Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | "New Customer Only" - urgh

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Internet Service

"New Customer Only" - urgh

Old 06-03-2023, 22:49   #1
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point
"New Customer Only" - urgh

So, I am no stranger to businesses offering incentives to "buy" custom/market share. That makes complete sense.

My only question here is has anybody had any success with retentions in terms of their broadband package?

I'm paying c~£50 per month for 250Mbps only (no phone/TV) which is likely to increase due to the latest emails we've all seen, when new customers can get almost half that.

I have told them I am happy to enter into a new contract, but as I'm not a brand new customer, I can't get those rates (or anything close - last guy I spoke to said I was on the best I could get!)

Thoughts?
Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2023, 23:28   #2
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Re: "New Customer Only" - urgh

put your notice in and see if you get a call. I pay £28 for that and have seen others get much better. the £28 is a retention deal not a new customer deal
Old 07-03-2023, 01:26   #3
Wiggz
cf.addict

Wiggz is an unknown quantity at this point

I might reach out to them on web chat tomorrow and see what happens
Wiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2023, 11:04   #4
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggz View Post
I might reach out to them on web chat tomorrow and see what happens
In my experience you never get the best deals on a you call them basis of any type. I always put my notice in and so far within a day or 2 they call and offer a much better deal than first line support
Old 09-03-2023, 05:26   #5
ash45
cf.member

Services: Gig1
ash45 is an unknown quantity at this point

im on ultimate volte which i only took as at the time it was a decent deal i got offered it for £70 including the sim was paying £62 just for the 1 gig anyway so took it and moved my sim from smarty to o2 saving on the smarty side too, got the the price rise letter other day saying was going up £21.50, I never actually used the TV mind, so said to them i either want gig1 for what new customers are getting it for or just put the cancel in ive got decent three coverage/ speed so id of lived if they wouldn't budge, They told me no can do only new customers so said right cancel then, miraculously they came back with i can do you it for £44, £1 cheaper than new customer offer yea im sure people have got it cheaper but TBF after about 18 hours back and fourth on WhatsApp i couldn't be bothered and really to say i have no problems £44 is a docent enough price for me
ash45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 14:33   #6
Chrysalis
cf.mega poster

Services: Gig1, Hub 5
Chrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronzeChrysalis is cast in bronze
Chrysalis is cast in bronze

Yeah, answer is to become a new customer, give notice, if you lucky it wont go that far as giving notice shows the intention to actually leave and retentions will probably give you an enticing offer, if they dont, then you will have to leave, go somewhere else for a bit, then come back as a new customer.
Chrysalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 16:41   #7
Rankrotten
Artist of Light and Shade

Services: Gig 1
Rankrotten is on a distinguished roadRankrotten is on a distinguished road

Is is still 90 days after your disconnection that you are classed as a new customer at the same address?
Rankrotten is offline   Reply With Quote