Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | What have you just bought?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

What have you just bought?

Old 07-12-2022, 08:56   #5971
ThunderPants73
cf.mega poster

Services: BB & PHONE
ThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond reputeThunderPants73 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What have you just bought?

RDR2
ThunderPants73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-12-2022, 10:01   #5972
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Nintendo Switch

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 11:22   #5973
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

The last of my Christmas Presents , now I can concentrate on the food side
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 18:42   #5974
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Won a bid on Ebay for vintage portable typewriter 1950's, needed because my ability to hand write has gone down hill, £19.50 including delivery.
Tinky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2022, 19:55   #5975
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinky View Post
Won a bid on Ebay for vintage portable typewriter 1950's, needed because my ability to hand write has gone down hill, £19.50 including delivery.
Computer plus printer not an easier option?
Old 11-12-2022, 21:28   #5976
Tinky
To err is human

Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
Computer plus printer not an easier option?

Unfortunately Snoopz in my case no, I tried writing names and addresses of people I intended to send Christmas cards to, on a word app I had, with the intension of transferring it onto self adhesive labels but the result was less than satisfactory. What I intend to do, if I wish to send cards again to my friends and family is to type their details directly on to the labels and then photocopy several sheets for future use. It takes me all day just to write their names. Unless someone else on here has other suggestions
Old 11-12-2022, 22:46   #5977
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Unfortunately Snoopz in my case no, I tried writing names and addresses of people I intended to send Christmas cards to, on a word app I had, with the intension of transferring it onto self adhesive labels but the result was less than satisfactory. What I intend to do, if I wish to send cards again to my friends and family is to type their details directly on to the labels and then photocopy several sheets for future use. It takes me all day just to write their names. Unless someone else on here has other suggestions
I'm no expert but others will be, I think your problem is you're not selecting the correct template for printing address labels and when you use the correct software it'll be a 1000 times easier than going back to the dark ages type writer and your hands will thank you for it.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:11   #5978
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoopZ View Post
I'm no expert but others will be, I think your problem is you're not selecting the correct template for printing address labels and when you use the correct software it'll be a 1000 times easier than going back to the dark ages type writer and your hands will thank you for it.

Thanks Snoopz, perhaps someone (on here) could recommend me the required software.

PS Too late I have bought the typewriter

Last edited by Tinky; 12-12-2022 at 08:22.
Old 12-12-2022, 09:36   #5979
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal
Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Thanks Snoopz, perhaps someone (on here) could recommend me the required software.

The address label sheet will be of a certain format ie Avery L7163

here is how you do it in word. I imagine with some playing you will be able to create a full sheet with different addresses on but this only shows you full sheet or single label

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...d-9c9141d5035b

There are a load of blank templates for word here https://www.herma.co.uk/office-home/...ates-for-word/

Last edited by Jaymoss; 12-12-2022 at 09:48.
Jaymoss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:13   #5980
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Was going to go out shopping today but the roads are very slippy and the car doors will not open,
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:25   #5981
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Maybe a label printer would be an option. Plugs in straight to your computer via USB cable and with the included software will let you print directly to the sticky labels.
Something like this:
https://www.currys.co.uk/products/br...-10173923.html

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2022, 10:48   #5982
Tinky
To err is human

Drat! I should have asked the question before I bought the typewriter.
Old 12-12-2022, 11:40   #5983
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Jaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appealJaymoss has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Drat! I should have asked the question before I bought the typewriter.
It did not cost you much and you can use it now while you practice in Word or similar
Old 12-12-2022, 11:42   #5984
Tinky
To err is human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymoss View Post
It did not cost you much and you can use it now while you practice in Word or similar

Hey I'm a poor pensioner lol!
Old 12-12-2022, 11:49   #5985
Jaymoss
Just a Geek

Quote:
Hey I'm a poor pensioner lol!
Then the typewriter cost a lot less than the label maker hahaha