Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coronavirus

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coronavirus
View Poll Results: When you become eligible for the Covid Vaccine, would you take it?
Yes 76 84.44%
No 8 8.89%
Unsure 6 6.67%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 16-12-2020, 18:22   #1606
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star
Re: Coronavirus

Apparently the vaccine contains a chip so the Govt can control and trace us all....

This virus might have the benefit of bumping off the more stupid who won't have the vaccine. Natural always wins !
Advertisement
Old 16-12-2020, 18:26   #1607
Carth
cf.mega poster

Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array
Carth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze arrayCarth has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Apparently the vaccine contains a chip so the Govt can control and trace us all....

This virus might have the benefit of bumping off the more stupid who won't have the vaccine. Natural always wins !
Oh I say old chap, that's a bit harsh considering there are people who, due to medical reasons, are unable - or advised not to - have the vaccine.

Old 16-12-2020, 18:47   #1608
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
There's some real BS on here at the moment, but I'll humour you.

No, no need. ( BTW My school hasn't asked for a negative test for my kids to attend.)

That would come under "showing symptoms" header

That requirement is only if you have had symptoms or been in close contact with some that has had symptoms.

There is no such requirement for visiting people or people visiting. but I have requested 3days which is above and beyond what is currently required.

we're not a shop, so there is no such requirement

That is brilliant, quite brilliant. This is where the country is at the moment. If you can't see the rank stupidity in that sentence......well. Or are you just taking the piss for a laugh?

---------- Post added at 16:35 ---------- Previous post was at 16:31 ----------

You're right I haven't, and neither have you.

I didn't say it wasn't anything to worry about.

As I said I will be taking reasonable precautions.

I am using common sense and I haven't invited anyone else that I don't know that I have to consider.

---------- Post added at 16:38 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

you're right I haven't, and neither have you.

I didn't say it was nothing to worry and I'm taking sensible precautions

I am using common sense, and I've not invited any strangers to consider.
You stated that you and guest would be taking sensible precautions. I’ve listed some, I’m asking you to clarify what ‘sensible precautions’ you and your guests will be taking.

That’s all
Old 16-12-2020, 18:52   #1609
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
For Christmas it is yes.

So won’t criticise you for being a worrying Grinch that wants everyone to unreasonably spend Christmas in isolation even though they accept the futility of it.

And you don’t criticise me for being an outrageous risk taker just because I want a few in-laws over for Christmas dinner whilst being sensible and following current guidance.

And the country will be happier place.
If Bojo wasn't so scared of being the Grinch we wouldn't need this conversation.
Old 16-12-2020, 19:11   #1610
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The original claim was:-

Quote:
The levels of hysteria on CF (and if it is any reflection, the wider population) at the moment are beyond laughable and bordering on psychosis.

Seeing a few friends and family over Christmas will not harm anyone and will probably do everybody good.
Take precautions act sensibly. Enjoy yourself, Don't worry.
No mention of self-isolating or anything like that. Basically a free for all.
In general, the only possible precautions and acting sensibly involves not meeting up at all. No getting around that.
Old 16-12-2020, 19:24   #1611
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
You stated that you and guest would be taking sensible precautions. I’ve listed some, I’m asking you to clarify what ‘sensible precautions’ you and your guests will be taking.

That’s all
I suspect it's very technical, possibly ground breaking. Might have to wait for the official article in the Lancet.
Old 16-12-2020, 19:38   #1612
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post

That’s all
I’ve already stated what precautions will be taken.

None of what you suggested was sensible
Old 16-12-2020, 19:48   #1613
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Quote:
I’ve already stated what precautions will be taken.

None of what you suggested was sensible
Your claim was that anyone could meet up, not just people connected to you.
Link
Quote:
The outbreak of novel coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) continues to spread rapidly in China. The Chinese Lunar New Year holiday, the start of which coincided with the emergence of COVID-19, is the most celebratory time of the year in China, during which a massive human migration takes place as individuals travel back to their hometowns.
Government policies enacted during the Chinese Lunar New Year holiday are likely to have helped reduce the spread of the virus by decreasing contact and increasing physical distance between those who have COVID-19 and those who do not. As part of these social distancing policies, the Chinese Government encouraged people to stay at home; discouraged mass gatherings; cancelled or postponed large public events; and closed schools, universities, government offices, libraries, museums, and factories
Old 16-12-2020, 20:49   #1614
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The original claim was:-

No mention of self-isolating or anything like that.
In my very next post after that, the very next one, when asked what that meant I said
Quote:
Like isolating for a few days, not coming if they have symptoms or have been with in contact with someone that has had symptoms.
So
Quote:
Basically a free for all.
No, I don’t even know what that means.

Quote:
In general, the only possible precautions and acting sensibly involves not meeting up at all. No getting around that.
Not in my house.

You guys are very welcome to your isolationist Christmases, although deep down I reckon it’s because that’s what you do every year, but I won’t be.

As stated previously, I will be adhering to Govt guidance whilst enjoying a family Christmas with guests.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveeb View Post
I suspect it's very technical, possibly ground breaking. Might have to wait for the official article in the Lancet.
I’ve already stated it many times.

Anyway Merry Christmas! I’ll be having one, even if you’re not.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Quote:
Your claim was that anyone could meet up, not just people connected to you.
Link
Just where exactly did I say that?
Old 16-12-2020, 22:34   #1615
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

Pierre how did that golfing holiday to Portugal go?
Old 16-12-2020, 22:41   #1616
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfman View Post
Pierre how did that golfing holiday to Portugal go?
Had to bin it, due to Portugal going on the banned list. 8 of us were going, 4 went, 4 stayed. We went to Telford for the weekend instead and played 3 rounds around there.

I would have gone, but if I’d have gone, Mrs Pierre would have had to isolate too when I returned ( unless I stayed in the shed).

But I got my money back, even the flights from Ryanair, which I had mentally written off.

Roll on 2021. If anyone drops out I”ll give you a shout.
Old 16-12-2020, 22:44   #1617
jfman
Architect of Ideas

jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze
jfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronzejfman is cast in bronze

That’s a win vs Ryanair. We can set our differences aside for the common enemy there.

Merry Christmas all when it comes. It’s been a sh tty year.
Old 17-12-2020, 00:20   #1618
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
(unless I stayed in the shed).

---------- Post added 17-12-2020 at 00:20 ---------- Previous post was 16-12-2020 at 23:41 ----------

Quote:
COVID-19 vaccine rollout may be delayed - with IT system 'failing constantly'

The rollout of the COVID-19 vaccine could be delayed by technical issues, doctors and health officials have warned, after the first week of the vaccination programme was marred by difficulties with data collection.

GP practices have been forced to collect data on the rollout of the Pfizer vaccine by hand, following problems with the software being used to keep track of who has been given the jab.

A senior health official told Sky News that the IT system, known as Pinnacle, was "failing constantly" and that GPs were "having to record on paper and then transfer".
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-...antly-12164829
Old 17-12-2020, 02:43   #1619
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
In my very next post after that, the very next one, when asked what that meant I said

So
No, I don’t even know what that means.

Not in my house.

You guys are very welcome to your isolationist Christmases, although deep down I reckon it’s because that’s what you do every year, but I won’t be.

As stated previously, I will be adhering to Govt guidance whilst enjoying a family Christmas with guests.

---------- Post added at 20:48 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

I’ve already stated it many times.

Anyway Merry Christmas! I’ll be having one, even if you’re not.

---------- Post added at 20:49 ---------- Previous post was at 20:48 ----------

Just where exactly did I say that?
Your original post on the matter

Quote:
The levels of hysteria on CF (and if it is any reflection, the wider population) at the moment are beyond laughable and bordering on psychosis.

Seeing a few friends and family over Christmas will not harm anyone and will probably do everybody good.

Take precautions act sensibly. Enjoy yourself, Don't worry.
In fact there's not even a mention of it including your household. Eg "Take precautions" rather than "we have taken precautions", "act sensibly" rather than "we have acted sensibly, "enjoy yourself" rather than "we are going to enjoy ourselves", "don't worry" rather than "we're not worried".
You only came up with the list of excuses that have been debunked, when challenged about it.
A household having isolated itself, doesn't come under "take precautions" or "act sensibly". Those 2 things refer to what happens at the gathering, not before it.

There will be households that have fully isolated themselves, but that restriction wasn't in your original post. That made your original post a "free for all", where any households could get together.
Old 17-12-2020, 08:09   #1620
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Quote:
Your original post on the matter
it’s so sad that you are desperate to prove that I said something that I clearly didn’t.

Quote:
In fact there's not even a mention of it including your household. Eg "Take precautions" rather than "we have taken precautions", "act sensibly" rather than "we have acted sensibly, "enjoy yourself" rather than "we are going to enjoy ourselves", "don't worry" rather than "we're not worried".
That post is clearly directed at the general CF viewership. Of which you are one.

Quote:
You only came up with the list of excuses that have been debunked, when challenged about it.
I haven’t made any excuses, nor have I had to, neither has any of my statements been « debunked » feel free to post the « debunking »

Quote:
A household having isolated itself, doesn't come under "take precautions" or "act sensibly". Those 2 things refer to what happens at the gathering, not before it.
I wasn’t referring to the very small % of households that may « have to » self isolate. I clearly state in a post that vulnerable/at risk groups should of course do what they think is necessary.

The original post was aimed at those taken in by fear, and wanting to « cancel Christmas » when there is no need to.

Quote:
There will be households that have fully isolated themselves,
if they have to, then good for them
Quote:
but that restriction wasn't in your original post.
So?
Quote:
That made your original post a "free for all", where any households could get together.
Only in your mind, you need to think a bit more sensibly otherwise you will come across as reckless with that mentality. Stick to friends and family and take sensible precautions.