Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 23-10-2016, 11:10   #2191
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
You could argue that supporting its way of life suggest no change in the status quo ie remain in the EU.

I wanted to demonstrate that you can be accused of being unpatriotic whichever way you voted. To accuse people of being unpatriotic as papers like The Express do is not constructive and can be offensive.
Sadly one can be accused of not being patriotic by some who obviously cannot debate like rational , reasoned adults thus they tend to throw these labels around willy nilly which frankly is pathetic IMO.
Old 23-10-2016, 11:11   #2192
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDaddy View Post
They're part of the reason we're leaving, people are fed up with them feathering their own nests.
Agreed although compared to the US our politicians are pretty angelic!
Old 23-10-2016, 11:25   #2193
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
You could argue that supporting its way of life suggest no change in the status quo ie remain in the EU.

I wanted to demonstrate that you can be accused of being unpatriotic whichever way you voted. To accuse people of being unpatriotic as papers like The Express do is not constructive and can be offensive.
yes you could argue that supporting the EU is patriotic but patriotic to which state ?
i think the worry now is that some will act in an unpatriotic/undemocratic /unBritish way to try and reverse/ undermine the democratic decision made by the British people to take back control of the UK and leave the EU.

---------- Post added at 11:25 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Sadly one can be accused of not being patriotic by some who obviously cannot debate like rational , reasoned adults thus they tend to throw these labels around willy nilly which frankly is pathetic IMO.
make sure the saddle is nice and tight one wouldn't want you to fall off that high horse your perched on
Old 23-10-2016, 11:26   #2194
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
yes you could argue that supporting the EU is patriotic but patriotic to which state ?
i think the worry now is that some will act in an unpatriotic/undemocratic /unBritish way to try and reverse/ undermine the democratic decision made by the British people to take back control of the UK and leave the EU.
That's why Brexit must be full. Otherwise the remoaners will slowly and sneakily slide us beck into the EU fold.
Old 23-10-2016, 11:31   #2195
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by heero_yuy View Post
That's why Brexit must be full. Otherwise the remoaners will slowly and sneakily slide us beck into the EU fold.
and that would be unpatriotic bordering on treachery .
Old 23-10-2016, 11:37   #2196
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Agreed. As soon as I read the labels "Brextremeist" or "Remoaner" in an article it's usually a red flag to indicate that the article is going to be blinkered and unconstructive.
Old 23-10-2016, 11:45   #2197
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
make sure the saddle is nice and tight one wouldn't want you to fall off that high horse your perched on

Well l never expected that from you old boy..
Old 23-10-2016, 12:23   #2198
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

MPs aim to force government to show its Brexit negotiating hand

Quote:
Financial Times Labour MP Hilary Benn, who was elected as chairman of the House of Commons Brexit committee this week, said he and fellow committee members “will want to get answers from ministers because we need to manage the uncertainty” for business and other affected groups and parliament “would want to express a view”.

However the committee would not seek to control the timing of when Britain triggers Article 50, the official legal notification to other EU member states, Mr Benn said.
https://www.ft.com/content/68e4551a-...b-70e3cabccfae
Old 23-10-2016, 13:12   #2199
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Agreed. As soon as I read the labels "Brextremeist" or "Remoaner" in an article it's usually a red flag to indicate that the article is going to be blinkered and unconstructive.
Funny that because you just described most of your posts, in this thread, in that entire paragraph.
Old 23-10-2016, 13:51   #2200
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Funny that because you just described most of your posts, in this thread, in that entire paragraph.
I'm sorry you feel that way.
Old 23-10-2016, 14:54   #2201
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
I'm sorry you feel that way.
It is not a case of me 'feeling' that way.

When you attack the 'brexiteers', by calling them unpatriotic, it's a blinkered way and nonconstructive.

Not ALL your posts are, perhaps in my assertion above, saying most of your posts, was too harsh.

But it is a bit low, to attack those who voted opposite to you. You provided a link to an article but then you took it upon yourself to add a little negative dig, it was uncalled for and I and a few others it would seem to take exception to it.

Damien suggested you said it to spark a reaction, I would say that is provocative if this is true. Provoking other members, is a no no.

Over most of the social networks and what not, there has been a lot of aggressive bickering and trolling, a lot weighed in and aimed at people who voted to leave. People attacking them, calling them 'thick', or suggesting they have no idea what they have done. It is utter nonsense, I have NO regrets voting to leave that corrupted mess, led by unelected 'OLD Men', as Nigel Farage called them.

There are many reasons I voted to leave, the EU being corrupt, tops the list.
Old 23-10-2016, 15:31   #2202
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I have no regrets either. Like you I voted from over 40 yrs of experience of Europe and it's political masters and policies.
Old 23-10-2016, 15:40   #2203
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
It is not a case of me 'feeling' that way.

When you attack the 'brexiteers', by calling them unpatriotic, it's a blinkered way and nonconstructive.

Not ALL your posts are, perhaps in my assertion above, saying most of your posts, was too harsh.

But it is a bit low, to attack those who voted opposite to you. You provided a link to an article but then you took it upon yourself to add a little negative dig, it was uncalled for and I and a few others it would seem to take exception to it.

Damien suggested you said it to spark a reaction, I would say that is provocative if this is true. Provoking other members, is a no no.

Over most of the social networks and what not, there has been a lot of aggressive bickering and trolling, a lot weighed in and aimed at people who voted to leave. People attacking them, calling them 'thick', or suggesting they have no idea what they have done. It is utter nonsense, I have NO regrets voting to leave that corrupted mess, led by unelected 'OLD Men', as Nigel Farage called them.

My original post was there to demonstrate that the term "unpatriotic" could be applied to either side. Some people got the point, others didn't. I wasn't trying to provoke anyone as that's genuinely not my style. Undoubtedly, my post could have been clearer.

Damien got the irony when he said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I think he is intentionally mocking the use of unpatriotic to describe Remain voters.
I then clarified that it's daft to criticise anyone as unpatriotic:
Quote:
Just demonstrating that the term "unpatriotic" can also be applied to people who voted to leave the EU and that overall it's daft to call people unpatriotic because they voted in one particular way.
I'm still not sure why I'm still being criticised for calling people unpatriotic when I've previously stated that was never my intention. But it may just be a simple matter that you didn't see my explanatory post. Anyway, time to get out into the sunshine.
Old 23-10-2016, 16:13   #2204
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

You are being criticised for saying it. If it wasn't your intention why say it? An explanatory post afterwards would be unnecessary if you put your POV over in self-explanatory terms to begin with.
Old 23-10-2016, 16:37   #2205
mrmistoffelees

Services: Many
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze
mrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronzemrmistoffelees is cast in bronze

Quote:

<snip>

Ah yes, our pure as the driven snow,entirely uncorrupt political parties

wait, what ?