Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2022, 22:49   #1201
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
Can I ask if I have a right listing for Virgin Media Stream:

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/p/...60-lineup.html

PM me if it not a right one.

Still looking for up to date list for Virgin Media Stream in Scotland, Wales and N. Ireland - Let me know me by PRIVATE MESSAGE on Cable Forum or Twitter me.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 08-11-2022 at 23:05.
Advertisement
Old 09-11-2022, 09:55   #1202
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
That's what they want you to think.
Indeed.
So finally getting my 2 360 boxes replaced with 2 V6 boxes after 18 months of trying to revert back. So it is not irreversable! It can be done!
Old 09-11-2022, 19:26   #1203
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Indeed.
So finally getting my 2 360 boxes replaced with 2 V6 boxes after 18 months of trying to revert back. So it is not irreversable! It can be done!
I did the same, the 360 software is dire especially when you upgrade 2 tivos
Old 10-11-2022, 00:18   #1204
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazz View Post
I did the same, the 360 software is dire especially when you upgrade 2 tivos
I've got 3 v6s so im guessing the consensus is for me to not upgrade...
Old 10-11-2022, 11:05   #1205
Frazz
cf.addict

Services: 2 x tivo TV XL with movie and sport 500Mb broadband phone talk anytime Unlimited mobile phone sim
Frazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about themFrazz has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I've got 3 v6s so im guessing the consensus is for me to not upgrade...
In my experience I'd say yes until forced to
Old 10-11-2022, 11:59   #1206
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I've got two V6s and I'll keep them until there's no option but to change to 360s. My contract's up in June 2023 so I think I'll be good until then.

I know I'll have to move if I stay with Virgin as they won't support TiVo and the V6 for too much longer, but I could do without the hassle and what I have at the moment works fine for us. (We have a Roku streamer for Disney+ and Apple TV+)
Old 11-11-2022, 10:17   #1207
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Watch the best LIONSGATE+ shows at no extra cost

Sit back and enjoy some great shows on demand with episodes of 10 brilliant dramas from LIONSGATE+, at no extra cost

Throughout the whole of November, Virgin Media customers with a Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo®, Virgin TV 360 box or Stream from Virgin Media can enjoy the best of LIONSGATE+ with 10 exciting titles to get stuck into, at no extra cost.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-no-extra-cost
Old 11-11-2022, 10:43   #1208
fox35
cf.addict

Services: V6 x2, Bigger Bundle, Maxit TV & M350, Talk Wkends
fox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the roughfox35 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMaster View Post
Watch the best LIONSGATE+ shows at no extra cost

Sit back and enjoy some great shows on demand with episodes of 10 brilliant dramas from LIONSGATE+, at no extra cost

Throughout the whole of November, Virgin Media customers with a Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo®, Virgin TV 360 box or Stream from Virgin Media can enjoy the best of LIONSGATE+ with 10 exciting titles to get stuck into, at no extra cost.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-no-extra-cost
Another badly implemented service just rushed out by from VM. The offer in the above link states £5.99 pm but when you click the upgrade offer on the box it states £4.99pm. Also there is no clear direction to find the free content available.
Old 11-11-2022, 10:51   #1209
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really niceTimeLord2018 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
I did not see that post.

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Reports on Twitter says that ITV1 and ITVX has been Provisionally set for November 15th. But may still change.

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/s...98420633440256
ITV renames to ITV1 next Tuesday according to Sky
https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/What-s-...2/td-p/4140159
Old 11-11-2022, 11:43   #1210
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
Also there is no clear direction to find the free content available.
Find it in Box Sets > LIONSGATE+

Seems clear to me
Old 13-11-2022, 01:43   #1211
savvychels
cf.geek

Services: VIP120 w/ TiVo x2
savvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpacksavvychels has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I've got two V6s and I'll keep them until there's no option but to change to 360s. My contract's up in June 2023 so I think I'll be good until then.

I know I'll have to move if I stay with Virgin as they won't support TiVo and the V6 for too much longer, but I could do without the hassle and what I have at the moment works fine for us. (We have a Roku streamer for Disney+ and Apple TV+)
This is my position as well. We use a lot of the storage on both our V6 boxes. I’ve currently managed to get one down to around 55%,the other always sits around 25%. I used to keep it down by recording most stuff in SD, but as so many channels have dropped their SD versions, more and more has to be HD which takes more space.

I’m a hoarder. I’ll see something that interests me, record it, then it might be weeks or months before I go back to it. Or I’ll find an older series that I missed and record it all before I work through it. Having only 1 hard drive (or 1 limited to 1TB) means that we’d be close to full all the time.

I know there are more reasons not to, but that’s a big one.

I was among the first to get the tivo when it became public, and same with the V6, but I have absolutely no inclination to change to 360.

Edit: I think I’ve remembered that 360 doesn’t have wish lists? I believe that was my other deal breaker. I use them a lot.

Last edited by savvychels; 13-11-2022 at 01:51.
Old 13-11-2022, 09:58   #1212
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by savvychels View Post
Having only 1 hard drive (or 1 limited to 1TB) means that we’d be close to full all the time.
If your boxes were converted to 360, you'd have the same storage as before. In fact slightly more, because TiVo uses a fair bit of disc space to store the guide data. On the other hand, 360 hides SD channels if an HD version is available, so you would never have the option of choosing to record in SD.

Quote:
Edit: I think I’ve remembered that 360 doesn’t have wish lists?
Correct.
Old 13-11-2022, 13:50   #1213
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
This is my position as well. We use a lot of the storage on both our V6 boxes. I’ve currently managed to get one down to around 55%,the other always sits around 25%. I used to keep it down by recording most stuff in SD, but as so many channels have dropped their SD versions, more and more has to be HD which takes more space.

I’m a hoarder. I’ll see something that interests me, record it, then it might be weeks or months before I go back to it. Or I’ll find an older series that I missed and record it all before I work through it. Having only 1 hard drive (or 1 limited to 1TB) means that we’d be close to full all the time.

I know there are more reasons not to, but that’s a big one.

I was among the first to get the tivo when it became public, and same with the V6, but I have absolutely no inclination to change to 360.

Edit: I think I’ve remembered that 360 doesn’t have wish lists? I believe that was my other deal breaker. I use them a lot.
You're in exactly the same position as I am.
Old 13-11-2022, 15:23   #1214
nialli
cf.geek

Services: Sky Stream, Sky broadband
nialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quadsnialli has a fine set of Quads

I wonder how close we are to a point where VM can't justify the cost of TIVO software and supporting it and tries to move us all to 360? It's been a while since it was launched and supporting the two systems can't make economic sense longer term.
Old 13-11-2022, 16:25   #1215
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

Quote:
Originally Posted by nialli View Post
I wonder how close we are to a point where VM can't justify the cost of TIVO software and supporting it and tries to move us all to 360? It's been a while since it was launched and supporting the two systems can't make economic sense longer term.
They kept Liberate going alongside TiVo for ages.
Closed Thread