Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Changes to Virgin TV (2022)
Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2022, 10:20   #1186
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Changes to Virgin TV (2022)

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I wonder if that date will coincide with the launch of ITV X?
Yikes. Those numerals look bad. Like someone's poor attempt at a mock up.
Advertisement
Old 05-11-2022, 22:55   #1187
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fox35 View Post
How did you accomplish this? I've always been told its a one way street with no going back. Ever.
Which department in CS handled this and was there a charge for doing so?
That's what they want you to think.
Old 06-11-2022, 16:28   #1188
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

RUMOUR:

Just found this on Digital Spy Forum:

"Apparently, according to Netgem, Viaplay (Group) are to launch a new movie/entertainment channel & a app.

Reports also say it will cost a extra £3.99 a month or free if you pay for Viaplay Sports."

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_101821686

Sources: Richardcoulter/DS Forum
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info

Last edited by Media Boy UK; 06-11-2022 at 16:34.
Old 06-11-2022, 16:37   #1189
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

This 'Rumour ' appears come from here
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1764

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyside View Post
I wonder if that date will coincide with the launch of ITV X?
There is trading update from ITV on Wednesday, guess the launch date and rebrand will be announced then.
Old 06-11-2022, 16:42   #1190
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
This 'Rumour ' appears come from here
https://www.cableforum.uk/board/show...postcount=1764
I did not see that post.

---------- Post added at 15:42 ---------- Previous post was at 15:38 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeLord2018 View Post
There is trading update from ITV on Wednesday, guess the launch date and rebrand will be announced then.
Reports on Twitter says that ITV1 and ITVX has been Provisionally set for November 15th. But may still change.

https://twitter.com/cleanfeed_ttvr/s...98420633440256
Old 06-11-2022, 18:16   #1191
TimeLord2018
cf.geek

TimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the roughTimeLord2018 is a jewel in the rough

Could be the 15th , according to the ITV Hub the ITV channel rebrand will be happening later this month - goal is to have it prior to the World Cup 2022 starting.
https://twitter.com/itvhubhelp/statu...tw8kB5rhw&s=19

Last edited by TimeLord2018; 06-11-2022 at 18:24.
Old 07-11-2022, 07:08   #1192
ozsat
cf.mega poster

Services: 1.2Gb/100Mb, VMTV (UHD), Freesat HD, Freeview HD, SkyQ (UHD), BTtv (UHD), DAB+
ozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful oneozsat is the helpful one

The Viaplay app has been available for some time and recently added to more devices.

It is on the Amazon Firestick and direct Premier Sports subscriptions work on it. Amazon show it's release date as Feb 2022.

Direct Premier Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy UK View Post
RUMOUR:

Just found this on Digital Spy Forum:

"Apparently, according to Netgem, Viaplay (Group) are to launch a new movie/entertainment channel & a app.

Reports also say it will cost a extra £3.99 a month or free if you pay for Viaplay Sports."

https://forums.digitalspy.com/discus...ment_101821686

Sources: Richardcoulter/DS Forum
Old 07-11-2022, 14:29   #1193
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

ITV X to launch December 8th.

https://www.tvzoneuk.com/post/itvx-launchdateann1
Old 07-11-2022, 19:55   #1194
cheekyangus
cf.mega poster

cheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quadscheekyangus has a fine set of Quads

The Channel Guide website has always been a bit hit and miss, sometimes listing channels that have long since shut e.g. France24 French HD is listed on ch832 but it hasn't for a LONG time.

The current incarnation though has some of the changes spotted regards the moving of channels in the low 200s in the General Entertainment section.

I think there are still errors though. Great! TV is missing for example, but it's slot on Ch189 is taken by Crime+Investigation HD.

Other changes include 4Seven HD on Ch143 replacing the SD version, Blaze on ch199, Yesterday+1 ch217, CBS Reality ch218, HorrorXtra+1 ch219, Sky Witness+1 ch220, Sky Crime+1 ch221.

https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-t...-channel-guide
Old 08-11-2022, 01:47   #1195
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
Other changes include 4Seven HD on Ch143 replacing the SD version, Blaze on ch199, Yesterday+1 ch217, CBS Reality ch218, HorrorXtra+1 ch219, Sky Witness+1 ch220, Sky Crime+1 ch221.

The changes has now happen but 4Seven HD is on Channel 193 - not 143 as listed on the Virgin Media UK web site.

Also base on my TiVo box Sky Cinema Drama HD will become Sky Cinema Christmas HD from November 12th, plus NOW 90s will become NOW Christmas from November 9th.
Old 08-11-2022, 09:20   #1196
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
The changes has now happen but 4Seven HD is on Channel 193 - not 143 as listed on the Virgin Media UK web site.

Also base on my TiVo box Sky Cinema Drama HD will become Sky Cinema Christmas HD from November 12th, plus NOW 90s will become NOW Christmas from November 9th.
4Seven HD is on channel 143 on my Stream box.

In fact, Stream boxes probably could have done with having a bespoke slate for the changes. Out of the 8 channels listed on the info slate, 6 aren't available on Stream and 4seven HD is incorrect, leaving only 1 channel listed (Blaze) as both relevant and correct.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:27   #1197
SonicMaster
cf.geek

SonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of lightSonicMaster is a glorious beacon of light

Crime + Investigation HD is now on 198 (not 189 as it says in the Channel Guide, which is still Great! TV).
Old 08-11-2022, 12:30   #1198
paul0363
cf.member

paul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nicepaul0363 is just really nice

Quote:
4SevenHD still on 143 on my 360 (that's due to the fact that it replaces the SD version on the 360).

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/virgin-media-tv-changes-8-channels-have-a-new-home

Last edited by paul0363; 08-11-2022 at 13:34.
Old 08-11-2022, 13:32   #1199
SonicMaster
cf.geek

Due to VM's slip up with the updated Channel Guides, by removing Great! TV from 189 and replacing it with Crime + Investigation HD, this also means that the Personal Picks document is now inaccurate.

V6 Channel Guides:

360 Channel Guides:

Personal Picks:
https://www.virginmedia.com/content/...ember_2022.pdf

Despite all of this TV channel shuffling, E4 Extra is still (for now) in the wrong section of the EPG (Music).
Old 08-11-2022, 14:03   #1200
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inactive Digital View Post
4Seven HD is on channel 143 on my Stream box.

In fact, Stream boxes probably could have done with having a bespoke slate for the changes. Out of the 8 channels listed on the info slate, 6 aren't available on Stream and 4seven HD is incorrect, leaving only 1 channel listed (Blaze) as both relevant and correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0363 View Post
4SevenHD still on 143 on my 360 (that's due to the fact that it replaces the SD version on the 360).

https://rxtvinfo.com/2022/virgin-media-tv-changes-8-channels-have-a-new-home
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheekyangus View Post
The Channel Guide website has always been a bit hit and miss, sometimes listing channels that have long since shut e.g. France24 French HD is listed on ch832 but it hasn't for a LONG time.

The current incarnation though has some of the changes spotted regards the moving of channels in the low 200s in the General Entertainment section.

I think there are still errors though. Great! TV is missing for example, but it's slot on Ch189 is taken by Crime+Investigation HD.

I forgot about HD Channels being on SD Channels numbers on some boxes (V6, TV360 and Virgin Media Stream) until I started to update all boxes listing on my blog - after I posted on here last night.

Can I ask if I have a right listing for Virgin Media Stream:

https://mediaboyblog.blogspot.com/p/...60-lineup.html

PM me if it not a right one.
Closed Thread