Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 23-05-2010, 19:09   #196
zing_deleted

Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Finally upgraded to a core i7 720 cpu new board and mobo

I am seriously impressed with this CPU my old 9450 clocked to 3.2 gig coulc manage just about 3 instances of convertxtodvd at once source and destination seperate drives. I couldnt do much else on the pc and each instance would take approx 45 mins to and hour.

This cpu can handle the 3 with headroom to do anything else and finishes in 15 minutes flat . Seriously impressed
Advertisement
Old 23-05-2010, 19:15   #197
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
That was the whole problem - far too many charms. I actually went into 'boob shut-down'.
Keeping Dilli under control was fun

Went to Blackpool for the first time yesterday, loved it. The weather was amazing, was with good friends and had a cool evening. My only gripe was it caters a bit too much for the Stag/Hen night market but still, this morning there was a parade along the front for the ex RAF old boys, complete with a fly-by from a Spitfire

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:13   #198
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreak View Post
Thomas, I've been dying to ask but was scared of causing offence, now i've got a drink down me...if you are blind how do you manage on a forum? the braille sig threw me when i first joined i didnt know if theres a monitor that shows it you in braille , forgive my ignorance
Actually, sounds like Dilli feels the same as my sister. She had major surgery on her spine in 1994, and as a result was wheelchair bound for a long time (a couple of years IIRC). She was actually uncomfortable when people tried to work out what was wrong with her (I think it was mainly the amount of staring and whispering they seemed to do while trying to work it out) and preferred that people ask her directly. Kids were apparently best at this, as they don't have the same ideas of tact adults have, so will not feel uncomfortable about asking.

My happy thought? A few this week.

First, and most importantly, a friend of mine gave birth at 5 to 3 Thursday Morning. Mother and Baby are apparently doing excellently, although the Mother was knackered. Hopefully I'll go to see them soon, when things have settled a little bit (they made the mistake of moving house while she was in the final trimester of pregnancy, so are apparently still sorting things out).

Second, I had a damn good barbeque to go to yesterday (which is why I couldn't attend the meet, they organised it to celebrate my Birthday next week).

Third, I've just managed to get MediaCoder to access my GFX card properly (it can use Nvidia's CUDA technology to encode using the GFX card). As a result, I am able to watch Speed on Blu-Ray and encode video at two point fives times normal playback speed while only using around 75-85 percent of CPU time.

Edit: Just been looking at a few things, and I think the reason MC is limited to 2.5x speed is simply that it's reading video from my NAS which is on a 100 meg network..
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:21   #199
Hiroki
Inactive

Services: SkyHD, Freesat & Virgin Media TV/BB
Hiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful oneHiroki is the helpful one
Send a message via MSN to Hiroki

I'm happy that one of my brothers I haven't spoken to in like 6+ years is actually speaking to me now

He even came and said "hello" to his nephew for the first time today
Hiroki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:36   #200
Graham M
-

Services: FreeSat+ Tivo V-Box VM 60MBit
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Graham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny starsGraham M has a pair of shiny stars
Send a message via MSN to Graham M Send a message via Yahoo to Graham M

Just got back from Blackpool, awesome weekend with the CF Team, nice to meet you all
Graham M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-2010, 20:53   #201
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroki View Post
I'm happy that one of my brothers I haven't spoken to in like 6+ years is actually speaking to me now

He even came and said "hello" to his nephew for the first time today
Im so happy for you and may it last forever
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 08:20   #202
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

This tickled me. I was in conversation with a young barman at our local Club. He was saying that when they have Bands performing, their followers often just buy bottles of wine to drink at the table, which is cheaper than buying by the glass. I asked if he charged corkage, and he said no because the bottles were all screw tops........doh!

We are off for a four day break, Weston Super Mare is looking favourite. We haven't booked so we shall see what fate has in store for us.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 08:51   #203
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Oh Corkage. Thanks for reminding me of happy times. I remember it well, years ago one of our favourite restaurants didn't have a liqueur licence and it used to charge Corkage. The Owner would put on a show no matter how modest the bottle he was given. Our cheap bottle of Spanish Sweet White Plonk would get the same reverential treatment as the finest French Vintage Champagne.

Have a lovely break Tinky, I hope the good weather holds out for you.
Old 24-05-2010, 08:53   #204
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Ta Jo! We're off now! Yippeeee!!!!!!!!!
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 08:59   #205
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Up early this morning after a long,long day yesterday..which started with a eat as much as you can breakfast, took in a trip to drop off Frank at the Newbury Rail station,two traffic jams due to traffic accidents and finished with me waving Graham M back off to Poole from my front door around 6 ish..how we didn't melt into a puddle on the trip I've no idea..

Graham M did a terrific job up to and back from Blackpool and is going to be an ace taxi driver.He already has a good middle finger gesture action going...

I was really nice to meet Frank the Whizkid.He's a really nice guy..As are all the CF team..Whose entire look of hapless terror when approached by two young girls on a hen night seeking 10 out 10 kisses for a bet will stay with me for a very long time.Not that they didn't rise manfully to the occasion.

Well not Chris because we had lost him by that point and Russ because he was actually phoning his lovely lady at the time.

As for the rest well what happens in Blackpool stays in Blackpool
Old 24-05-2010, 09:00   #206
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I'm not sure I will ever recover - but I do plan to go back
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2010, 09:03   #207
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas T View Post
I'm not sure I will ever recover - but I do plan to go back
I'm just pleased I'm not actually working..I need to recover and catch up with my sleep.
Old 24-05-2010, 13:51   #208
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

My day is actually going very badly.

BUT - I just made a cuppa in my nice shiny new Blackpool mug and I feel quite fluffy now (Good memories and all that)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0082.jpg (956.9 KB, 14 views)
Old 24-05-2010, 14:34   #209
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

I also wanted to say that having met Thomas T (Dilli) my respect for him has grown tenfold in regards the way he deals with his sight issues and his very healthy attitude in dealing with it..

I'd also like to say that having insisted someone isn't able to work because of a disability then it's not particularly helpful of government/social services to not help provide you with the wherewithal to AFFORD those items that make you at least an active and as independent member of society as you can be by insisting you purchase items at cost when the benefit only covers your day to day living.
Old 24-05-2010, 18:47   #210
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Um - cheers

What can I say? - I just plod on. There are people much worse of than I am.