Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Old 24-11-2010, 09:10   #1561
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_love_monkey View Post
it doesn't do divx, does it?
Unfortunately, no - however, there are lots of free conversion programmes out there, and on a 22" TV with upscaling, any loss of quality is (imho) negligible.

---------- Post added at 09:10 ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post
You kidding? This is Apple..
Having said that, you can now get VLC on the iPad, which will play divx (legally).
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 24-11-2010, 09:14   #1562
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
[/COLOR]Having said that, you can now get VLC on the iPad, which will play divx (legally).
True, but while Apple did allow VLC, they didn't make it.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 09:21   #1563
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Agreed...
Old 24-11-2010, 13:48   #1564
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Managed to get my daughter some floor tickets for the Glee Tour concert in Manchester next June - I'll tell her tonight, and make it an extra birthday surprise.

I am sure her squeal of delight will be heard a couple of miles away (she's 23, btw, but a real Gleek)....
Old 24-11-2010, 17:43   #1565
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Just fitted Apple TV to the bedroom TV, streaming programmes over wifi from iTunes on the home PC - never been a big Apple fan, but it just works.

Excellent picture quality, good sound, no lag - I'm impressed......
Not sure if this'll help you, but apparently if you don't like the apple remote, you can teach the Apple TV to use another one.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 00:35   #1566
Fingy
Inactive

Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal
Fingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appealFingy has a bronzed appeal

My eldest (strange calling a 2 year old that) had his hearing test today which was arranged as part of his autism diagnosis.

My suspicions were confirmed, he has perfected male selective hearing at this young age and there is actually damn all wrong with his hearing, yay!
Fingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 00:42   #1567
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fingy View Post
My eldest (strange calling a 2 year old that) had his hearing test today which was arranged as part of his autism diagnosis.

My suspicions were confirmed, he has perfected male selective hearing at this young age and there is actually damn all wrong with his hearing, yay!
Good to hear that...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 06:42   #1568
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

That is something I have never heard of Male Selective Hearing.

Does he have an ideal role model in his father.

Did you say something?
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 07:49   #1569
Tinky
To err is human

Services: yearly MOT
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars
Tinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny starsTinky has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:

Phew! That's a relief Fingy.
Tinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 13:15   #1570
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:

Great news Fingy, at least with the gender based selective hearing being recognised early and you will be able to nip it in the bud before it takes full hold.

If only this condition, shared by so many men, had been picked up when they were young enough for corrective conditioning to have been a viable proposition we women wouldn't have to repeat ourselves so often.

Seriously though establishing his good hearing must be very welcome news.
Old 25-11-2010, 13:39   #1571
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
Great news Fingy, at least with the gender based selective hearing being recognised early and you will be able to nip it in the bud before it takes full hold.

If only this condition, shared by so many men, had been picked up when they were young enough for corrective conditioning to have been a viable proposition we women wouldn't have to repeat ourselves so often.
Sorry, sorry I failed to take in any of that could you please repost it.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 14:10   #1572
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masque View Post
Sorry, sorry I failed to take in any of that could you please repost it.
here you go ........

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post

Seriously though establishing his good hearing must be very welcome news.
..... though in the case of the older male hearing loss can be a expected sign of old age creeping up, so any time you need one of us ladies to speak a bit louder you just have to say.
Old 25-11-2010, 14:46   #1573
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

Wouldn't be much good at them either as the men would still have selective hearing. I guess us women are doomed and have to accept the way the men are Jo
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 14:57   #1574
Sasha222
Inactive

Sasha222 has a nice shiny starSasha222 has a nice shiny star
Sasha222 has a nice shiny star

All men should walk around wearing them
Sasha222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-11-2010, 17:48   #1575
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Off to see Dara Ó Briain at the Leeds Grand Theatre tonight.