Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | GB News / Talk TV

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

GB News / Talk TV

Old 07-02-2023, 19:00   #736
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: GB News / Talk TV

Second person that I personally know has now died , having had a stroke with in a short time of having COVID jab. Yes I have had them and are fine but please not push them as very safe, do not know anyone that died of covid or for that matter even had it . Doctors / scientists have got it wrong many times over the years let's not kid ourselves that they get it right all of time . Many people are alive today living with the effects of "safe" drugs.
Old 07-02-2023, 21:29   #737
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itshim View Post
Second person that I personally know has now died , having had a stroke with in a short time of having COVID jab. Yes I have had them and are fine but please not push them as very safe, do not know anyone that died of covid or for that matter even had it . Doctors / scientists have got it wrong many times over the years let's not kid ourselves that they get it right all of time . Many people are alive today living with the effects of "safe" drugs.
While news of any death is a tragedy, anecdotal evidence is the very worst kind and does not in any way demonstrate a link between your friend’s covid jab and their stroke. You might as well blame whatever they happened to have for breakfast that morning.

Clinical trials are held at scale and double-blind to provide quality data and eliminate bias.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 21:51   #738
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

I'll take the risk of the vaccine over the risk of covid.
Lots of people die getting out of bed in the morning, dislodge a blood clot or trip up putting their pants on. However staying inactive in bed is equally if not more risky. Life's like that...Balance of risks...
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 12:51   #739
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Jewish group and MPs urge GB News to stop indulging conspiracy theories

Fears antisemitic tropes are being spread after host Neil Oliver discusses plan to impose ‘one-world government’

The UK’s leading Jewish organisation and a group of MPs have called on GB News and the media regulator Ofcom to tackle the broadcaster’s indulgence of conspiracy theories, warning that some recent segments and guests risked spreading ideas linked to antisemitism.

The criticism comes as the channel faces increasing scrutiny over its mix of serious news with programmes that delve heavily into conspiracies about areas including Covid vaccines and a plot to create a world government.

The decision by the Board of Deputies of British Jews and the all-party parliamentary group against antisemitism to speak out follows a recent edition of the weekly GB News show hosted by Neil Oliver, the broadcaster and historian.

Oliver, who delivers trademark monologues to camera, used the show last Saturday to discuss what he called a “silent war” by generations of politicians to take “total control of the people” and impose a “one-world government”.

The idea seemingly echoes a noted conspiracy theory document called Silent Weapons for Quiet Wars, supposedly a secret manual for world government found by chance in 1986. This has a long section on the role of the Rothschild banking dynasty, a common antisemitic trope.
https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...iracy-theories
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 14:12   #740
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Well yes - full marks to GB News in the light of the Digital Pound and Smart Meters.

And indeed any legislation that reduces parliamentary scrutiny should be suspected initially in the conspiracy theory sense.

Of course anything that hints at or is aimed at a ‘Jewish conspiracy’ is open to the accusation of antisemitism. That said, nothing should be beyon scrutiny.

My advice is at your risk.
Sephiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2023, 17:36   #741
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post

Well yes - full marks to GB News in the light of the Digital Pound and Smart Meters.

And indeed any legislation that reduces parliamentary scrutiny should be suspected initially in the conspiracy theory sense.

Of course anything that hints at or is aimed at a ‘Jewish conspiracy’ is open to the accusation of antisemitism. That said, nothing should be beyon scrutiny.

As always, complaining when. " you" don't like they thoughts people say out load . Let's shut up any one that says anything we don't like , can think of four countries that this is the law
Old 13-02-2023, 03:34   #742
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

I put GB News on the other day.

I was intrigued by the advert break. As well as an NHS advert urging you to make a GP appointment if you were unwell, there was one for a south Wales car repair garage and another for a south Wales in-person gold buying shop.

The south Wales adverts were reminiscent of those shown by local cinemas many moons ago with similar production values. I was viewing in London and not Wales.

Last edited by 1andrew1; 13-02-2023 at 03:37.
Old 13-02-2023, 07:54   #743
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Services: 1 Gbps; Hub 4 MM; ASUS RT-AX88U; Ultimate VOLT. BT Infinity2; Devolo 1200AV
Sephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny starSephiroth has a nice shiny star

Just goes to show what you're missing, Andrew! As a regular GB News viewer (some evenings and always Farage), I'm now immune from those South Wales adverts, which have been there since day 1.

Old 13-02-2023, 10:12   #744
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Just goes to show what you're missing, Andrew! As a regular GB News viewer (some evenings and always Farage), I'm now immune from those South Wales adverts, which have been there since day 1.
Whilst Farage is a great communicator, he comes across as too beholden to Russia to be taken seriously.
Old 13-02-2023, 10:35   #745
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Whilst Farage is a great communicator, he comes across as too beholden to Russia to be taken seriously.
Not to me, Andrew. He appears to me to be very cautious about Russia and it's potentially ultimate actions. True, he colours that with some anti-Biden rhetoric, but no way pro-Russia in any sense I can detect.

Old 13-02-2023, 11:07   #746
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Not to me, Andrew. He appears to me to be very cautious about Russia and it's potentially ultimate actions. True, he colours that with some anti-Biden rhetoric, but no way pro-Russia in any sense I can detect.
Detect this:

Nigel Farage: Vladimir Putin is the world leader I most admire

Quote:
Nigel Farage has named Vladimir Putin as the world leader he most admires. He praised the Russian president’s skills as an “operator”, citing his “brilliant” handling of the civil war in Syria.
Nigel Farage's relationship with Russian media comes under scrutiny

Quote:
Nigel Farage's near monthly appearances on state-owned Russia Today have come under scrutiny after his expression of admiration for Vladimir Putin this week.

In one of his 17 appearances on the channel seen by the Guardian and transmitted since December 2010, he claims Europe is governed not by elected democracies but instead "by the worst people we have seen in Europe since 1945".

The Ukip leader has appeared so frequently that he is cited in literature for the TV station Russia Today as one of their special and "endlessly quotable" British guests. "He has been known far longer to the RT audience than most of the British electorate," Russia Today claims.

The Ukip leader did not issue a word of criticism of Russian democracy in any of the Russia Today interviews viewed by the Guardian. Last August he told the channel that British intervention in Libya and Syria would go ahead regardless of any vote in the UN, and said he was still not sure President Bashar al-Assad had used chemical weapons.
Old 13-02-2023, 11:15   #747
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Don't forget this too - a Russian talking point

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-b2022400.html

Quote:
Nigel Farage says Ukraine invasion is result of EU and Nato provoking Putin

Former Brexit Party chief says the attack on Ukraine is a ‘consequence of EU and Nato expansion’
Old 13-02-2023, 12:05   #748
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

I'm not going to win this one!

Old 13-02-2023, 13:59   #749
Pierre
The Dark Satanic Mills

Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars
Pierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny starsPierre has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not a Farage Fan boy, but neither do I dislike him. From your first link (which was from 2014)
Quote:
Mr Farage was asked by GQ magazine’s new interviewer Alastair Campbell, Tony Blair’s former spin chief, which world leader he most admired. “As an operator, but not as a human being, I would say Putin,” he replied. “The way he played the whole Syria thing. Brilliant. Not that I approve of him politically. How many journalists in jail now?”
and

Quote:
the Ukip leader stressed he did not approve of Crimea’s annexation, but lambasted EU leaders for being “weak and vain” over Ukraine and Syria. He added: “If you poke the Russian bear with a stick, he will respond.”
Doesn't come across as "pro" Russian to me.

From the second link also 9 years old, which basically just has a go at him for being on RT, back in the day quotes him.

Quote:
He pointed out: "I said I don't like him, I wouldn't trust him and I wouldn't want to live in his country, but compared with the kids who run foreign policy in this country, I've more respect for him than our lot."
Which more of an attack on the British Government, rather than a love for Putin.

And from Ben's link - in which there is no pro-Russian comments at all.

Quote:
Mr Farage admitted he was "wrong" to have previously suggested that the Russian president would not attack his western neighbour.

"Well, I was wrong. Putin has gone much further than I thought he would," Mr Farage said in a tweet on Thursday as Russian helicopters were spotted fighting near Kiev.
So I do not see anyone beholden to Russia, nor detect any pro-Russia sentiment.
Old 13-02-2023, 14:03   #750
Sephiroth
Sulking in the Corner

I'm beginning to win again, thanks to Pierre's analysis.