Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 11-01-2023, 20:52   #6001
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
Re: What have you just bought?

A new (to us) car for SWMBOs birthday tomorrow
Old 12-01-2023, 09:39   #6002
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmistoffelees View Post
A new (to us) car for SWMBOs birthday tomorrow

Oooh nice one Mr. My last buy, a bottle of Coty L'Aimant parfum de toilette spray.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2023, 22:24   #6003
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

2 Ring induction Hob (counter Top) took a punt on a as new refurb from Appliances Direct £49 paid £15 for next day delivery.

5 piece Scoville Neverstick Pan set from Asda. £35 but they gave me a tenner voucher due to me needing to refund a couple of items and late delivery of my Christmas shop

Both obviously to use together and they are both excellent. The induction hob makes a huge difference in heat up times and the control, my goodness
Old 23-01-2023, 13:59   #6004
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

Induction is no good to me as I have a pacemaker. I read an interesting article though from a keen cook/chef who like me would still want a gas hob. They also showed that gas (can be) quicker than induction and not all induction hobs can use all the "burners" on high at the same time. Also hard to sear pepper skins on an induction.
Old 23-01-2023, 14:15   #6005
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
Induction is no good to me as I have a pacemaker. I read an interesting article though from a keen cook/chef who like me would still want a gas hob. They also showed that gas (can be) quicker than induction and not all induction hobs can use all the "burners" on high at the same time. Also hard to sear pepper skins on an induction.
Gas is not an option for me unfortunately
Old 24-01-2023, 12:00   #6006
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

A back brace
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2023, 22:52   #6007
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ headset that I will use with my PS5, sounds better than the official Pulse 3D headset and got it for a bargain price, very happy.
Old 01-02-2023, 16:03   #6008
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute

A Playstation 5.
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2023, 17:23   #6009
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunderPants73 View Post
A Playstation 5.
Look at subscribing to PS+ Extra tier, it may save you alot of money on the games they currently have on the service with several top AAA games.
Old 01-02-2023, 17:23   #6010
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Tickets for 4 nights in early June at one of the hotels at Disneyland Paris & Park Passes for SWMBO, Grandson, Daughter, and Son-in-Law - I'll stay at home and look after the dog...
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 14:27   #6011
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal

A stand for the TV I won in a draw. We don't have the wall space to mount it there.
Old 02-02-2023, 14:52   #6012
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiepooh View Post
A stand for the TV I won in a draw. We don't have the wall space to mount it there.
I hope you're liking the huge TV upgrade, take care about burn in though as I keep hearing LG OLEDS suffer from this especially with gaming, I think the TV will have options to help with that.

Very unusual stand it's got room for very little equipment.
Old 02-02-2023, 15:18   #6013
daveeb
cf.mega poster

daveeb has reached the bronze age
daveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze agedaveeb has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I hope you're liking the huge TV upgrade, take care about burn in though as I keep hearing LG OLEDS suffer from this especially with gaming, I think the TV will have options to help with that.

Very unusual stand it's got room for very little equipment.
They certainly do as mine will testify to. It's a 2017 LG and is showing significant permanent retention of the Sky Sports News and GMB logos but only really see it against certain backgrounds. It's technically fade out rather than burn in as the red pixels fade faster than the rest. The modern sets are supposedly more resilient but only time will tell.
daveeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 16:06   #6014
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

A pair of speakers from eBay, but ended up getting a Denon Network Receiver instead, due to Royal Mail screw up putting the wrong labels on 2 parcels. Going to be fun for the seller sorting this one out.
Old 06-02-2023, 10:31   #6015
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Now I need to get a new DVD player, the old one was SCART.

Been look around at maybe a Blue-ray player. But so many with better ratings have loads of smart features I don't need as I already have them on TiVo, TV and Firestick. Multi-region would be good but not essential. Costco have the Sony UBP-X700 for £199.

The stand is very nice. The shelf can hold V6 and standard TiVo with a bit of space for another small unit. One issue is that the legs can attach at slightly different angles, nett effect - TV isn't horizontal so I need to disassemble and set up the legs properly. Support from the manufacturer has been excellent.

It is going to take some getting used to have a screen so high up and so big. I don't know how people round here manage with even bigger screens. Even from where I sit, a couple of metres from the screen my eyes still need to scan around a bit.