers.)

But my favourite channels was fine on channel 102 - so maybe moving soon.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 15-02-2022, 14:55   #422
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Also maybe with BBC going HD we may get BBC Two HD Wales and BBC Two HD Northern Ireland launching UK Wide soon using 86x.

---------- Post added at 13:35 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

But my favourite channels was fine on channel 102 - so maybe moving soon.
It already has moved but it's possible that your box is still using a cached copy of the original version. Reboot?
Old 15-02-2022, 15:02   #423
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
It already has moved but it's possible that your box is still using a cached copy of the original version. Reboot?
Just seen it on my box - It was fine at 4am last night when I last look.

Maybe a move happen after 4am last night that why DBR did not pick it up.

Just found out at BBC One Scotland HD on Channel 101 has also moved.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 15-02-2022 at 15:08.
Old 15-02-2022, 15:09   #424
epsilon
cf.geek

epsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation eraepsilon has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:

Maybe it after 4am last night that why DBR did not pick it up.
Sometime before 3am actually but these changes aren't instantly picked up on boxes. They see the changes the next time they access the SI data.
Old 15-02-2022, 15:12   #425
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Sometime before 3am actually but these changes aren't instantly picked up on boxes. They see the changes the next time they access the SI data.
I did stop looking for changes after 1.10am last night as I started to update on my blog.
Old 15-02-2022, 15:19   #426
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:

Maybe a move happen after 4am last night that why DBR did not pick it up.

Just found out at BBC One Scotland HD on Channel 101 has also moved.
Yes BBC One HD on 101 has moved in London, Scotland, Wales and NI from regional transport streams using duplicate configurations of the new BBC One HD services in the 860's. As I said in #414.

---------- Post added at 14:19 ---------- Previous post was at 14:18 ----------

Quote:
I did stop looking for changes after 1.10am last night as I started to update on my blog.
Aye, the updates were done in several stages.
Old 15-02-2022, 15:33   #427
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

I can't work out why did Virgin put BBC One HD has been given slot 10 when slots are free on

C056 - BBC Two HD
Slots free - 6 to 9

C063 - BBC ONE Wales HD
Slots free - 6 to 9

C065 - BBC ONE Northern Ireland HD
Slot free - 8
Old 15-02-2022, 17:17   #428
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
I can't work out why did Virgin put BBC One HD has been given slot 10 when slots are free on

C056 - BBC Two HD
Slots free - 6 to 9

C063 - BBC ONE Wales HD
Slots free - 6 to 9

C065 - BBC ONE Northern Ireland HD
Slot free - 8
They are all followed by SID numbers that point to the "slot 10" PIDs. As long as Virgin work with a maximum of 10 services (video streams) per transport stream it allows for extra services to be added without messing up the PID order. E.G. SID XX9 will have a vPID of 901 (if SD) or 909 (if HD) - which is Virgin's house style. A bit beyond the scope of this thread though to be honest.

Last edited by epsilon; 15-02-2022 at 17:20.
Old 15-02-2022, 17:18   #429
Rillington
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media, DAB
Rillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation eraRillington has entered a golden reputation era

Quote:
All BBC SD Channels on Virgin UK Channels 861 to 865 has just been removed so it look like a following channels will launch soon on Virgin Media:
How long will recordings made from those SD BBC channels remain on the Tivo set-top box?

When BBC Four in SD was removed, the recordings were available for a year. Will it be a year for these channels as well?
Old 15-02-2022, 18:16   #430
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rillington View Post
How long will recordings made from those SD BBC channels remain on the Tivo set-top box?

When BBC Four in SD was removed, the recordings were available for a year. Will it be a year for these channels as well?
You got 90 days to watch - unless told by Virgin.
Old 15-02-2022, 19:51   #431
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
It's about the versions on 861 to 865.
Why on earth would any one really care. Can't recall ever looking out side my area for BBC .sorry if you do for anyone thinking about it I wouldn't bother
Old 15-02-2022, 19:53   #432
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
You got 90 days to watch - unless told by Virgin.
That's not guaranteed, the Fox channels were only retained for 68 days.

---------- Post added at 18:53 ---------- Previous post was at 18:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Why on earth would any one really care. Can't recall ever looking out side my area for BBC .sorry if you do for anyone thinking about it I wouldn't bother
I've no interest in whether you are bothered or not. I'm just amazed that you would think that the post was meant for you. It wasn't.
Old 16-02-2022, 01:38   #433
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Except the space is still there on TS 101, it just isn't being used. Maybe 101 and 102 will be combined at some point (where possible). It will only mean resetting a few favourite channels (again).
I did think that afterwards. Agreed. Yay, fun!
Old 16-02-2022, 07:29   #434
epsilon
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
I did think that afterwards. Agreed. Yay, fun!
Probably not a major issue for Scottish networks though. TS 101 carries BBC One HD and BBC Two HD which, for Scotland, are now taken from the networked versions on national transport streams. Other services on TS 101 are ITV (SD) and local channels. STV opted to end carriage of SD channels and, since That's TV acquired local channels in Scotland, cable carriage has ended. So that leaves TS 101 completely empty on Scottish networks.

---------- Post added at 06:29 ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 ----------

Quote:
Also Media Boy Sources says that Virgin Media UK has added a "info slate added to one regional networks but at the moment it isn't on a visible EPG channel."
The slate added to TS 101 on Scottish regional networks is though to serve as a placeholder. Following the recent changes, all services have been removed from TS 101 in Scotland.
Old 16-02-2022, 11:48   #435
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Probably not a major issue for Scottish networks though. TS 101 carries BBC One HD and BBC Two HD which, for Scotland, are now taken from the networked versions on national transport streams. Other services on TS 101 are ITV (SD) and local channels. STV opted to end carriage of SD channels and, since That's TV acquired local channels in Scotland, cable carriage has ended. So that leaves TS 101 completely empty on Scottish networks.
So where are a up to three STV +1 Channels broadcasting from (STV +1 still broadcast in SD) if not using TS 101?

My STV +1 Channel (From Edinburgh) is using SID number 10246.

Quote:
The slate added to TS 101 on Scottish regional networks is though to serve as a placeholder. Following the recent changes, all services have been removed from TS 101 in Scotland.
Just log on to find a PM sent to me at 6.15am today saying a same thing to back you up.

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 16-02-2022 at 12:40.
Closed Thread