Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | 360 downgrade

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

360 downgrade

Old 03-02-2023, 16:28   #16
TAZMANUK
cf.addict

Services: Ultimate Volt Package, V6, 1 gig bb, WiFi max 2 pods, maxit TV, anytime chatter
TAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the roughTAZMANUK is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to TAZMANUK
Re: 360 downgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Be nice if they let those.that still had the old tivo boxes to upgrade to a V6. Last time I tried this they said I could only have 360, an offer I refused.
Contact them via WhatsApp chat, took 2 attempts but their sending me a V6 to replace my old Tivo box without charge, I did ask about the 360 and they wanted to charge me £30 plus delivery even though it was a software download to the V6 I already have and send me a 360.mini and 2 remotes rather than a V6, I declined paying £30 for a software download.

You'll see on Virginmedia website that all new customers don't have the option to have a Tivo V6 only the 360.abd 360 mini and virgin stream if only having broadband with no TV.

It's hard to believe you cannot just link up 2 X virgin streams to a TV account so the 2 virgin streams can just get the same package you subscribe too and pay one off fee for the virgin streams you can't have one of you have virgin TV even if you could you'd ha e to pay separately for another TV package for stream.

Be good just to have stream without recording but you could tell the 360 box to record though bit like the 360.mini
TAZMANUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-02-2023, 22:11   #17
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

What exactly is the series link issue?

Can't be worse than Sky Q where you can't specify new shows only, and can't even specify a certain part of a multi-segment show. I.E. for F1 on a V6 you can record just the races and qualifying but nothing else if you don't want it. But on a Q box it records everything. Pre-race, post-race, Ted's notebook, specials etc. One race weekend will fill the box up if recording in UHD. It's hilariously bad and you end up with loads of non-HD junk from +1 channels and repeats.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 12:41   #18
Bob
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky Q and Hyperoptic
Bob has reached the bronze age
Bob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze ageBob has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
What exactly is the series link issue?

Can't be worse than Sky Q where you can't specify new shows only, and can't even specify a certain part of a multi-segment show. I.E. for F1 on a V6 you can record just the races and qualifying but nothing else if you don't want it. But on a Q box it records everything. Pre-race, post-race, Ted's notebook, specials etc. One race weekend will fill the box up if recording in UHD. It's hilariously bad and you end up with loads of non-HD junk from +1 channels and repeats.
I concur. I find it doesn't even manage to series link shows at all and it's randomly missed episodes in a series for no apparently recent. It's not that they failed, it just missed them completely.

But if you've been used to a very customisable experience prior, whatever the 360 box offers is going to be a come down unfortunately. Guess that's why TiVo have their patents
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 21:04   #19
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Yeah I guess it’s when comparing to the V6. Also things like how I can’t seem to watch a part recorded show which is still running - offers start from beginning or watch live and then stops you watching ads on channel 4.

Again, if you were new to VM then might not notice. Also there are good points I’ve found during my temporary 360 experience - apps and not having to use my fire stick, turning tv on and off automatically… even the fact the guide starts at the channel you are on lol.

Certainly not a bad platform but in my view the differences should be clearly highlighted to people ‘upgrading’ and warned their policy is not to roll back in general.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2023, 21:50   #20
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAZMANUK View Post
Contact them via WhatsApp chat, took 2 attempts but their sending me a V6 to replace my old Tivo box without charge, I did ask about the 360 and they wanted to charge me £30 plus delivery even though it was a software download to the V6 I already have and send me a 360.mini and 2 remotes rather than a V6, I declined paying £30 for a software download.

You'll see on Virginmedia website that all new customers don't have the option to have a Tivo V6 only the 360.abd 360 mini and virgin stream if only having broadband with no TV.

It's hard to believe you cannot just link up 2 X virgin streams to a TV account so the 2 virgin streams can just get the same package you subscribe too and pay one off fee for the virgin streams you can't have one of you have virgin TV even if you could you'd ha e to pay separately for another TV package for stream.

Be good just to have stream without recording but you could tell the 360 box to record though bit like the 360.mini
Tbh I'm a bit torn. Although it's slow the old tivo box has 2 tv outputs which neither the V6 or 360 have.
Mr K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 12:40   #21
trickytree
cf.addict

Services: VVIP500
trickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about themtrickytree has a spectacular aura about them

I've noticed there used to be an option to upgrade to 360 pretty much constant in the menus or across the discovery bar at the top.
I actually went looking for it last week and couldn't find the option anymore.
I wasn't going to take the plunge but just was looking out of interest as I am making more of an effort to clear down our 2 boxes as when they are both around the 90% used mark losing 2 boxes of recordings is the only real thing holding me back from moving to 360
trickytree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 15:23   #22
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr K View Post
Tbh I'm a bit torn. Although it's slow the old tivo box has 2 tv outputs which neither the V6 or 360 have.
If not to far apart use a splitter , works fine ,had one for a few years now no problems
Old 03-03-2023, 14:11   #23
david_w2k
cf.addict

david_w2k is on a distinguished roaddavid_w2k is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickytree View Post
I've noticed there used to be an option to upgrade to 360 pretty much constant in the menus or across the discovery bar at the top.
I actually went looking for it last week and couldn't find the option anymore.
I wasn't going to take the plunge but just was looking out of interest as I am making more of an effort to clear down our 2 boxes as when they are both around the 90% used mark losing 2 boxes of recordings is the only real thing holding me back from moving to 360
I think the Upgrade app now only appears once you've kicked off the upgrade process - e.g. ordered the replacement remotes and had your contract updated.

Definitely worth reading the pros and cons before doing it.

Personally I am very happy I was able to go back to V6! Interestingly mine still has the upgrade app but they said it would disappear eventually.
david_w2k is offline   Reply With Quote