Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 13-04-2018, 15:54   #12961
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Car insurance has gone down by 200 quid this year. Happy days.
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-04-2018, 17:35   #12962
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The journey is running late nash as they cancelled the connection train at Westbury.
What a shame Den Hope you don't have to wait too long
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2018, 18:43   #12963
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I had the barium swallow test done yesterday and although not on my top 10 things to do list it was really not that bad.

I had visions of being sick as I heard the barium is not pleasant to drink (which it wasn't) but it was not unbearable.

That's now two tests down just two more to go were getting there and at least with one of the other's I will be under a GA and the remaining one is just a bone density scan which will be getting done later on in the year.
Old 13-04-2018, 21:30   #12964
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

What flavour did you have weenie? When I had one done, they gave me a choice of having the drink flavoured with strawberry or banana. I chose banana, and it was just like drinking a really thick milkshake. Glad it went well for you.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2018, 01:45   #12965
nashville
nashville

nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post
I had the barium swallow test done yesterday and although not on my top 10 things to do list it was really not that bad.

I had visions of being sick as I heard the barium is not pleasant to drink (which it wasn't) but it was not unbearable.

That's now two tests down just two more to go were getting there and at least with one of the other's I will be under a GA and the remaining one is just a bone density scan which will be getting done later on in the year.
Your getting there Weenie and you seem to be in a better frame of mind which helps, Good Luck
Old 14-04-2018, 06:03   #12966
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Peter View Post
Car insurance has gone down by 200 quid this year. Happy days.
Excellent Peter.

---------- Post added at 04:52 ---------- Previous post was at 04:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by nashville View Post
What a shame Den Hope you don't have to wait too long
A hour nash sadly.

---------- Post added at 05:03 ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by weenie View Post

Thankfully it was not hopefully too bad for you weenie as its normal to be very apprehensive beforehand as my nightmare is the colonoscopy test where you have to take the laxative beforehand.

Yes l remember having the bone density test quite a few times weenie as l was on a drug called clenbuterol and they needed to check my bone density over a few years period because of the possible effects of the drug.
Old 15-04-2018, 00:21   #12967
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalteseFalcon View Post
What flavour did you have weenie? When I had one done, they gave me a choice of having the drink flavoured with strawberry or banana. I chose banana, and it was just like drinking a really thick milkshake. Glad it went well for you.
I did not have a choice Mark but it was mean't to be fruits of the forest and trust me it smelled like fruits of the forest but certainty did not have any taste of fruits of the forest LOL
Old 16-04-2018, 21:10   #12968
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

My sister and I drove over to near Basingstoke (Odiham) today to meet with two cousins, Michelle and Susan (identical twins) that we haven't seen for a very long time and had a nice lunch in a converted mill house. It's been a reunion that we kept saying we were going to but never actually got round to do. I had not seen Michelle since my father's funeral 25 years ago and Susan since we were kids. An opportunity to renew friendships and also news on family members that are sadly no longer with us.

Nice 4 person selfie to celebrate.

We agreed to try and get the rest of the remaining family together: My other sister, cousin Nicole from York and my Uncle Robert from Suffolk (Yes, Bob is indeed my uncle. ) later in the year, probably in London, by train and stay overnight.

Overall a nice drive in the Surrey countryside, good weather and a decent meal.
Old 16-04-2018, 21:17   #12969
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
My sister and I drove over to near Basingstoke (Odiham) today to meet with two cousins, Michelle and Susan (identical twins) that we haven't seen for a very long time and had a nice lunch in a converted mill house. It's been a reunion that we kept saying we were going to but never actually got round to do. I had not seen Michelle since my father's funeral 25 years ago and Susan since we were kids. An opportunity to renew friendships and also news on family members that are sadly no longer with us.

We agreed to try and get the rest of the remaining family together: My other sister, cousin Nicole from York and my Uncle Robert from Suffolk (Yes, Bob is indeed my uncle. ) later in the year, probably in London, by train and stay overnight.

Well done!

We visited around there couple of weeks ago (Shalden Green, between Alton and Odiham) - it’s a lovely part of the country. I would recommend visiting the Basingstoke Milestones Museum, and the Watercress Line rail line.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2018, 00:11   #12970
nashville
nashville

That would have been lovely for you all. A nice happy story, Heero,
Old 17-04-2018, 06:06   #12971
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post

That's wonderful Heero.

---------- Post added at 05:06 ---------- Previous post was at 05:01 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Well done!

We visited around there couple of weeks ago (Shalden Green, between Alton and Odiham) - it’s a lovely part of the country. I would recommend visiting the Basingstoke Milestones Museum, and the Watercress Line rail line.
Many great memories of going to the Watercress Line at Alresford as they do some great events their like War on the Line and other events throughout the year.
Old 25-04-2018, 18:08   #12972
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Had a lovely family day out in Paignton today.
Old 25-04-2018, 20:07   #12973
nashville
nashville

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Had a lovely family day out in Paignton today.
Very nice Den
Old 29-04-2018, 15:04   #12974
Uncle Peter
81-82-83-84

Services: Vivid 200, Full House, V6 x2
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star
Uncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny starUncle Peter has a nice shiny star

We have a couple of ravens take residence up in the big poplar trees in the front garden. They seem to love eating wood pigeons which means that there haven't been any around for a couple of weeks to trample through my pots and borders, eating plants and chucking my gravel edging all over the place. Top of the food chain!
Uncle Peter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2018, 00:38   #12975
nashville
nashville

We used to love going to Devon when we had family there, Loved exmouth, Sidmouth, Dawlish etc